For better or for worse, TikTok is here to stay. With every passing day, it keeps on growing its influence over people. Have you ever posted a TikTok yourself and then, after posting it, realized you forgot to add hashtags? I don’t know about you, but I sure have. That is why today, we’re going to figure out how to add hashtags on TikTok after posting.
TikTok is not just for doing weird trends. If used right, there is some informational gold on the app too. I’m not going to lie. There are times I just want to binge on mind-numbing dance videos with myself. But we’re here to figure out solutions, not discuss my personal struggles.
TikTok can be difficult to use, especially for someone who has never used the app before. Considering the reach, TikTok has now, it’s natural everyone wants a piece of the pie. This leads to many newbies trying to figure out all the moving parts of the video-sharing app. How do we add photos to TikTok videos, or how to fix no internet connection on TikTok? The list goes on and on. So while we have already covered some issues before, let’s tackle another one!
How To Add Hashtags On TikTok After Posting | Solutions To Add Hashtags On A Tiktok Video
Humans are bound to make mistakes. It’s possible that sometimes you write a long heartfelt caption, post the video on TikTok and realize you forgot to add hashtags. You will know how important hashtags are if you’ve been on social media for any part of the last decade. Like adding music to Instagram stories, hashtags also play a big role. While they may spoil all the aesthetics of a perfectly looking caption, hashtags are responsible for two of the most important things. Reach and Visibility. But can you not just edit and add hashtags later on to the post? No harm, no foul, right? Well, not really.
TikTok doesn’t allow editing videos or captions once they have been posted. Unlike Instagram or Facebook, where there is an option to edit, TikTok doesn’t. Once it’s been posted, it’s out there. You cannot edit any part of the video. You might say one can just add the forgotten hashtags to the video’s comments. That is possible, but hashtags in comments are not the perfect solution. They may not give the same kind of reach hashtags in video captions do.
The Only Way To Add Hashtags On Tiktok After Posting
If you want to know how to add hashtags on TikTok after posting, you must delete the video and reupload it with hashtags. The process is a little tedious, but if you want your post lands on the ‘for you page’ of TikTok, hashtags are your only hope. Deleting a TikTok video will not harm your reach if you catch it quickly enough. Go through the following procedure to be able to add hashtags to your TikTok video. The method will not harm any of your edits, effects, or added text, so you don’t have to worry about that.
- On your iPhone or your Android phone, open the TikTok app.
- Tap on the Profile option that is at the bottom of your screen.
- On your profile, select the video that you want to reupload.
- Click on the three dots on the top right of your video. Another window with options will open.
- In the options menu, scroll to see the ‘Save Video’ option and tap on it. The video will now be downloaded to your device automatically.
Congratulations, your video is now downloaded. All that is left now is to reupload it with new hashtags, and it should be good to go. To re-upload a video to TikTok, follow the given steps below.
- Open the TikTok app on your iPhone or Android device back again.
- Tap on the “+” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- The camera options of TikTok will open. On the right of the shutter button, you will see the option that says “Upload.” Tap on it.
- Your gallery with photos and videos will open. Find your previously downloaded video and select it and then tap Next.
- You will be taken to two new screens where you can add text and effects, respectively. Since you must have already done that, tap on Next twice. Otherwise, add the effects and then tap on Next when you are done.
- In the new window, you will be able to add new text and add a caption. Add your new hashtags here.
- Double-check your text and hashtags, and then click Post.
Congratulations, you have learned how to add hashtags on TikTok after posting. Your new video will now appear on your timeline. If both of your previous videos show up in your feed, that’s okay, as there can be a sync error. Refresh your app to reload your feed again. While this gives you back your hashtags, there is one downside to following this procedure. You will lose all your previous comments or likes on your TikTok video. But if you caught your mistake early on, not much will be lost.
As a best practice, you can choose to post every new video on TikTok first as a draft. Then check if everything is in order, then make the video go live. This saves a lot of hassle and saves you the headache too. If you are a content creator, batch a few videos and upload them to drafts. Then add your preferred hashtags, and then you can post your TikToks as you please.
We hope our step-by-step guide on how to add hashtags on TikTok after posting helps you out. We have been at the end of this struggle many times, so this guide comes from a place of personal struggles. Let us know if this helped you or if you need any more guidance. Drop your queries in the comment section below, and we will try our best to solve your problem for you!