A complete moon party in Thailand happens once a month on Haad Rin Beach, on the island of Koh Pha Ngan, 12 times a year where people from all around the world gather to have the best time of their lives. There is music; there is dance; there are drinks what else do we want?
Apart from the beautiful moon in the sky, the lasers, the neon lights, and the fire shows make the night more stunning. There are countless bars across the shore, giving you continued access to the magic potions. You can also buy the Thailand Famous bucket for just 200 – 250 bahts.
This bucket contains a red bull, a juice of your choice, and your preferred liquor like Vodka, Scotch & Red Wine, Gin, Whisky, or whatever you are into.
This article will guide the people who are willing to go to the Full moon party in Thailand for the first time. So by the end of the article, you will have all the necessary information about the party like – What is a complete moon party, how to get there, where to stay and some do’s and don’ts.
What’s the use of getting drunk if you can not dance to your favorite music? So there are so many dance floors and stages for the same. You can also either watch or participate in fire events like fire limbo, fire jump rope, fire loop jump, etc. The fun is not just limited to the night. The day also offers you beautiful things – drive jet skies. Go swimming, interact with locals or just read a book or play best drinking games and relax.
How to plan for the whole moon party in Thailand?
While planning for the whole moon party, keep the following things in mind:
1# How to reach the full moon party?
We have tried to make things easy for you by listing out the various routes you can choose. So once you enter Thailand, you can go the following ways.
1. Bangkok – Surat Thani – Koh Samui – Koh Phangan
2. Bangkok – Koh Samui – Koh Phangan
Bangkok – Surat Thani
|Price (Average)||650 baht||900 baht||600 baht|
Apart from this, you can also avail the services of sleeping trains and sleeping buses. But we would recommend you to go by flight as it is cheap and the fastest.
Surat Thani – Koh Samui
|Price (avg.)||500 baht|
You will have to go by ferry as due to the considerable distance the option of the motorboat is not there.
Bangkok – Koh Samui
|Price (Average)||4,500 baht|
Since this option is costly, try to consider traveling by the other 3 routes.
Koh Samui – Koh Phangan
|Price (Average)||650 baht|
You will quickly get a speedboat once every hour. However, since hundreds of people are struggling to get into it, try opting for the VIP option.
2# Where to stay during the whole moon party
If you are planning to party just for a few hours and then would prefer to get a night’s sleep, then you should find a place as far as you can from the Haad Rin beach because if you don’t the music will be loud, people will be walking in and out of your hostel at all the times of the night, and in some cases, you may hear some cozy couples moaning and groaning.
All the tourists and the natives are crazy about the whole moon party, and it becomes tough to find accommodation at the Koh Phangan during the event, and if you somehow manage to do that, there will be a hole in your pocket. So, we suggest you stay at a slightly distant place like Koh Samui. You can land up at Koh Phangan from Koh Samui at any time you want with the help of a ferry boat, as it will take barely 20 minutes to reach there.
Also, plenty of cheaper and reasonable accommodations are available at Koh Samui as compared to Koh Phangan. However, if you wish to party for a longer time, we suggest you book a place near the beach.
3# Do’s and Don’ts
- Try to leave most of your belongings in the room where you are staying as there is a big chance of them being stolen
- Drink within your limits as you would not like to pass on the beach itself.
- There is a high chance that you will be offered drugs there but strictly decline the offer as Thailand has strict penalties for drug consumption.
- To avoid an injury on your foot due to the broken beer bottles, wear proper shoes.
- Since you will be drunk, do not try dangerous things like a jump rope.
- Drink water at regular intervals.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended; somebody might slip something in there, and you pass out, and they might end up robbing you of everything you have or even worse.
- If you are highly drunk, avoid swimming because if the tides are high, you’re probably going to be going.
- Beware of the locals pestering you for an entrance fee; there is nothing as such.
So, keep all these points in mind and plan a crazy and fun trip to the entire moon party in Thailand with your friends. Pack light, party hard.