Hackers have become a nuisance for several companies regardless of domain or nationality. These hackers create a lot of disruptive issues that lead to the loss of wealth, data and man-hours.
Ethical Hacking or Ethical Hacker
To detect potential data breaches and threats in a network, Ethical Hacking is an authorized system security bypass practice. Ethical hackers try to analyze the device or network for weak points that can be exploited or damaged by malicious hackers.
They collect and analyze the data to find ways that can enhance system/network/application protection. They can strengthen the safety footprint by doing so it can better withstand or divert attacks. Ethical hackers must have proper hacking training.
Responsibilities of Ethical Hackers
In order to perform hacking legally, ethical hackers must follow specific guidelines. A good hacker understands their duty and complies with all of the ethical rules. Here are the most important ethical hacking guidelines.
- An ethical hacker must obtain permission from the company that owns the system.
- Before conducting any security evaluation on the device or network, hackers should obtain complete approval from the company.
- Determine the nature of its evaluation and make the company aware of its strategy.
- Report any cyber-attacks detected in the system or network and any vulnerabilities.
- After checking the system for any vulnerability, delete all traces of the hack. It prevents malicious hackers from entering the scheme through the loopholes found.
- Keep their discoveries private. Ethical hackers should agree to and honor their non-disclosure agreement, as they intend to protect the system or network.
7 Ethical hacking Courses
We have listed some hacking courses below:
1) Certified Ethical Hacking Certification (CEH)
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is a training programme for the information security professional. Often referred to as a white-hat hacker, with the permission of its owner, routinely attempts to inspect network infrastructure to identify security vulnerabilities that could potentially be exploited by a malicious hacker.
2) GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
This ethical hacking training course provides certification of the GIAC Penetration Tester validates the ability of a practitioner to perform a penetration test correctly, using methods and methodologies of best practice. Holders of GPEN certification have the expertise to perform exploits and participate in explicit recognition by using a process-oriented approach for penetration testing.
3) Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) is a certification program based on offensive information security abilities that are hands-on. It consists of two parts: a pen testing exam lasting almost 24 hours, and a documentation report due 24 hours after it. OSCP is a very hands-on exam.
In several nations, the CREST qualification tests and courses are generally recognized. The UK, Europe, Asia, and Australia are among these countries. This test helps to certify quality pen testers as well as to train them. CREST is a non-profit organization that supports the requirements of a marketplace for technological information security that includes serving a controlled and organized services industry.
6) Foundstone Ultimate Hacking
The next best certification is Foundstone Supreme Hacking. Foundstone Ultimate Hacking is the realistic course of penetration available. Besides, Foundstone offers a range of training solutions, including forensic and incident responses, as well as writing tests and learning how to hack the Internet of Things, also known as IoT, firmware, RFID, and Bluetooth.
7) Certified Penetration Testing Consultant (CPTC)
CPTC is the hacking training course for you if you are looking to be a specialist who is supposed to be responsible for securing computers. This course teaches you advanced skills, including physical and user protection, in-depth penetration testing, and auditing security controls.
6) Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE)
If you are looking for a vendor-neutral certification, then the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) is a certification program for you. CPTE is conducted by Mile2 for engineers wanting to improve their practical experience with penetration testing methodologies used by industry professionals.
Ethical hacking is a necessary security skill that can help you prevent computer security mishaps, data leaks or information loss due that malicious hackers cause. The 7 best hacking training programs can help you become a wise ethical hacker.