Now that your days of being single are over, you can take down your profile from multiple dating platforms before your partner sees them. Starting with the platform (Match.com) where you had the most fun, scroll down to know how you can delete match account quickly.
Using dating apps to find a partner or just a friend is not a sin but keeping an account after getting into a relationship counts as one in my dictionary. Once you have found your ideal partner, you must delete your account from multiple platforms such as Tinder and Bumble and focus on your love life.
Even if you haven’t met your partner yet and you are not feeling the need to be on a dating platform, it is entirely okay to delete the account and take a break. However, deleting your account can get tricky, especially when you want to delete a match account. The platform will ask you too many questions, and you will get confused and leave without doing what you wanted.
Worry not, my friend. I am not here to give you a lecture. I am here to help you with your problem and take you through deleting a match account in quick and easy steps.
Delete Match Account Using this Quick Guide
Read along the list to find the different ways to delete match account. By the way, if you deleted your account by mistake or your crazy ex was behind that, I have a little surprise waiting for you at the end.
#1 How to Delete Match Account Permanently?
It gets tough to delete a dating account most of the time, so we suggest that you follow the steps discussed below on a PC or a laptop.
- Launch any browser on your system and type Match.com in the address bar, then hit enter.
- After successfully logging in to your account using your valid credentials, move the cursor over your avatar
- Select your avatar on the top-right corner of the screen and then go to My Account Settings.
- Once you are on the settings page, scroll down to the bottom and select the link that says To delete your account, click here.
- Once you choose this option, you will get redirected to either delete your account or suspend your account.
- If you decide to suspend your account, it will remove your account temporarily from the dating site for some time.
- If you continue to delete your account, your profile will be removed from the dating site permanently.
#2 How to Delete Match Account for a Deceased Person?
Keeping the profile of a deceased person on a dating platform can never be justified. If you are their close friend or family member, please follow the steps below to make sure that you do right by them and help in deleting their match account permanently.
- If you have their login credentials, you can follow the steps discussed above to delete their dating account.
- If you cannot log in to their account, you can notify the company about the person’s death over an email.
- You can also take help from the customer support cell and let them know about the deceased person and request them to delete the account.
- You will be required to submit proof of the person’s death and your identity in both cases.
- As proof, you can offer their death certificate and your driver’s license or any other identity proof.
#3 How to Reactivate Match Account Easily?
If you accidentally deleted your match account and are now looking for a way to reactivate it, follow the simple steps below.
- Open your browser and go to match.com.
- Find Sign in option present at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Sign in and then enter your credentials.
- Now, if your subscription period is still not over, you can easily find the Reactivate button on the screen.
- Select the button and log in to your dating account easily.
- If your subscription period has expired, you will not see a Reactivate button on your screen.
- You will know that you can enter through a free member mode, i.e., you will have to register yourself again.
- Register yourself using the valid information and then select a subscription package to enjoy the services of match.com once again.
These are the simple steps that you have to follow to delete the match account quickly. If you still face any issues while deleting the account, you can contact their customer support staff and get your queries resolved.