Recently, if you have been hooked to the content and game streams on Twitch, then it’s time you start supporting your favorite streamers and learn how to donate on Twitch. If you are a gaming lover and have a favorite channel on Twitch, you can show your support by helping those channels create better content.
Twitch is a live streaming gaming platform that mainly focuses on different streamers showcasing their excellent video game skills. Don’t worry if you are not into games because Twitch has recently started offering music broadcasts along with “in real-life events” and a variety of creative content streaming. You may be surprised to know that the streaming platform works under Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of Amazon.com.
Generally, Twitch streamers rely on the support they get from their viewers. The gaming streamers are creating content for us while keeping our entertainment needs in mind. The least we can do on our part is help them come up with better quality content to get one step closer to standing on their own. The road to standing on their own for a Twitch streamer is long and full of obstacles, but once they reach, they get to enjoy the benefits of affiliate links and sponsors, but before that, reach out to them with financial support using three different donation methods and help them fulfill their dreams.
So, without waiting furthermore, let’s get to the important section below and read more about how to donate on Twitch.
Learn How To Donate On Twitch | 3 Tried & Tested Ways To Encourage Quality Content!
Donation methods on popular platform Twitch usually vary from streamers to streamers because of the variation in their payment methods. Most of the streamers nowadays use Streamlabs to accept payments from their viewers. Streamlabs uses both credit cards and PayPal for fundings, whereas many streamers opt to use PayPal only. Though both the methods are nearly identical, Streamlab offers bonus customization and functionality benefits for the streaming platform.
#1 Supporting Streamers With Donation
Even though there are plenty of different ways to support streamers, most people nowadays opt to make a donation on Twitch and support their favorite gaming channel. Keep on reading the steps that you have to follow in order to make donations on Twitch. Trust me, the steps are easy peasy!
- Open any browser on your laptop or mobile and visit the official website of Twitch.
- Tap on the login option present at the top-right corner of the homepage screen.
- After signing in with your valid credentials, visit your favorite streamer’s channel that you want to support.
- Once you have seen the channel you want to support, move to the bottom of the page to find a donation link.
- Tap on the donation link to make the payment.
- Carefully fill your details in the donation form and then tap on DONATE button present at the bottom of the screen.
- After you click on the DONATE button, you will be redirected to a new page to submit your payment information and complete the transaction successfully.
#2 Support A Streamer Using Twitch Bits
Before proceeding with this method, please note that Twitch Bits are a specific type of currency offered only by the streaming platform. If you are willing to use this method to show your support to a particular channel, you can buy Twitch Bits directly from the official website or make use of your Amazon account balance to buy them.
- Launch the Twitch website on your PC or mobile and tap on the login button that you will find at the top-right corner of the screen.
- After logging in, visit the channel that you want to support and tap on the arrow present next to the Get Bits option on the screen.
- If you cannot find the Get Bits option on the screen, you can tap on the diamond-shaped option present in the chatbox.
- On the next screen, select the number of bits you want to purchase.
- After choosing the number of bits, log in to your Amazon account and make the payment.
- If you haven’t linked your Amazon account to Twitch, you will be asked to complete the process before payment.
- After linking the account, confirm your payment by tapping on selecting PAY NOW.
- Once you have made the purchase, go back to the streamer’s page that you want to support and open the chatbox.
- In the chat window, type cheer along with the number of bits you want to donate. For example, if you’re going to donate 200 bits, you will type “cheer200” in the chatbox.
#3 Subscribing To Your Favorite Channel
Another great way to show support to your favorite Twitch streamer is by subscribing to their channel. By doing so, brand partners and affiliates are also encouraged to monetize their accounts. In exchange for money that you spend on the subscription, you get ad-free content, channel emotes, and the freedom to participate in subscriber-only content.
- Once you have logged in to your account on Twitch, open your favorite streaming channel and tap on the Subscribe button.
- If you can’t find the button, the channel has yet to reach the Twitch Partner (affiliate) status.
- For those channels that have a subscribe option, tap on the button and choose the tier pack that suits your pocket.
- Once you select the tier, you will be redirected to a new page to confirm the payment method and other important details like the subscription time.
Your favorite streamer can’t thank you enough for the support and love you are showering on them with Twitch donations. Remember that at the end of the day, it is not the donation amount that counts but the person’s intentions. Now, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and make that donation.