Do you use Twitter regularly? Do you wish to know how to check who retweeted a tweet from your account?
Twitter is a social media platform that allows its users to share images and videos, as well as textual posts. The platform is quite famous among people who wish to debate or have conversations regarding trending topics. The platform is also famous among users because of its 140-character limit in its posts.
The platform is quite different than other social media platforms, as it allows retweets, thread creation through posts, and heavily functions on hashtags and mentions. If you are someone who regularly posts on Twitter, there is a huge possibility that other people will retweet your tweets. We have mentioned steps on how to check who retweeted a tweet from your account and how to check all the retweets of a specific tweet.
Check Who Retweeted A Tweet From Your Account!
Twitter usually allows its users to repost or retweet someone else’s tweets to your account through the retweet option. This option allows the users to share someone else’s thoughts that they agree with to their followers while providing credit to the original tweet.
We have discussed steps on how to check who retweeted a tweet from your account and how to see all retweets of a specific tweet.
How To See All Retweets Of A Tweet?
Twitter is primarily used to share information and opinion about various topics. A tweet can be reposted or retweeted by multiple people depending on their opinions. Some people might want to contradict your opinion, while others retweet it to show support for your statement.
Sometimes people also retweet your tweet simply because it is relatable. However, if you wish to see all the retweets of a tweet, you can follow the below-mentioned steps on how to see all retweets of a tweet:
- Launch the Twitter application on your phone or go to the official Twitter website.
- Log in to the Twitter app or the desktop website.
- Locate the Profile icon on the home page, and click on the profile icon
- Once you tap the Profile icon, you will be presented with a menu, select your name from the menu.
- You will be redirected to your profile, now, you can access all your tweets.
- Find the tweet whose retweets you wish to see.
- After locating the tweet, you can view the number of retweets beside the retweet icon.
- You can see detailed retweet activity by clicking the number beside the retweet icon, and you will be presented with the list of people who have retweeted your tweet.
How To Check Who Retweeted A Tweet On PC
If you use Twitter from your desktop, you can follow these steps on how to check who retweeted a tweet on your PC:
- Go to the official Twitter website on your PC browser.
- Log in to the website by entering your credentials if you are not logged in.
- After logging in to Twitter, you will be able to access the home page of your account.
- Go to the left menu panel on the homepage and search for the Notifications action.
- Tap on the Notifications button.
- Once you are redirected to the Notifications sections, you will be able to access all the activity on your Twitter account.
- You can check who retweeted a tweet from your account by scrolling down the notifications and finding the retweet-related activity.
Also, Read | How To Tag A Tweet Using Phone And PC!
How To Check Who Retweeted A Tweet Through Phone
If you access your Twitter through an Android or iOS device like an iPhone or iPad, you can access the official Twitter application. You can follow the below-mentioned steps on how to check who retweeted a tweet on your account through a phone application:
- Launch the Twitter app on your phone.
- After launching the app, you will be able to see the home page of your account.
- Locate the bell-shaped icon on the home page, it will be situated at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you press the bell-shaped icon, you will be redirected to the Notifications section of your profile.
- After accessing the notifications section, you can scroll down to see all the recent activity on your Twitter account. You can check who retweeted a tweet from your account or if someone has mentioned you in their posts or comments.
How To Check Who Retweeted A Tweet | FAQs
Why Can’t I See The Name Of The Person Who Retweeted My Tweet?
Sometimes you can not view the account’s name that has retweeted your tweet. It can happen if the person who has retweeted a tweet from your account has set their account to private. In that situation, you will only get a notification that someone has retweeted your tweet, but you will not get to see their information.
Why Am I Unable To Retweet Some Tweets?
If the person you are following has set their account to Private, you will not be able to retweet their tweets. Usually, people with private accounts have protected tweets. You can also choose to protect your tweets if you do not want to share your tweets with people who do not follow you.
How Can I Delete A Retweet?
You can delete a retweet. By simply locating the retweet on your profile. Once you locate the retweet, you can press the retweet icon beneath the retweet, and it will delete the retweet from your profile. However, you can not delete the tweet, and only the person who tweeted the original can delete their tweet.
These were steps to check who retweeted a tweet that you posted on your account. Twitter allows its users to share tweets by other users in retweets. Popular Twitter accounts can sometimes get thousands of retweets. The option primarily allows users to share posts while providing credit to the original post.
We hope these steps on checking who retweeted a tweet and how to see all retweets of a tweet were helpful to you. Do let us know what would you want us to cover next. Stay tuned with us for more of such informative and helpful reads.