If you’ve got tons of pictures that you want to share on Instagram, posting them all on your stories one by one probably doesn’t make much sense. Does it? But, if you know how to put multiple pictures on one Instagram story, your job can probably become a lot easier. This way, you can arrange them all aesthetically in one slide, ensuring no picture is left out. Sounds like a plan? If yes, keep reading to know how to do layout on Instagram story!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Do Layout On Instagram Story!
There are different ways to do layouts/ make collages on your Instagram stories. For example:
- Instagram itself has an in-built layout feature in its story section that users can make use of to add multiple pictures in one single story.
- They can also use the sticker feature to add photos on the screen.
- Apart from this, some online apps and tools let users create Instagram story collages however they want to.
If you want to understand how to do layout on Instagram story using these ways and also get to know the apps that let users make collages, then read this article until the end.
How To Do Layout On Instagram Story Using Stickers?
Using the sticker feature is probably one of the easiest methods of creating a layout for your Instagram story. The steps for doing so are pretty simple and give amazing results in quite a short time. They are as follows:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and head over to the story section.
- For this, you can select the Plus icon at the bottom of your home page and then slide over to the story tab from there. Or, you can just swipe right upon opening Instagram.
- Now, before you start making a collage, you need to add a background to your Instagram story.
- To do this, you can either upload something from your camera roll.
- Or select the drawing tool and fill the screen with a solid color.
- Once this is done, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or select the sticker icon located at the top of the screen.
- Select the card icon with plus inside it from the menu that will then appear on the screen.
- Your camera roll will then open again. Choose the image you want to include in your collage. Repeat this step until you’ve added all the images you want.
- You can reshape an image by tapping on it.
- If you want to change the position of an image, you can simply tap on it and drag it to the place where you want to place it.
- To reduce the size of an image, pinch in using your two fingers. Pinch out to increase the size of the image.
- Once you’ve arranged all the images in a collage format, you can choose to edit your story further.
- For example, you can add a filter to the collage by tapping on the glitter icon located at the top of the screen.
- To write something about the collage, you can tap on the Aa icon and start typing.
- You can add GIFs and stickers by selecting the same sticker icon as you did earlier.
- To draw something on your collage screen, select the draw icon, choose a tool, and use your finger as a stylus to draw.
- Doing all this is optional but can make your story more fun and engaging.
Once you’re done editing your story, tap on the “Your Story” option located at the bottom left of the screen. To share the collage with a few select people only, tap on the “Close Friends” option in green present next to it.
How To Create A Photo Collage In An Instagram Story Using Layout Feature?
Another method you can use to create collages in your Instagram stories is the layout feature. This method works well when you don’t want to add too many images and want them all to be arranged on the screen neatly. And if this is something you want to do, read these steps to know how to do layout on Instagram story:
- Go to the story section of your Instagram app.
- Once there, tap the layout icon present in the vertical sidebar on the right/ left side of the screen.
- You can tap on the icon to change the grid style. As of now, there are five different grid styles you can choose from.
- You may select a grid depending on the size of the picture you have and the number of pictures you want to add.
- After you’ve selected a grid style, tap on the gallery icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- From here, select the images for your collage.
- Once you’ve added all the images, tap on the tick mark present at the bottom of the screen.
- You can edit your story further if you want by adding stickers, text, filters, drawing something, etc.
- When you’re happy with what you’ve got on the screen, select the “Your Story” option present at the bottom left corner of your screen.
And, that’s it! Your collage will now be shared with everyone on Instagram!
Instagram Collage Apps
Although the in-built Instagram collage features work well, they can be quite limited when it comes to customizing your story further. If you feel the same way, then you can make use of other apps and online tools to make a collage the way you want.
Learning how to do layout on Instagram story with the help of these apps is pretty simple, too. Because all of them are beginner-friendly and have a clean user interface. Collage stories made with the help of these apps always stand out in comparison to the ones made using the in-app features only.
So, here are some apps you can use to make your Instagram collages even more fun:
- Fotor APP
- Adobe Express
- Collage Maker By InShot
- Pic Jointer
Almost all of these apps are free to use but offer a paid subscription with more features.
Alright then, people. I hope you guys have understood how to do layout on Instagram story by now! This article was all about the different ways you can make beautiful, aesthetically pleasing collages for your Instagram stories. So, use whichever method you like the best and make your Instagram stories more fun!