Are you bored of the same purplish orangish Instagram icon? I’m sure you must be. And, even in case you aren’t, why would you give up the opportunity of trying other different kinds of Instagram icons when you very well know that they are available? It’s alright to change your aesthetics once in a while, you know? If the idea of having a different kind of icon appeals to you, then read this to know how to change Instagram icon on Android.
Now, we all know how strict Instagram can be when it comes down to changing the app’s algorithm or basic layout, even though it has made a few changes in the past. So, you must be wondering if you’re going to find an answer to how to change Instagram icon on android. Well, surprise surprise, this article is going to be all about. So, make sure to read this article till the end!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Change Instagram Icon On Android | Read This To Know 2 Fun & Easy Ways Of Doing So!
Oh, and even though I said that you can change your Instagram icon– the cliche circle, square and dot, it is not going to be as straightforward as you might like it to be. Yes, it’s true that Instagram did provide users with the option to change their Instagram icon. In fact, the social media app itself made available different kinds of icons that users could choose from. It was quite a trend. But, that was just Instagram’s way of celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Today, if you want to know how to change Instagram icon on Android, you will have to make use of different kinds of tools. Read this article till the end to know what those tools are.
How To Change Instagram Icon On Android Using An App?
If you want to change the Instagram icon on your Android device, then you can try installing a third-party app to do so. There are plenty of apps available in the Google Play Store that you can use. Some of these apps are free that do not charge you in monetary terms but make you watch ads to unlock features and others come with a straightforward paid subscription.
In this method, we’ll be making use of the X Icon Changer app to customize the Instagram icon. Follow the below-mentioned steps for the same:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Look for the X Icon Changer app and install it.
- Now, tap and hold a spot of blank space on your phone’s home screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Widgets.
- Scroll through the Widgets to locate X Icon Changer.
- Tap and hold it when it appears and then drop it wherever you want it to be on the screen.
- Now, open X Icon Changer and go through the list of apps present in your phone and choose Instagram.
- Select the image that you would like to use as Instagram’s icon. You have the options to choose from a variety of pre-made icons, your photo-gallery, or even take a photo on the spot!
- When you have selected an icon, tap Ok.
Since X Icon Changer is a free app, you might have to watch an ad or two to have the changes come into effect.
Although third-party apps make your work easier, you need to remember that plenty of these apps have a number of security-related threats attached to them. They can put your data privacy into jeopardy. So, always read the reviews before you install an app and know what kind of permissions you can grant.
How To Change Instagram Icon On Android Using A Launcher?
Another method of changing the Instagram icon on an Android device is by making use of a launcher. They not only let you make changes to the appearance of your phone but also let you change icons. In other words, you will be able to customize your Instagram icon in whichever way you like. There are plenty of Launcher apps, you can easily install one from the Google Play Store.
One such popular app is Smart Launcher. If you want to change your Instagram icon using the Smart Launcher app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Look for the Smart Launcher app and install it.
- Once the installation process is complete, launch the app and complete the initial set up. The app also offers a premium subscription, but you don’t necessarily have to subscribe to the paid version to change your app’s icon. That can be done for free.
- Now, look for Instagram, the app is likely to be present in the Communication page.
- Tap and hold the Instagram icon until a pop-up appears on the screen.
- From the menu, choose the Edit icon.
- Now, you can choose whichever icon you like. You also have the option to choose something from your phone’s gallery. On top of that, Smart Launcher also comes with an in-built icon collection that you can choose something from!
And, that’s it! Follow these steps to have a brand new Instagram icon!
Alright, people! This was how to change Instagram icon on Android! In this article, I walked you through two different methods and the steps that you can make use of to give a makeover to Instagram’s icon! So, feel free to use whichever method you find easier or suits your needs the best and get the job done! Oh, and in case you feel stuck at any point, feel free to ask for help in the comments section!
How do I change my Instagram look?
Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap at the top. Tap Switch appearance. This will automatically change your view on Instagram.com from the current setting for your mobile bowser.
Why can’t I change my Instagram icon?
The feature only works on the newest update of the app. If you can’t find the new icons then the chances are that you need to update your Instagram app. You can do this in the App Store. To update your Instagram app go to the App Store and search “Instagram,” then click the button labelled “update.”
When did Instagram app icon change?
The Instagram logo changed on May 11th 2016, on both IOS and Android apps. It is now very familiar to look at, but it didn’t seem like it when it first changed. Although people didn’t welcome it at first, the design changed for the better.
Why did Instagram change their icon?
In 2016 Instagram’s nostalgic filters had fallen out of fashion with the Instagram community, and the logo was in need of a refresh. The next redesign solved this problem, updating the logo to a sleek minimalist rendition of a camera with an eye-catching color scheme.