Instacart is the knight in shining armor for lazy shoppers or people who are too busy with work. Instacart gets a personal shopper to do your grocery shopping for you and then delivers it directly to your home for a small fee. If you want to end your Instacart subscription or something else, you should know how to delete Instacart account and have it gone.
Whatever your reason for deleting an Instacart account, the option is there for you. You can easily delete your account from the Instacart mobile application or the Instacart website. You can also delete your Instacart account by dropping an email to their customer service, and they will do it for you.
3 Methods To Know How To Delete Instacart Account | A Step By Step Guide
Instacart is a very useful and famous grocery delivery app currently operational across the US and Canada. The reason for its popularity is partly attributed to its simple user interface that makes the shopping experience easy for the customer. Instacart also has a simple order delivery cancellation option, availability, and helpful customer service. Now let’s jump straight into how you need to know how to delete Instacart account.
Delete Your Instacart Account Through The Website | Method 1 On How To Delete Instacart Account
Deleting your Instacart is just as easy as putting an order for groceries on the app. Well, not exactly that easy, but it’s quite close. Luckily there is no fee attached to deleting your account. If you have a running Instacart subscription, it will be canceled, too, as you delete your account. To delete your account through the website –
- Go to the instacart website on your preferred browser from your computer.
- Navigate to the Instacart Help Centre.
- Find the Contact Us section, and from there, you will need to log in to your Instacart account.
- Scroll down until you find the My Account option in the new window and click on it.
- Click on the option which says I still need help. In the next window, click on Chat with us.
- You will now be connected to a customer support agent. Proceed with your account details, email, and the phone associated with your account. Then put in a delete account request.
- After confirming your details, the customer support agent will proceed with your account deletion request.
- It usually takes 72 hours for your account to be deleted by Instacart.
To delete your Instacart through the Instacart mobile application, you can follow the same steps.
- On your iPhone or Android phone, open the Instacart app.
- Click on the hamburger menu slider, which will open the Menu.
- Locate the Help option and tap on it.
- In the next window, tap on the Get Help option.
- Another window will open, and you have to choose the My Account option.
- Like doing it on your PC, select the I still need help option. You will now get a chat option to connect you to a customer support agent.
- Proceed with your name, account details, email, and phone number, and put in an account deletion request.
- After confirming all the details, it will take Instacart 72 hours to delete your account.
Delete Your Instacart Account Through A Call | Method 2 On How To Delete Instacart Account
To delete your Instacart account over the phone, you can directly call Instacart customer support service. This cuts the time of navigating through all the options on the website. In the I still need help option on your computer or your phone, you will also see a phone number. You can call Instacart directly at 1-888-246-7822.
Provide all the details to the customer support agent as you would on chat. After confirming your details, the agent will proceed with your Instacart account deletion, and you will receive an update on your email. As is customary, they will also help you figure out the issues you face. They will offer solutions if there is a need for that, but if you still want to go ahead with the deletion, it will be done as per your wishes.
Delete Your Instacart Account Through Email | Method 3 On How To Delete Your Instacart Account
If calls and chats aren’t your thing, you can also delete your Instacart account through email. You can put in a request asking for your account and information to be removed from the Instacart database. Compose an email that says that you want your account deleted. That’s it. Short and sweet.
You need to send the email to: [email protected] The subject of the email can be anything. We suggest writing: Request for Account Deletion. After going through your email and acknowledging your request, you can expect your Instacart account to be deleted within 72 hours. You will receive an email confirmation informing you about the status of your account deletion.
At the end of this article, we now hope you know how to delete Instacart account. The methods are fairly easy, and you can pick and choose as you please. Instacart has made grocery so easy and convenient that there aren’t many account deletions. The company has also turned profitable and is valued at over several billion dollars. But maybe it’s not for everyone. Let us know your reason for account deletion. What do you like or dislike about Instacart and its services?