Delhi is voting today for the Delhi assembly election as over 1.47 crore voters face the choice of re-electing the Arvind Kejriwal-led (AAP) means Aam Aadmi Party government or replacing it with the BJP or the Congress. The Delhi election marks the end of a bitter face-off that saw exceptionally coarse language and communally-charged attacks.
On monday a poll released by Times Now said, ”The AAP is poised to sweep the Delhi assembly elections winning between 54 and 60 seats in the 70-member house and BJP is projected to get 10 to 14 seats and Congress at best two”.
Very Tight security arrangements are in place across the national capital with extra vigil in south-east Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh, where a protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act is going on for nearly 2months, and other sensitive areas. As of noon, the voter turnout was recorded at 15.6 per cent. But Now Votes will be counted on Tuesday.
Even Celebrities are casting vote in Delhi Assembly elections:-
- Sidharth Malhotra who just recently started shooting for his upcoming film ‘Shershaah’ took a quick break from his schedule to cast his vote in Delhi.
- Taapsee Pannu flew to Delhi to cast her vote in Delhi Assembly elections. She was joined by her sister and parents.
- Meanwhile, Huma Qureshi wrote, “Me and Mom went to vote today !! Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who taught me the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, who shaped me into who I am.. If only I can be half the woman she is.. Amina Saleem Qureshi. Delhi get inked, Vote for a country that honours your mothers and fathers & paves the way for a better generation.”
- Gautam Gambir and his family displayed inked fingers aftyer voting.
- Priyanka Gandhi’s message to delhi voters not turning up at poll booths.
- Riteish, Richa, Kritika & Other Celebs Urge Delhites To Vote.