If you are using iPhone for the first time after using Android for years, you must be thinking how do I delete photos from iPhone. Why does everything look so complicated here, and where is the back button. (if you are using series X or later)
I know using an iPhone can be intimidating for the very first time, but once you get the hang of using it, things will be pretty easy for you. After that, you will quickly know how to install the best time-saving widgets on iPhone, and transferring contacts to iPhone won’t even seem like a big task.
Breakups can be bad, but you know what else is terrible, not knowing how to backup your iPhone to an external source or how to delete photos from iPhone? When you own an iPhone, these things become very important in your routine. To help you understand how to delete photos from iPhone, we have curated an easy-to-understand guide that will help you learn the trick quickly.
So, without waiting any further, let’s jump straight into the article and learn more about the different methods you use to delete pictures from iPhone.
Best Guide on How to Delete Photos from iPhone
Before you start to delete the pictures, remember that all the photos will also be deleted from your iCloud storage. You can disable the iCloud picture feature and then delete images, but after you enable the feature again, the photos will still vanish.
Method 1: How to Delete Photos from iPhone?
If you are wondering how to delete photos from your iPhone quickly, we have got your back. Follow through the easy steps below to understand how you can delete all the pictures from your gallery and free up your device’s memory.
- Launch the Photos app on your device and open the folder from which you want to delete the pictures.
- Find the select button present at the top-right corner on your screen.
- Press the Select button and then tap on the pictures that you want to delete.
- You can also slide your finger towards the row or a column of pictures you want to delete.
- The above step will make the process easier.
- Once you have marked all the pictures, select the trash icon to delete the images.
- Confirm your action at the next step by tapping on Delete 20 photos. (assuming 20 is the no. of pictures you have marked)
- Once your pictures get deleted, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on Recently Deleted photos.
- Tap Select and then select delete all from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- This action will delete all the pictures from your device permanently.
[Note: You can use the same steps to delete pictures from your iPad as well]
Method 2: How to Delete Photos from iPhone for a Specific Attribute
There are times when you want to delete some specific pictures from your phone. It can be an ex-partner or anyone that you don’t need in your camera roll. What do you do? You open your gallery and start scrolling through thousands of pictures looking for that one specific face and then mark the pictures to delete.
What if I tell you there is a way by which you can delete those pictures without having to go through the entire gallery. Let’s go through the steps you have to follow while removing photos of a particular person from your camera roll. Open the Photos app on your phone and go to the search bar.
- Tap on the search bar.
- Once you tap, you will find icons or headshots of most common people in your gallery.
- Select that one face you want to delete and then tap on See All.
- On the next screen, you will find all the pictures with that person on them.
- Swipe through the columns and mark the images that you wish to delete.
- Select the trash icon and then confirm your action to delete all the pictures.
Method 3: Using Mac to Delete Photos from iPhone
If your iPhone is not working correctly and you still want to delete some pictures to free up some memory, what do you do? In this case, you can use your Mac to delete the images. If your Mac and iPhone are synced to your iCloud photo library, then the changes you make on your Mac will reflect on your device and vice-versa.
- Open your Mac and the Photos app on your system.
- Go to the Library tab and select any photo you wish to delete.
- If you want to delete all the pictures, then press ⌘A.
- Enter backspace from your keyboard and then enter Return to confirm your action.
- Once you perform the above steps, all the images in your gallery will be moved to the recently deleted folder.
- If you wish to delete them permanently, go to the Recently Deleted tab, press ⌘A to select all the images, and delete them.
These are the different methods that you can try while you wish to delete photos from your iPhone. All these methods are tried and tested, so there is a guarantee that they will do the work for you quickly and in a very efficient manner.