Emails are a part id our daily lives in 2022. The smallest and the biggest discussion of our lives and careers can be carried out in a single email thread. So, knowing when the other person has read your email can be super helpful. But how to check if someone read your email or has yet to read it? Let us discuss and get to the end of this issue.
Atleast once in our entire lifetime, we have been through that dreadful wait of a recipient email. Whether it’s an academic email or a job-related email, the pressure and the unknowingness of the email leave us feeling anxious and frustrated. But hey! We think we have found the loopholes.
Let’s go through the steps together and tell you what we found.
How To Check If Someone Read Your Email? | Let Us Tell You What We Know!
Different websites have different ways to find out about the email status. We have done the hard work here and jotted down the ones that let you know if the recipient has read your email or not. So, let’s get started and decode the mystery.
How To Check If Someone Read Your Email On Outlook!
On Microsoft Outlook, you could easily add and request read receipts and delivery notifications. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the desired File, then select Options, and finally Mail.
- Under the Tracking dialog box, click on the first option stating Read recipient confirming the recipient viewed the message or Delivery receipt confirming the message was delivered to the recipient’s email server check box.
- Click on OK to apply these changes.
But if you choose to track a single message, here’s your way out:
- Click on Options in the Tracking dialog box and select the Request a Delivery Receipt option.
- Compose the desired email and claim on send, and your work here is done.
How To Check If Someone Read Your Email On Yahoo!
Yahoo Mail has been around here for quite a while now. But with minima; upgrades and features, it has terribly failed to become anyone’s first choice.
Unfortunately, Yahoo mail does not give an option to read and return. So, the only resort to the crippling anxiety here is sending a follow-up email or asking for a confirmation email.
How To Check If Someone Read Your Email On Gmail!
Gmail is one of the most widely known mail around the world. It is the most trusted email and private mail platform for professional as well as private use. Here are steps to check if someone read your email on Gmail or not:
- Firstly, compose your desired emails with all the specifications and information and re-check for any errors or misspells.
- After you are done with that, go to the bottom of the Compose window and click on More, followed by Request read receipt.
- But if you stumble to see that option, it is possible that you don’t have a school or work account. In case you do have one, your admin needs to enable the read receipts for you to check the status of your email.
- Click on Send, and your work here is done. Lastly, you will receive an email when your message is read or opened by the recipient.
A world without emails sounds very crazy. Be it the professional or private life, checking emails has become a part of our daily chores. We receive and send tons of emails daily, but some are confidential or require immediate action or reply. So, to solve this guessing and waiting game, the feature of Read Recipients was rolled out.
We hope our article was helpful to you. If you have some other news or facts to share, feel free to express them down in the comment box.