Snapchat is every social media addict’s best friend. You whip out your phone, point your camera, snap and share. You can send images or videos to your friends, or upload them as a story for everyone to see. But what if you wanted to share something you took directly from your camera? That is why today, we will show you how to add camera roll to Snapchat story. So make sure you stick with us till the end.
Sharing photos on your Snapchat story is the best way to keep your friends in the loop. You can send GMS or GNS snaps with your friends or anything else you like. You can even make private stories on Snapchat and share curated stories with them. If you are in someone else’s private story you can leave that too. Thanks to this flexibility, everyone loves Snapchat.
But how to add camera roll to Snapchat story? It’s very easy. On your Snapchat home screen, tap on the memories option and then navigate to camera roll. There you can scroll up and down and see all the photos and videos you have taken. Select the one you want and tap on the blue arrow. The photo/video from the camera roll will be shared with your story automatically.
If you’re a Snapchat creator and have a great camera on your phone, you might want to choose this option of sharing. This helps you put stories on your profile that are edited with special care taken to keep your appearance on social media sharp. Also, this and most other features on Snapchat are available to everyone. Not just Snapchat+ subscribers.
Table of Contents
How To Add Camera Roll To Snapchat Story? A Step-By-Step Guide!
The next time you go ahead to add a memory to the camera roll, know that sharing memories to your Snapchat story will show your friends it’s been shared from memories. Unlike pictures and videos you take directly from your Snapchat camera, memories do come with a tag. So don’t bother about fooling anyone that you’re at a party at 3 am when you’re actually laying in bed.
If you’re worried about privacy, then know that your story is only visible to your friends. That is unless you choose to show it as public. Then your story can be viewed on Snap Maps as a public snap. We do recommend not sharing something personal unless you know the consequences.
How To Add Camera Roll To Snapchat Story From Your Apple Device
Adding your camera roll to your Snapchat story is fairly the same on Apple devices as well as android. There are some minor differences though. That is why it is better to approach the two operating systems individually in order to avoid confusion. Arguably, Apple and iPhones have better picture quality than most Android out there. Though there are notable exceptions.
That is why you might prefer taking tons of selfies and other pictures. If none of them are through the native Snapchat camera, sharing them isn’t that difficult either. All you need is a Snapchat account and an internet connection, and you’re good to go. Assuming you have both, check out the rest of the steps mentioned below!
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone. The main home screen with a camera, shutter and other options will open.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on this Snapchat homepage to access your memories.
- From the memories tab, navigate to the ‘Camera Roll’ option. All the pictures and videos that you have taken from your phone. Select the one which you want.
- Apply filters, add stickers, and even text on top of the image.
- Once you’re satisfied with the final result, tap on the blue arrow and there select ‘My Story.
That’s it! Your photo/video from your camera roll has been added to your story. You can now access your camera roll story from your Snapchat memories as well as your camera roll. If you are wondering how many people have seen it, you will be able to see that with the eye mark next to your story.
How To Add Camera Roll To Snapchat Story From Your Android Device
Adding camera roll to your Snapchat story from your android device is the same. Besides the fact that it takes a little less mucking around compared to an iPhone device. As long as you have an updated Snapchat app, you should be able to share your memory on your Snapchat story with ease. To do that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android device. The main home screen will open.
- Locate the gallery tab or icon on the home screen, which will be right next to the shutter button.
- Tapping on the gallery tab opens a new window that will have Memories written on it.
- From there, select the Camera Roll tab, and there you will see the list of pictures and videos taken from your camera.
- Select a picture or video that you want to share on your story and click on next.
- Here add a filter, add stickers, or add whatever you like to make your image pop.
- Tap on the blue arrow next and tap on ‘My Story’ next. (here, you can also send your camera roll image individually to your friends too)
That’s it! This is how you can simply share your images or videos from your camera roll to your Snapchat story. Checking out who viewed your camera roll image or video is simple too. All you need to do is check your story stats like normal. If anyone has taken a screenshot, you will be able to see that there as well.
So, there you have it, folks! Now you know how to add camera roll to Snapchat story! If there is anything else you need help with, drop a comment down below! We will try our best to help you out!
How do I link my camera roll to Snapchat?
When posting to Snapchat, you can post from your camera roll to Snapchat directly from your gallery. Choose the Memories option and then send to ‘My Story.’
Can I add from the camera roll to the private story?
Yes, you can add pictures or videos directly to your private story.
Can I add from my camera roll to Snap Map?
Yes, if you have a public account then you share your snaps publicly which will appear on Snap Maps.