Pinterest is a lot like Instagram and has quite a few similarities. Just like Instagram, on Pinterest, you can share images and, on a smaller scale, GIFs and even videos. Pinterest is an interesting and unique type of social media platform that is primarily meant for sharing images. In this article, we’ll tell you how to delete Pinterest Board? And will explain in detail what a Pinterest Board is.
The popular image-sharing platform was founded 12 years ago, in 2009, and was finally launched in 2010. Pinterest was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp. Up until 2022, the platform has over 436 million monthly active users. So, you can understand how popular Pinterest is.
If you happen to be an avid and dedicated Pinterest user, then there is a chance that your account might have been filled with numerous boards. And if that is the case, you’re certainly reading the correct article. Now, let’s jump into the details and find out how to delete a Pinterest board to clear the clutter.
How To Delete Pinterest Board? Do It This Way!
Now that you have an idea of what Pinterest is all about. Let us explain what a Pinterest Board exactly is. Like on Instagram or Facebook, all your posts are organized in a particular manner in your feed, likewise, on Pinterest, the Pins (that are posted on Pinterest) are organized on Boards. Boards are basically the section where you save, collect and organize your Pins accordingly.
Pinterest Boards happen to be a collection of specific pins saved by the users. Pinterest lets you create several Boards according to their theme and purpose. For example, you may need to create a board for your digital marketing campaign and a board for your digital artworks. Creating separate boards will help you organize your stuff on Pinterest.
In other words, we can also say that a Pinterest profile is usually made up of numerous boards that are on different topics and interests. Now, over a period of time, it might happen that your Pinterest profile is filled with too many boards and is a complete mess. Too many boards that are no longer required will make your Pinterest profile look untidy and extremely unprofessional.
When something like that happens, you will have to clear your Pinterest profile and to do so, you’ll have to delete those Boards that you no longer require. So, we have listed the steps you need to follow to delete your Pinterest board on a PC, iPhone, and Android device.
How To Delete Pinterest Board On A PC?
Keep in mind that the process of deleting a board on Pinterest is the same for all operating systems, be it Windows, MAC, Linux, or anything else. Also, if you delete a board mistakenly without checking it first, you won’t be able to restore it. It will be deleted permanently, along with all the pins on that particular board. So, be very careful and sure before deleting a Pinterest board.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to delete a Pinterest Board on a PC.
- Sign in to your Pinterest account.
- Tap on your Profile Picture in the top right corner of the screen to go to your Profile.
- Look for the Board that you wish to delete.
- Open the Board by tapping on it.
- Tap on the ellipses button on the right side of the Board’s name.
- Tap on Edit Board below the Board options.
- Move down to the Delete Board option just below Action.
- Finally, tap on Delete Board, and then confirm it by tapping on Delete Forever.
And that is how you delete a Pinterest Board on a PC.
How To Delete Pinterest Board On An iPhone?
The platform, Pinterest, is a great way to explore and get inspired by extremely creative and authentic content in just a few clicks. Deleting a board on Pinterest is just as easy as creating one. It’s a job of a few minutes. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete a Pinterest board on an iPhone.
- If you’re already signed in, then simply launch the Pinterest app.
- Go to your Profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the Board that you wish to delete and tap to open it.
- Then tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Edit Board.
- Then tap on Delete Board.
- Confirm your action by tapping on the Delete Forever option.
That is all it takes to delete a Pinterest Board on an iPhone.
How To Delete Pinterest Board On An Android Device?
Though Pinterest is used by millions of people across the globe, the fact is that it is most beneficial to graphic designers and digital artists. As the platform makes it a lot easier to find and explore new ideas on a daily basis. You can create new boards depending on your current interest or requirement and delete the old ones that are no longer needed.
Follow the steps mentioned below to delete a Pinterest board on an Android device.
- Open the Pinterest app and tap on your profile picture at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the board that you want to delete.
- To open the Board, tap on it.
- Tap on the ellipsis icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Edit Board from the Options list.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Delete.
- When you see a new pop-up, tap on Delete once again to confirm the Action.
That is exactly how you delete a Pinterest Board on an Android device.
The above mentioned are all the steps you need to follow to delete a Pinterest Board, on a PC, an iPhone, and on an Android device. For your better understanding, we have discussed what Pinterest is exactly and how it works. And we have also explained what a board is on Pinterest. We hope that the article was helpful and informative enough. If you liked going through it, then do let us know. And also, do not forget to give us your feedback if you think we missed out on something.