Headphones can cause hearing loss:- As we are observing that the craze of listening to music has increased in youngsters now days, They enjoy listening to music for long hours but have you ever wondered !
How much is too much when it comes to listening to music with headphones?
There are lots of factors that play a role in how long you are listening to it , the intensity of the audio (type of music, spoken word, movies) and external noise – which force you to increase the volume these all can lead you to hearing loss and if you are the parent of a teenager, you likely have concerns about the link between hearing devise and hearing loss.
Fact:- At present 1 in 5 teens will experience some form of hearing loss which is 30% higher than it was 20 years ago. Many experts believe this increase is due, in part, to increased use of headphones.
Safety measures you should take against headphones can cause hearing loss :-
- You should not increase 60% of maximum volume when listening through headphones.
- You should only use your music devices at levels up to 60% of maximum volume for a total of 120 minutes a day. Remember louder the volume shorter the time period.
- Use headphones which cover your complete ears instead of earphones that directly pin in your years.
- Avoiding excessive use of your hearing device will help a long way in preventing hair loss.
What are the 3 things people should look for when looking to purchase new headphones to take safety measures against headphones can cause hearing loss?
- Comfort – a good comfortable fit earphones will reduces the need for excessive volume as it have good padding on ear buds which prevent sound leakage.
- Audio quality – The better the audio quality the more you’ll enjoy them. You also you won’t need to turn the volume up just to hear the details of song.
- Intended use – Make sure that your choice of headphone matches the intended use because headphones can cause hearing loss – whether you are using them on a daily basis, at home, or in a noisy place.
Now you might be thinking which headphones is good for hearing? Dont we are here to help you out .
Generally Over-ear headphones come in two types: open and closed.
- Open headphones:- these disallow the volume from being too loud by using perforated ear cups which allow some sound to escape. But this in turn means that the user will tend to turn up the volume in very noisy environments.
- Closed headphones:-have good external sound isolation, which means you will be able to control the volume level a lot better because the background noise is automatically less harsh.
- In-Ear headphones have very good external sound isolation. When used at reasonable volume levels they are a very safe choice.
Best over-ear headphones for hearing:-
1: Philips SHP1900/10 Over-Ear Stereo Headphones (Black)
COMPATIBLE :- ANDROID AND IOS / TYPE :-WIRED / WARRANTY :- 6 MONTHS / RATING:- 4.0 stars/ PRICE:- 545
- These are So lightweight that you hardly feel them on your ears
- Full sized earshells which block the external noise, the diameter of the speaker is about 40 mm having a Cable length of 2 m, cable is made of copper elements with connecter of 3.5 mm.
- 98dB sensitivity with 32ohm impedance
- It have 20-20,000Hz frequency range
- It requires 500mW maximum power input.
2: Motorola Pulse 3 Max Wired Headphones (Black)
COMPATIBLE :- ANDROID AND IOS / TYPE :-WIRED / WARRANTY :- 1 year / RATING:- 4.0 stars/ PRICE:- 1,035
- Comes with finely engineered 40mm driver
- This device is Ultra light weight with rotating ear cups which provide user a proper comfort.
- Built with Inline microphone which will help you in gaming while communicating to your teammates.
- This have high quality Noise isolation.
- Most exciting feature is that it comes with one touch alexa access now you can listen to any music according to your mood
3: Audio-Technica ATH-AX1iSBK Over-Ear Headphones
COMPATIBLE :- ANDROID AND IOS / TYPE :-WIRED / WARRANTY :- 1 year / RATING:- 4.0 stars/ PRICE:- 1,899
- Comes with Universal inline mic which helps you in volume & track control for smartphones and other listening devices including android phones, iphone, ipad and ipod
- These have well designed generously cushioned ear pads provide comfort for extended wear
- Its engineered with 36 Mm drivers which produce optimal sound
- The Ear cups of the headset fold flat for easy storage and improve durability.
4: Motorola Pulse Escape Wireless Over-Ear Headphones – Black
COMPATIBLE :- ANDROID AND IOS / TYPE :-WIRELESS / WARRANTY :- 1 year / RATING:- 4.0 stars/ PRICE:- 2,099
- This device is supported with Bluetooth 4.1 technology.
- These also have Noise isolation which blocks out unwanted background noise.
- Engineered with Powerful, oversized 40mm drivers provide superb bass-driven sound,make you feel every detail of sound.
- These motorola pulse have very long lasting battery life which can last Up to 10 hours.
- Design with Built-in microphone for hands-free calling.
5: Leaf Bass Wireless Headphones with Mic and 10 Hour Battery Life
COMPATIBLE :- ANDROID AND IOS / TYPE :-WIRELESS / WARRANTY :- 1 year / RATING:- 3.5 stars/ PRICE:- 999
- Leaf Bass Wireless Bluetooth Headphones have a Hi-fi Mic and gives an incredible 10 Hours of battery stand-by.
- Leaf Bass supports Bluetooth v4.1 which ensures perfect stereo sound quality. It has a signal range of 10 m
- Leaf Bass has an inline remote control with a built in microphone which eliminates the effort of taking out your phone to talk or change music.
- These are Super comfortable and comes with Sweat Protection which is very gym friendly.
- Leaf Bass can be connected with Bluetooth or an aux cable.