Instagram has a global networking platform. We can communicate with peers using new features that are now available for all Instagram users. The best feature up until now, is of Instagram Reels.
If you know how to make Reels, you can become a star overnight, for which paying attention to small details is quite essential. You must know how to download Instagram Reels and save them for future reference.
There is hell a lot of apps that can teach you the same, but the easiest way to download the Instagram Reels is through the same application. If you are technology savvy, downloading Instagram reels will not be a task for you.
Through this article, you will understand the various steps to download Instagram Reels as per your won device.
How can we download Instagram Reels?
The following steps are for downloading/saving Reels video within the Instagram itself
- Open your Instagram app > then tap on search bar > open Reel you want to save/download.
- You can also visit the user’s profile whose video you want to download > tap on the new Reel Tab (which lies next to IGTV Tab > tap on the Reel video you like to save (open it).
- After the video will open, three dots will be shown – tap the three-dots icon > tap and save
- Now you have to do is to go back to your Instagram’s home screen > tap at your profile icon > then tap hamburger icon > tap settings > go to the Account option > then go to Saved files.
- Now there you will find your saved/downloaded Reels videos within the All Posts folder.
Steps to download Instagram Reels on our Android Device
There’s also one other method to save reels video for those who have an android phone. And if you want to save or download the reels video in your android device then you must know this method as well.
- Go to Google Play Store and then you have to download Video Downloader for Instagram – Repost Instagram
- Wait till the app gets installed. After downloading gets completed open the app and set it up.
- After setting up the app, go to Instagram > select the Reels video you want to download and then open it.
- Then tap the three dots icon on the reels video > click on the Copy Link option.
- Now what you have to do is go to the Video Downloader Instagram app > paste the link which has copied for the Reels video you want to download.
- After doing this just go to your phone’s gallery you will find the required video there.
- You can now share the required video even via third-party apps or edit it yourself.
Steps to download Instagram Reels on our iOS Device
Here are some steps which iPhone users must use if they want to download any Reels video.
- Firstly, you have to go to the App Store and download InSaver for Instagram
- After the app gets installed set it up. Go to Instagram and tap on the Reels Video you want to download now open it.
- Hit the three-dot icon and click on Copy Link.
- Open InSaver for the Instagram app then the link you copied from Instagram will automatically be pasted.
- Now click at the option Watch it > tap options > tap on Share > tap Save Video to save the Reels Video to the Photos app.
Steps to download Instagram Reels through Screen saver Mode
So, as we know there are some restrictions on iPhone and we can’t download them directly, therefore another method to download Instagram Reels is using screen recording. This method can be used by you if you don’t want to use third-party apps.
- Make sure to add screen recording to iPhone to the Control Centre. Now go to Settings > Control Centre > Customer Controls. Then add screen recording.
- Now go to Instagram > open Reel Video you want to download.
- For recording, you just have to swipe upward from the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Centre. Now tap on the Start Recording.
- Go to Instagram, start playing a video. When the video is finished stop the screen recorder by tapping the red-colored bar at the top of the screen > Stop. Hence, Reels Video will be saved to the Photos App
- If you are an android user then you can use the built-in screen recorder or if your phone does not have then you can install any third-party app for screen recording.
- Install any from Google Play Store and then open it and set it up.
- Now for downloading the Reels Video- Go to Instagram > play the video you want to download > Tap the floating screen recorder icon the tap on the camera button to start screen recording.
- After completion of the Video stop the screen recording. And you will automatically find the particular video in your device’s gallery.
The above-discussed methods are considered to be the best methods to download Instagram Reels Videos on our devices which are either Android or iPhone. If you know of any other method of downloading the Reels Instagram Videos do let us know in the comment section below.