Instagram gives you more than one way to post pictures and other forms of content; after all, this social media/ photo-sharing platform’s entire premise is based on that. Now, considering the number of options (read: opportunities) available, why would you stick with just one way? So, it’s time to level up your content game on Instagram. And, that’s why you need to know how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram!
Now, you may be wondering, if something like this is even possible. Because although Instagram encourages you to collaborate with other users, it hasn’t always allowed you to post something in collaboration. Bet hey, the app undergoes changes all the time. It constantly works towards being better. That’s why, what wasn’t possible before, is possible now! So, if you want to find out how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram, keep reading!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Create A Joint Post With Another Account On Instagram | Learn The Easy Steps Here!
If you’re an Instagram business or an influencer looking to collaborate with some business, then you’ll greatly benefit from knowing how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram. Because upon creating a post using the Collabs feature, the post will appear in both accounts. Do you know what this means? It will mean more engagement. Because followers from both accounts will be able to engage with it.
As appealing and useful as the feature looks, many think that understanding how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram is extremely complicated. Well, it does involve some steps, but they are not at all complex! You’ll find out more about it if you keep scrolling!
How To Create A Joint Post With Another Account On Instagram?
The Collab feature on Instagram will allow you to co-author an Instagram post (a picture, video, or reel) with someone. This way, neither of the two account holders will have to post duplicate content. And the credit to the joint post will go to both accounts equally, i.e, they will be sharing likes, views, and comments.
So, if you want to know how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the + icon located at the top right of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Post or Reel.
- Here, we’ll be using the Post option. The steps will be the same in case you were to use the Reel feature as well.
- Then, upload something from your gallery. Here you can upload a single picture or multiple pictures, with the max limit being 10.
- When you come to the caption page, you’ll get the Tag people option, tap on it.
- You’ll be taken to a different page from here and a new option will be present along with the Add tag button/
- Then, tap on the “Invite Collaborator” option located next to the “Add Tag” button.
- Use the search bar to look for the accounts that you wish to collaborate with. You can select multiple accounts, but the max limit is 20.
- While doing all this, a pop-up message will appear on your screen that basically tells you that if the other account accepts your request, the post will be shared with their followers, and they too will be seen as a creator of the post.
- This also implies that you just can’t select someone as a co-author of a post that you’re creating without their consent.
- Tap on “Done” located in the top right side of the screen to save your settings.
- After that, you can post the picture as usual.
And, that’s it!! You’ve successfully created a Collab post with another account on Instagram!
Alright, influencers and wannabe influencers! This was how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram! In this article, I walked you through a few simple steps required to use the Collab feature! And now, I hope this latest feature of Instagram looks a tiny bit less daunting than it used to be! If you happen to have any doubts regarding Collabs, feel free to ask in the comments section!
On a totally related note, if you’ve got an influencer friend who doesn’t know how to create a joint post with another account on Instagram, please share this article with them! Knowing how to do so is going to help them immensely!
Can two private accounts collaborate on Instagram?
All collaborators will be able to share content with the collab. And, anyone who’s following the collab will be able to view the content that’s shared into the collab. If you are a private account and you post into the collab, users who follow the collab will be able to see it even if they do not follow you.
Can you collab post with a private account?
Collab posts must be initiated from a public account. Your collaborator must also accept the request for the content to show on their profile grid. The original author of the post is the post’s primary author
How many followers do you need to collab?
Usually, brands won’t consider you an influencer (or micro-influencer) without having at least 2,000-2,500 followers in your community. If you want to collaborate with brands on Instagram as an influencer, we recommend working on building up your community before approaching brands.