This particular article is going to be a little technical in its nature, but do not worry, we’ll simplify it as much as possible for your easy and better understanding. A proper sense of security is important in every aspect of our lives, and it is even more important when it comes to technology. In this fast-paced modern world where technology is something that we depend on, security happens to be paramount. So, today in this article we’ll tell you How To Add Instagram To Google Authenticator.
Now, to give you a clear perspective, Google Authenticator happens to be an amazing and extremely important application by Google. Of course, this augments your online security by providing two-step verification codes. Every time you want to sign in to an application, you’ll be required to put in a password and a code that will be generated by the app itself.
This procedure prevents possible violators from gaining access to any of your accounts. So, Instagram happens to be one of the several apps that lets you use the google authenticator to defend and protect your account along with all your personal data.
Well, now that you have an idea of what Google Authenticator is and what it does. Let’s get down to brass tacks and explain how you can add your Instagram to it.
How To Add Instagram To Google Authenticator? Here You Go!
We can move forward and get into the details as you have the basic idea of the purpose that Google Authenticator serves. It is mainly based on the two-factor authentication which is called the 2FA. It happens to be a supplementary security layer that verifies an individual’s identity.
You might be wondering, how it exactly works. Let us explain. First of all, the user needs to sign in by providing their username and password to gain access to a particular app or any social network. Rather than automatically gaining access, the user will be required to put in the “second factor”. Now, the factor showcases a distinctive amalgamation of letters, symbols, and numbers to secret questions. More modern options like voice recognition, fingerprint, or fingerprint patterns are also available.
The most interesting aspect about 2FA is that even if someone gets to know your password somehow, they won’t be able to gain complete access to your account without the second factor.
When it comes to 2FA, an individual will have to know both factors in order to get full access to an account.
Google Authenticator happens to be without a question an amazing and significant application that lets you set up the 2FA for not only Instagram but certainly for several other apps and programs. The interesting catch here is that it is free of cost and most importantly user-friendly, so if are not a tech-savvy person, you’ll still be able to use it.
How To Add Instagram To Google Authenticator If It’s An iOS Device?
The Google Authenticator is available on the App Store and can be downloaded for free. Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that, make sure you have complete access to your Instagram application.
Now, follow these steps carefully in order to add Instagram to Google Authenticator.
- Open your Instagram application and sign in to your account.
- Select your display picture in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the three lines at the top right corner.
- Then tap on Settings.
- After that select Security.
- Then tap on Two-Factor Authentication.
- Tap on Get Started. (In this particular step you’ll notice three options: Authentication App, WhatsApp, and Text Message. You’ll need to select Authentication App. Now, the moment you switch the toggle button, Instagram will immediately check whether you have the Google Authenticator application installed. If it’s not installed, then it’ll suggest that you install the app. Remember that Instagram will lead you to “Dua Mobile”. So, you’ll need to use the search option to find Google Authenticator.)
- After you’re done installing the app, go back to Instagram and follow the on-screen direction in order to set up the 2FA.
This is how Instagram is added to Google Authenticator on an iOS Device. It wasn’t that difficult after all, was it?
How To Add Instagram To Google Authenticator If It’s An Android Device?
The Google Authenticator is also available on Play Store and is completely free. Android users, especially can increase their Instagram account’s security by using the application. Just like in iOS, the same goes for android devices as well, you need to have full access to your Instagram account.
Follow these steps accordingly and you’ll be good to go.
- Open your Instagram application and log in to your account.
- Tap on your display picture at the bottom-right corner.
- Then tap on the three lines at the top right corner.
- You’ll notice the Settings option, tap on it.
- Select Settings.
- Then tap on Security.
- Select Two-factor Authentication.
- Now, tap on Get Started. (You’ll notice three options here as well, select the first one, that’ll say Authentication App, and switch the toggle button. After that Instagram will immediately check whether you have the Google Authenticator application installed on your android device. If it’s not installed, then it’ll recommend you Dua Mobile. Finally, tap on the search bar in the top right corner, then find and install the Google Authenticator.)
- As soon as you’re done installing the app, go back to Instagram and follow the on-screen direction in order to set up the 2FA.
That is all you need to do, in order to add Instagram to Google Authenticator on an Android device.
We sincerely hope that this article was useful enough to answer all your questions and clear your doubts. The above-mentioned steps are the ones that you need to follow if you want to add Instagram to Google Authenticator on your iOS or Android device. And do not forget to give us your feedback.