Nowadays, with so much technology available at the grasp of our hands, we can easily post on Instagram from PC, MAC, or laptop no matter what operating system we are using. There is a different method for each of these categories to be used while using Instagram.
Keeping your social media platform has become more of a trend rather than a necessity. I don’t see how important it is to keep everyone updated with every second of your life, but hey, I am no one to judge or stop others. Many brands and creators need to grow Instagram followers to stand out from others.
Today, I am here with a few methods to apply if you are using Instagram from PC or windows or a Mac for the first time. These methods will help you to upload pictures and videos(multiple) in easy and simple steps. There are various third-party apps that you can use as well to access Instagram on Windows or Linux, or iOS operating systems.
Without any further adieu, let’s jump straight into the article below and see what the different ways in which we can post on Instagram from PC are.
How to Post On Instagram from PC
Post Pictures and Videos On Instagram Using Google Chrome
First things first, you need to have Google Chrome on your laptop or desktop to post pictures and videos on Instagram. If you don’t have Chrome installed, download it using the link https://www.google.com/chrome/.
After installing Chrome, follow these simple steps to post on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram login page on your browser and enter your valid credentials
- Open the settings of your browser window by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on More Tools and then click on the Developer’s Tools.
- It will redirect you to the window’s developer screen for Chrome.
- Tap on the mobile button and then select the mobile interface as per your needs.
- Refresh your tab once you have selected the desired mobile interface, and then you will be able to post pictures and videos from your PC, just like your phone.
How To Post On Instagram Using MAC[Note: You can upload pictures from MAC using the same steps as above if you are using Google Chrome on your MAC. However, if you are not, then we have an alternate method for you below.]
- Open Mac’s default browser Safari and then log in to your Instagram profile.
- Click on the Preferences menu and then go to the Advanced section.
- Next to the menu bar, click on the Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar.
- It will redirect you to the Develop Menu, where you have to click on the User-Agent
- From here, you can choose the mobile interface you want to use on your Instagram.
- Next, your tab will be refreshed once, and then you are all good to upload pictures and videos from your Mac.
How To Upload IG Story From Desktop or MAC
Use the following steps to upload an Instagram story using your PC or Mac easily.
- First, open the Instagram Login page on your browser and open your account.
- Go to the developer mode on your browser using the steps mentioned above.
- Next, click on the camera icon in the top left corner.
- Choose any picture or video that you want to be added to your Instagram story.
- If you wish to edit your stories using filters, or stickers, and gifs, you can do that as well.
- When you are finally done, simply click on Add To Your Story at the bottom, and your story will be uploaded.
How To Upload Pictures Using Third-Party Apps
There are plenty of third-party apps available in the market that you can use in place of any browser when you are wishing to post on Instagram using your Mac or PC. Amongst the many apps available, there is one Hootsuite that you can use to access Instagram easily.
- First of all, if you don’t have a Hootsuite account, create one and then log onto your dashboard.
- Next, click on the New Post button present on your dashboard.
- You will be redirected to a new screen where you can select the Instagram account under Post To option.
- If you haven’t added an Instagram account, add your account by clicking on +Add a Social Network.
- Under the Media section, choose the pictures or videos that you want to upload. You can select multiple photos and videos at the same time as well.
- Using the Hootsuite Photo editor, you can even enhance your selected photos and videos.
- Once done with the editing, add your favorite caption using the Text section and also add a location if you wish to.
- After performing the above steps, click on the Post now option, and voila, your Instagram post is uploaded.
How To Edit Instagram Post Using PC or Mac[Note: First of all, upload a picture using the steps mentioned for PC and Mac, which will give you access to the developer mode. After that, follow the steps below to edit your Instagram post.]
- Once have access to Developer Mode, choose a post that you want to edit.
- Click on the three dots present at the top right corner
- Next, click on the edit option
- Edit the Post however you want using hashtags, captions, or tags.
- When you are satisfied with the editing, click on the Blue Check Mark to update the Post.
How To Delete Instagram Post Using PC or Mac
Follow the steps below to easily delete an Instagram post using your PC or Mac.
- Log in to your Instagram account using a browser that suits you the best.
- Next, click on the Post that you wish to delete.
- After that, go to the developer mode of your browser using the steps mentioned above.
- Next, click on the three dots present at the top right corner.
- After that, click on Delete.
- Once you confirm to delete the Post, it will be done in a few seconds.
These are some of the different methods by which you can upload or delete a post. Also, you can edit a post or a story using GetInsta.
Feature Image Credits: Business – Insider