What do you do when you’re bored of your normal Instagram feed? I bet you go to the Explore page to explore newer and more fun stuff there. Right? But what to do when your explore page is equally boring too? It can be seriously damaging not to connect to new people and creators on social media, you know? And so, you will have to learn how to change Instagram Explore page and correct the situation.
Doing so is not very hard, and you will manage to get it done in a few simple ways. But, to know what those ways are, you will have to scroll through this post till the end.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Change Instagram Explore Page
If you’ve been seeing the same kind of posts or stuff that doesn’t interest you anymore on the Explore page, then change it to make it better.
- You can clear the search history of your Instagram account.
- You can choose the “Not Interested” option for the kind of posts you don’t want to see on Instagram anymore.
These methods will ensure that your Explore page becomes better than it is now. But, for that to happen, you will first need to learn how to reset the Instagram Explore page in more detail.
How To Change Instagram Explore Page By Clearing Search History?
Learning how to change your Instagram Explore page by clearing the search history of your account is actually quite simple. All you need to do is go to the explore page, tap in the search bar and clear the search history from there. Or, you can go to the Your Activity section of your account and clear it from there.
To understand how to change Instagram Explore page this way, follow these steps:
- Select the search icon at the bottom of the screen and go to the Explore Page of your account.
- Then, tap in the search bar at the screen’s top.
- To remove your previous searches, you can either tap the cross icon next to each search item, or you can tap on the “See All” located at the top right of the search list.
- Select the “Clear all” at the screen’s top right corner.
- The “Clear search history” pop-up will appear on the screen. Choose “Clear all” option in blue from it.
And, done. All your previous searches will be cleared. Alternatively, you can clear your search history using this method as well:
- Go to the profile section of your account.
- From there, tap on the hamburger icon located at the top right corner of your profile page.
- A menu will then show up on the page; from various options present in it, select the “Your Activity” option from it.
- Keep scrolling till you locate the “How you use Instagram” heading. Under it, you will find the “Recent searches” option. Tap on it.
- A list of all the searches you had made on Instagram previously will then appear on the screen. Select the “Clear all” option present at the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up titled “Clear search history?” will appear on the screen. Select the “Clear all” option in blue.
And, done! Your search history will be cleared, thereby resetting the Instagram algorithm. Instagram will take this as a sign that you aren’t interested in the things or people you searched for earlier. And so, posts as such will no longer appear on your Explore page.
How To Change Instagram Explore Page Using The “Not Interested” Option?
Another method of changing your Explore page is selecting the “Not Interested” option more often. You see, whenever you come across a post or a reel in your explore page that you will want to see less frequently, select the “Not Interested” option. Here’s how you can do this:
- Go to the Explore page by selecting the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on a kind of post you don’t want to see more of in your Explore page.
- Then, when the post opens, tap on the three-dot icon located at the top right corner of the post and a menu will show up on the screen. From the menu, you have to select the “Not Interested” option.
- If it’s a reel, tap on the three-dot icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen, and a menu will appear. From the menu, you have to select “Not Interested”.
And, that’s it. Instagram will note that you don’t want to see posts of that kind again. And so, it will not be showing you that again in your Explore Page.
Okay-dokey, people! This is how to change Instagram Explore page! Although Explore pages on Instagram are supposed to be really fun, sometimes they can get boring and start showing us posts we are not into. However, this will not be happening anymore. Above, I’ve shared two ways you will be able to make your Instagram Explore page fun again! So, follow these methods and get a feed to your liking!