Ever wondered how to delete multiple friends on Snapchat? We all know Snapchat is nothing but friends, right? But do we use Snapchat because we care about friends or because we fear missing out on stuff? Whatever your motivation might be, one thing is for certain, sometimes the pressure can get to the best of us. Social media can get overwhelming and in such cases taking a break is necessary.
When things get out of control no one really cares about your snap score or about your snap streak. No one cares whether you are using the crying filter or anything else. None of these superficial things matter. What matters is that you are at peace and at a place where you can take care of your mental health. Those who are around you and are truly your friends will anyway be there. Whether Snapchat exists or not, therefore there is no need to worry about losing anyone either.
Deleting multiple friends on Snapchat is not possible though. Snapchat relies on you having friends and using the app to stay connected with them. Therefore it does not give any function that allows mass deletion of friends. You can delete friends on Snapchat individually but there is no way to delete everyone at once.
If you really want to disconnect then simply uninstall the Snapchat application. But if you want to delete all history and every trace of your friends then you can simply deactivate your Snapchat account. If you don’t log in within 30 days, Snapchat will delete your account completely. After 30 days you can signup with a new account and get your username back with everything else deleted.
How To Delete Multiple Friends On Snapchat | 3 Ways To Delete Your Friends!
Something serious must have gone down if you are looking to go nuclear with your friends. If some friend, in particular, is bothering you then you can easily remove them. You can do that for as many people as you like. But if you have hundreds of friends then it will become a chore. There is no other way around it though. There are no third-party apps that let you “Select All” and press Delete for your Snapchat friend list.
Do remember that deleting your friend from your friend list will also delete all your chats with them. The default setting of all snaps and chats in Snapchat is to delete on opening. But we are assuming you and your friends have frequent chats on the app. Therefore the option to delete open chats will not be turned on. So if you delete your friend, you will lose the chats as well.
We have a detailed guide on how to delete your Snapchat account from your phone as well as your PC. If you fancy going all out then read that to completely get rid of your Snapchat account. You can take a break and then come back and start from zero if you please. But if you just want to know how to delete multiple friends on Snapchat one friend at a time then carry on reading.
Deleting Your Friend From The Chat List | How To Delete Multiple Friends On Snapchat
There are a couple of ways to delete friends. Three to be precise. All eventually meet at one common point, where you press Delete Friend. But it’s always good to know a couple of ways to do it. Below are the steps to delete your friend from your chat list itself.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- On the home screen, tap on the chat icon on the bottom left or swipe right. You will see the friends you chat with. All your recent chats and streaks will be there in a time-based order.
- Open the chat of the person you want to delete. Then on the top left corner click on their Bitmoji avatar. Their profile will open.
- In the top right corner click on the three dots. Another set of options will appear.
- Tap on the option which says Remove Friend. A confirmation pop-up will appear.
- Tap on Remove to confirm or tap Cancel to stop.
That’s it! You have deleted your friend and can follow the same steps to delete multiple friends one by one. Do note this method only works when you have any form of recent contact with the friend. It can either be a snap you’ve exchanged or can also be chats. In case you have neither but still want to delete that friend from the list then move on to the next step.
Delete Friends From Your Friend List | How To Delete Multiple Friends On Snapchat
It’s not important you have conversations with every friend you have on Snapchat. So in case you want to delete them, they won’t appear in your recent chats list. You will have to find them from your friend list. To do that, follow the steps mentioned below. The steps are common to both iOS and Android.
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android phone.
- From the home screen tap on the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the screen. Your Profile should open.
- Scroll down till you find the Friends tab. Tap on the My Friends option.
- A list of your friends will appear. Click on the friend who you want to remove and another window will open.
- Tap on the option that says Manage Friendship. In the new window tap on the Remove Friend option.
- Tap on Remove to confirm deletion or Tap on Cancel to stop.
Delete Friends From The Search Box | How To Delete Multiple Friends On Snapchat
In case you know exactly whom to delete then you can simply look at them and delete them. Snapchat has a search feature that lets you look up profiles and filters. You will find people whom you have added or public profiles here. Follow the steps to find and delete multiple friends on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android.
- On the home screen tap on the search box in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enter the name or the username of the friend you want to delete from Snapchat.
- Once their profile pops up, tap on it. Their profile window will open.
- Tap on the three dots that appear in the top right corner of the window and click on Manage Friendship.
- Tap on the option that says Remove Friend.
- Click Remove to delete and Cancel to stop. Repeat as required.
We hope now you know how to delete multiple friends on Snapchat. While it isn’t possible to mass delete, you can easily delete one at a time. Besides rare cases where you would want to get rid of all those whom you know, we suggest taking a break before deleting everything. We understand funny Snapchat filters aren’t for everyone so you do what is best for you. If you need more help with anything Snapchat-related then don’t hesitate to drop a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!