Are you one of those who is always searching for iMessage not working on Mac solutions but never gets the correct answers to their query? Don’t worry, my dear reader. With this article, you can resolve your iMessage error efficiently and get back to texting your messages without paying for any service charge.
Apple, the manufacturer of the popular iPhone, rarely provides a service for free, but when it does, it makes sure to mess with the audience in every possible way. With Apple’s free message carrier iMessage, you can send anyone texts and attachments for free, but you will find the app most likely stops working on Mac devices.
Most of the time, you will find issues such as messages coming in notifications but not displaying on the carrier, or pictures are not loading, and significant issues such as the messaging app stops working on the device suddenly. To help you, we have curated a list of solutions that will help you resolve iMessage not working on Mac errors.
Without making you wait anymore, let’s jump straight into the article and find out the different ways by which you can solve your issues quickly and get back to the world of texting.
Guide to Solve iMessage Not Working on Mac Error
Make sure that you don’t skip any of the methods below that we will discuss for the iMessage error that you have been facing on your Mac.
Method 1: Resolve iMessage not Working on Mac Error by Reboot
Mostly when we find ourselves stuck on an app or at a website page, we quickly reboot our Mac to solve the issue. You can try doing the same if your iMessage is not working corresponding properly on your Mac system.
- Go to the menu bar on your laptop and tap on the Apple logo.
- Tap on Restart.
- Make sure that you have closed all the apps before you select Restart
- If there are any apps left to clove, follow the prompt to close them.
- After performing the steps above, you have to wait for the reboot process to complete.
- When done, you will be asked to log back on the screen.
Method 2: Clear Message Cache to resolve iMessage not Working on Mac
Another reason behind iMessage not working on Mac can be your chat history. Maybe you have stored plenty of messages, that is why it is not working correctly. Follow the steps below to clear your message’s cache and see if that will make any changes to the working of iMessage.
- Select Finder on your Mac and tap to open it.
- Press the Command, Shift, and G keys from your keyboard at the same time.
- Once you perform the steps above, you will see a dialog box appear on the screen.
- Type or paste ~/Library/Messages/ in the dialog box.
- Delete all the messages from the folders chat.db, chat.db-shm, and chat.db-wal.
- Go back to the home screen and empty the trash folder to delete all the messages from your iMessage cache permanently.
Method 3: Re-login to Resolve iMessage not Working on Mac Error
If you have tried all the above steps and nothing is working, you can try logging out and logging back to your iMessage account. Follow the simple steps below to know how you can log out of your iMessage from your Mac device.
- Go to iMessage on your Mac and open it.
- Open the Menu bar to select Messages from the menu.
- Go to the drop-down menu and then select Preferences.
- On the next screen, select iMessage present at the top of your window.
- From the next screen prompt, select Sign Out.
- Once you have logged out successfully, tap on Sign in to get back to your iMessage account.
Method 4: Re-enable to Solve iMessage not Working on Mac Error
Follow the steps below to re-enable iMessage on your Mac and see if this method will resolve your problem or not.
- Go to iMessage on your Mac and tap to open it.
- Hover to the Menu bar and tap on Messages.
- Go to the Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, go to iMessage present at the top of the screen.
- Turn off the box that has “enable this account” written next to it under your Apple ID.
- Wait for a minute and then turn the toggle on.
- Close the iMessage app and then restart your Mac.
Method 5: Take a Look at the Time – Zone Settings
If you have incoming and outgoing messages, it is evident that your Mac device will check the time zone of the messages received and sent. If you have set the wrong time zone by mistake, there are chances that your device will push the messages to the back, and that is why you are not able to see it.
- Go to the menu bar on your system and tap on the Apple logo present at the top left corner.
- Go to Date & Time and tap on the lock icon, which you will find at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter your password and then move to the Date & Time heading.
- Once you are on the screen, look for the toggle right next to the options set date and time automatically.
- Make sure that the toggle is turned on.
- The last step is to tap on the lock again, and you are done.
- To make sure that the settings are updated, look at the date and time on your Mac before you close the window.
Method 6: Verify Keychain Access to Resolve iMessage not Working on Mac Error
You may or may not know that the Messages app also uses Keychain access to authorize iMessage. There isn’t much that you can change or update here but trust me, only looking at it will also be helpful for you.
- Launch and open the Keychain Access on your Mac.
- Navigate the search box on the top-right corner and type iMessage in the box.
- On the next screen, you will see all the encryption and signing key details to your iMessage.
- If you don’t see anything on the screen, then you should be worried about your iMessage.
These are the steps you need to follow while trying to resolve the iMessage not working on Mac error. Once you go through these methods, you will find how easy it is to get your iMessage to work on your Mac system.