Do you know what’s annoying? It’s when you’re typing in the search bar, trying to search for something that you can’t really remember that well and Instagram confuses you further by showing a bunch of suggestions that you didn’t ask for. I’m sure you know this feeling quite well by now. But hey, do you also know how to clear Instagram search suggestions when typing? That knowledge is the antidote to this feeling. So, in case you don’t have it, read this article till the end.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Delete Instagram Search Suggestions When Typing | Instagram Clear Suggestions Hacks!
There are plenty of ways you can use to get rid of your Instagram search suggestions. For example, you can get rid of individual search suggestions by simply tapping on the little cross that appears next to it. You can clear all your search suggestions in one go by visiting the “Your activity” section of your Instagram account or by clearing your device’s cache. If you’re someone who uses Instagram on a PC, you too have a way to get rid of search suggestions.
So, if you want to know how to clear Instagram search suggestions when typing in all these different ways, make sure not to skip a single section of this post.
How To Clear Instagram Search Suggestions When Typing In The Search Bar?
If you want to clear a single Instagram search suggestion from your search history, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the search icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see that your previously made searches appear as suggestions. You’ll also notice that all these searches have a small cross next to them.
- Tap on the cross next to the searches you wish to erase.
And, that’s it! Your search suggestions will be cleared.
How To Clear Instagram Search Suggestions When Typing Using ‘Your Activity’?
If you want to delete your search suggestions when typing in one go, you can do that using the “Your Activity” section of your profile. Here are the steps that you need to follow for the same:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the profile icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- And then, tap on the hamburger icon located at the top right.
- From the menu that appears, choose ‘Your Activity’.
- When the ‘Your activity’ page opens, tap on the “Recent searches” option.
- Now, all your recent searches will be available. You can tap on the cross icon to delete them individually.
- Or, you can tap on the ‘Clear All’ option located at the top right.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen. Choose ‘Clear All’ from it again.
And, that’s it! All your search suggestions will be gone, and the page will instead show ‘No search history’!
How To Clear Instagram Suggestions From Android & iPhone?
The above-mentioned methods work well enough when it comes to getting rid of search suggestions. But, apart from them, you have other options as well. For example, you can clear suggested searches by clearing the cache on your Android or iPhone device. Want to know how to do this? Keep reading.
How To Clear Suggested Searches Instagram Android
When you remove the cache, Instagram fails to show you suggestions in the search results. And so, clearing the cache can help you clear your search suggestions as well. Sounds good? If yes, follow these steps to clear the cache on your Android device.
- Open the settings of your Android phone.
- Now, scroll to find the option of Application and Permission.
- Then, tap on the app management option.
- Here, you’ll have a list of the apps on your phone. Locate Instagram and tap on it.
- Then, tap on “Internal Storage”.
- Then, tap on ‘Clear cache’ in red.
And, that’s it! The app’s cache will be cleared. And so, when you go back to Instagram, you’ll notice that the search suggestions have disappeared as well.
How To Clear Instagram Search Suggestions When Typing On iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user, you’ll have to follow a different route to clear Instagram’s cache:
- Locate Instagram on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Now, tap and hold the Instagram app until a pop-up appears.
- Choose the Remove app option from the pop-up.
- Tap on “Delete App” to confirm.
- Now, go to the App Store and search for Instagram.
- Reinstall Instagram.
- After the app has been installed, log in to it using your credentials.
After you’ve logged in to the app, you will notice that the previous search history is no longer there.
How To Delete Instagram Search Suggestions When Typing On A PC?
If you prefer using Instagram on your PC, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of search suggestions:
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Go to Instagram’s login page.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Then, click on the search bar located at the left sidebar of the page.
- All your recent searches with small cross icons next to them will appear in the menu that appears.
- Click on the little cross icon next to the search results you wish to clear.
And, that’s it. Your search suggestions will be cleared.
Okay, everyone! We’ve reached the end of this post. And so, I hope you know how to clear Instagram search suggestions when typing! In this article, I walked you through four different methods of removing the suggestions that appear while you’re searching for something on Instagram. So, I hope you found this article informative and helpful! In case there’s anything else on Instagram that you need help getting rid of, feel free to mention it in the comments!
Why Is My Search History Appearing After I Delete It?
In case your search history is appearing even after you deleted it, then you should know that it’s bound to happen. That’s because now, the search history will show your latest searches.
What is the suggested list on Instagram DM?
The suggested list on Instagram DM shows a list of accounts that Instagram thinks you will be interested in.
Can I reset my Instagram search algorithm?
Yes, you can reset your search history by telling Instagram what you’re not interested in, unfollowing people, deleting your search history, clearing app’s cache, and interacting with posts that you do like.