I'm just a sneaker pro, I love Pumas and shell toes But can't nothin compare to a fresh crispy white pearl........... can get to stompin' in my Air Force Ones Big boys stompin' in my Air Force Ones
Oooffff! That madness, that craze about Nike Air Force Ones, is still alive. If you call yourself a sneakerhead and do not possess these classics, then my dear fella, you are just lying! (#triggered) However, the craze it had and has is less than the crazy you get while cleaning them!
There is no one who has them and has never asked how to clean Air Force Ones? Let me tell you cleaning them is difficult but not impossible. Trust me, with the help of this article; you will master the cleaning of Nike Air Force ones. So, scroll and clean your shoes.
How To Clean White Nike Air Force 1s? It’s Not That Difficult Bro!
Cleaning shoes is not that difficult, but it is heartbreaking once your white shoes turn yellow. However, it will never turn yellow if you clean your shoes regularly. And what if they have turned yellow? Then what you can do is use bleach while cleaning them. Just don’t worry and follow all the given steps.
1# How To Clean White Nike Air Force Ones With Baking Soda?
All-time available ingredients at home that are useful for many cleaning processes are baking soda and vinegar (preferably white vinegar). When your white Air Force 1s are on the verge of turning yellow, baking soda comes for a rescue. It has abrasive properties, hence is used for cleaning. Let’s know in detail how to use it.
Things Required: Water, Baking Soda, White Vinegar, Brushes, Tubs, Dry Cloth/ Towel; etc.
How To Make A Cleaning Paste Using Baking Soda?
- Take two bowls, one for laces and the other for shoes.
- In both bowls, add equal amounts of baking soda powder and vinegar. (the portion for cleaning shoes and laces varies)
- Mix the vinegar and baking soda to get a not-so-thick & not-so-running paste. Its consistency should be like a normal liquid shampoo.
- Therefore, your cleaning solutions are ready.
- Remember!!!! The consistency of solution for laces can be watery.
Steps To Clean The Nike Air Force 1s With Baking Soda
- The first step before cleaning your yellow turned shoes is to remove the laces and dunk them in baking soda and vinegar solution for atleast the time you are cleaning your shoes.
- Now take a shoe tree and insert it inside the shoe to maintain the shoe’s shape for further steps.
- The next step is to remove all the debris using a cloth or a soft bristle brush.
- Once you are done with it, put drops of the prepared solution on the outer layer of the shoes. Make sure you do not put it inside the shoes.
- Now take a soft bristle brush and scrub it all around the sole, leather with your light hands in a circular motion.
- Now, as the shoes’ outer layer is wet, clean the surface with a towel or any cloth.
- Make sure you do this every time you feel your shoe is turning yellow!
2# How To Clean White Nike Air Force Ones With A Shoe-Cleaning Solution?
We all are very busy in our day-to-day life, especially the urban young kids, who don’t get time to buy vinegar and baking soda. The best move you can make is to order a shoe cleaning solution from online websites or Nike official websites and use it to clean the shoes.
Things Required: Water, Shoe-Cleaning solution, Brushes, Tubs, Dry Cloth/ Towel; etc.
Steps To Clean Nike Air Force Ones Using A Shoe-Cleaning Solution
- As already mentioned, the first step of cleaning the shoes is to remove the laces and dip them in the solution and water mixture.
- Now that you have dipped laces in the mixture, insert a shoe tree to maintain the shape of your shoes while brushing.
- Take a brush and remove the dry dirt like dust, small pebbles, debris, etc.
- Now pour the shoe cleaning solution on different sides of the shoes.
- It’s time for brushing the shoes over a sudsy solution. Brush the shoe softly but in a circular motion.
- Once you feel the dirt is removed and the shoe has cleaned properly, you can dry the shoes with the help of a towel, tissues, or any damp cloth available.
3# How To Clean White Nike Air Force 1s With Bleach? Remove The Yellowing Of The Shoes!
The above three steps can be used to clean the clean at regular intervals, like two weeks or once a month, to save them from turning yellow. However, if your Nike Air Force 1s have already turned yellow, you can clean your shoes using bleach. I would recommend you to use the liquid bleach solution available in the market. It is because it can be instantly used, and there arise less mess to clean later.
Things Required: Water, Bleach, Brushes, Tubs, Dry Cloth/ Towel, Cling Wrap; etc.
How To Make Bleach Solution?
It is not that difficult to make a bleach solution at home. Take two to four tablespoons of bleach powder and mix it in a bowl of water half filled. Ensure that the solution’s consistency is similar to that of the shampoo. Follow the instructions for both the liquid bleach and powdered bleach.
Steps To Clean Nike Air Force Ones Using A Bleach
- What you have to do is, remove the laces and place the shoe tree.
- Dip the laces in the water and soap solution but not in the bleach solution.
- After that, brush your shoes well to remove all the dirt and the dry debris.
- Use the shampoo-like bleach solution and pour it slowly on different areas of the shoes.
- Make sure it does not enter inside the shoe.
- Once it is done, brush your shoes again in a circular motion.
- After doing this, wrap your shoes in a cling wrap without removing the bleach solution.
- Now place them in the sun. Let the shoes soak full sunlight on all its sides, therefore keep rotating them after every 10 minutes.
- Remove the wrap after keeping the shoes in the sunlight for 60 minutes or less.
- Now wash your shoes using your hands and water. Do not let water enter your shoes.
- You will see a huge difference in the color of your shoes.
4# How To Clean White Nike Air Force 1s Shoelaces?
In all the steps, we have mentioned that you have to dunk your shoelaces in the solutions. But, what after that? Cool! Let me reveal that too.
- While you were cleaning your shoes, your shoelaces were in the solution. It was dipped so that stains can turn lighter or can completely vanish.
- After that, you can scrub the laces and remove extra dust and dirt using a cleaning brush.
- Now under a tap, wash the laces with your hands.
- You can feel the difference in the color of the laces as well.
These were the detailed steps for different ways of cleaning your Nike Air Force 1s. You can use the same steps for cleaning your other shades of Nike Air Force 1s or other white shoes/ sneakers. Please let us know your other shoe cleaning-related queries in the comment section.