Your Instagram posts, stories, and reels need not be so plain. Because Instagram gives users the option to add music to their content and spice it up a bit, this might make you wonder, how can I get my music on Instagram stories & reels? Well, it’s super simple. Instagram has a wide range of music options in its extensive library. And, if you know how to find music on Instagram, you can make good use of what you have. So, to make that happen, keep scrolling!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Find Music On Instagram!
The process for adding music to your stories, reels, and posts is different. You need to follow different steps in each case. For example:
- You can use the music sticker to have music in your stories,
- Select the music icon while editing your reel, and then pick something from the music library to have music in your reels. Or, you can use some audio you come across while scrolling through other reels.
- You can add music to your Instagram posts while editing them.
If you want to understand how to find music on Instagram using all these different ways, then don’t skip any of the following sections! By the time we reach the end of this post, you will be acquainted with various ways of making your Instagram content fun!
How To Find Music On Instagram Story?
Adding music has to be one of the most used ways of making Instagram stories more interactive. Knowing how to add music to Instagram stories will help if you want to achieve similar results. So, just follow the below-mentioned steps and get the job done:
- Go to the story section of your Instagram account.
- Before adding music, you must add a background to the story. To do this, you can upload some pre-existing story/ video from your camera roll. Or, you can record something on the spot using the round camera icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you’ve media on the screen, tap on the sticker icon at the top. Or, swipe up from the bottom of the page.
- On doing so, a menu will show up on the screen. Select the music sticker from this menu.
- Instagram’s music library will open next. You can browse through the recommendations on Instagram, look into different categories of music, or you can search for something using the search bar.
- Select the music you like, and it will open on the screen with a slider at the bottom.
- Adjust the slider to select what part of music you want to have.
- As of now, you can only have 15 seconds of music play on your stories. But you do get to decide what 15 seconds they will be.
- Then, you can choose how the music sticker will appear on the screen
- You can choose to have lyrics play. Or, you can choose to have the album sticker.
- You can resize the sticker/ lyrics and place them anywhere on the screen.
- When you’re done adding music, you can edit your story further using the other editing options you get on the screen. Doing this is optional, though.
- Once you’re ready to post the story on Instagram, tap on the “Your Story” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
And, that’s it! Your story containing music will be posted on Instagram!
How To Find Music On Instagram Reels?
The kind of music you add to your reels goes a long way in deciding how successful it is going to be on Instagram. And so, if you want more views and engagement on your reels, you need to select the right music from the plethora of options available.
You can do this by learning how to search for music on Instagram reels. The steps for the same are as follows:
- Go to the reels section of your Instagram account.
- Then, you can tap on the music sticker in the vertical sidebar on the left. Or, you can first upload a video from your gallery, record something on the spot, and then select the music icon from the top of the screen while editing.
- Following either of these ways will present you with Instagram music library. You can select something from your saved items or any of the categories present.
- After you select something, use the slider to adjust the audio portion you want on your reel.
- Tap on “Done,” located at the top right corner of the screen once you’ve selected your music.
- You can edit your reel further if you want to. Once done, tap on “Share” to post it on Instagram!
And, done! You now know how to find music on Instagram reels! However, if you can’t find popular songs on Instagram music library, i.e., the songs currently trending and guarantee a higher reach, don’t worry. Just go to the reels section of Instagram and start scrolling through.
At the bottom of every reel, you get the title of the audio being used. If you see an upward arrow along with the title of the audio, then it means that the audio is currently trending on Instagram. Tap on it, and you will be taken to the audio page. You can select the “Use Audio” option from there to use the audio for your reel.
How To Add Music To An Instagram Post?
Learning how to find music on Instagram can also help you make your posts more fun. So, if you want to add music to your Instagram post, the below-mentioned steps will guide you:
- Upon opening Instagram, tap on the Plus icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, when your camera roll opens in the “Post” section, select all the pictures you want to post on Instagram. After selecting, tap the arrow icon at the screen’s top right corner.
- On the next page, the music icon will be located at the top of the screen. Select it, and Instagram’s music library will open.
- Here, you can search for the music you wish to have with your post.
After you’re done selecting the music, you can share your post on Instagram.
Okay, everyone! We’ve reached the bottom of this article, and so I hope you guys have understood how to find music on Instagram! In this post, we looked at three ways to make our Instagram stories, posts, and reels more fun and engaging! So, use these methods whenever needed and take your Instagram game to the next level!