The iMessage feature was launched in 2011, and by now, we all are aware of how insanely helpful it is. There’s no limit to what you can do and accomplish with iMessage. But wait, what to do when you get some error? I mean, how to fix an iMessage activation unsuccessful error? Surely, there must be a way?
Yes, there is a way! And I, a kind and empathetic savior am going to help you get rid of all those errors and more. I’ve had a few tricks up my sleeve, and now it’s time to share them with you. It’s not just iPhone, I also know some easy ways to fix iMessage not working on Mac error. Believe me when I say that I happen to have remedies to half of your worldly problems.
And I understand that we need to get your messaging service up and running again. You shouldn’t have to wait to add people on iMessage and start texting again! So, without further ado, let’s get started with the remedies to our issues!
Here’s How To Fix iMessage Activation Errors! 4 Easy Ways Below!
iMessage activation unsuccessful errors have become quite common for iPhone users nowadays. If you’ve been facing the annoying iMessage activation unsuccessful error or the FaceTime activation error message, I’m here to help. Below I’ll be enlisting some easy-to-follow methods to help you in getting rid of these issues. Make sure to read this article till the end. Because if one method doesn’t work, you can always proceed to the other.
And even if nothing else works, I’ve something for that too!
1# Some Common iMessage Waiting for Activation Error Messages:
Before we look at the solutions, it will be wise to understand the nature and types of problems one might face. According to Apple, these are some common iMessage waiting for activation messages. Getting so many different messages for the same issue can get pretty confusing. These problems are as follows:
- Waiting for activation.
- Activation unsuccessful.
- An error occurred during activation.
- Could not sign in, please check your network connection
- Unable to connect to the iMessage server, try again.
2# Check These Things First!
Before we get started with fixing the issues, there are some things that we need to make sure are orderly. Otherwise, our troubleshooting methods can get affected. Now, we don’t want that, do we?
So, make sure that your OS is updated. To check the same:
- Go the settings
- Then select “General.”
- The second option will be “Software Update.”
- Click on that option.
Make sure that you’re connected to a wifi network or a strong cellular connection. Both of these can be checked in the Settings app itself.
Make sure that the date and time are correct. To check this, follow these steps:
- Go to settings.
- Go to General
- Click on Date & Time.
- An easy option is to select “Set Automatically.”
It’s also crucial to ensure that your carrier supports iMessage. Contact your carrier to make sure that there aren’t any limits on your text message plan. Because if there is, then it might be interfering with your face time and iMessage activation.
3# Different Methods Of Fixing The Activation Unsuccessful Error!
Now, after we’ve understood the nature and types of problems and checked a few things it’s time to learn about the different remedies for our common problems.
1# Metod 1
- Go to settings
- Scroll down until you locate “Messages.”
- Tap on “Messages.”
- Swipe the toggle left to turn off iMessages.
- Do the same with the FaceTime option. Swipe the toggle to turn the FaceTime off.
- From the settings, turn on Airplane Mode.
- Turning on the Airplane mode will turn off the wifi as well.
- Then, tap on wifi, and toggle it on.
- Go back to Settings.
- Go to Messages.
- There, toggle iMessage on.
- Similarly, select FaceTime from the settings and turn it on.
- For the last time, go back to Settings, and turn off the Airplane Mode.
- A message may appear that says that your carrier may charge for SMS.
- Tap on Ok.
- For the last time, toggle iMessage and FaceTime on and off again from their respective settings.
- Now, we wait.
We wait and give some time to iMessage, and it will activate. It is one of the most popular ways to get iMessage to start working again. It was discovered by iMessage users themselves and not Apple!
2# Method 2
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down until you reach ‘Messages.’
- Tap on it.
- Tap on send and receive.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- From a pop-up that appears, select ‘Sign Out.’
- Then go back and toggle the iMessage off.
- Toggle FaceTime off if the issue is with it.
- Now, go to wifi.
- Toggle wifi off and then on again.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- After that, you can toggle iMessage on again.
- Tap on Send & Receive.
- Tap on “Use your Apple ID for iMessage.”
- Enter your login credentials when prompted and tap on Sign in
I hope this will allow you to enable iMessage and FaceTime. But, if you’re still facing errors, then there are two more methods to try!
3# Method 3
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Scroll down to Messages.
- Tap on Messages.
- Toggle iMessage off.
- Go back to settings, and from there, select FaceTime.
- Toggle FaceTime off.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing the Sleep/ Wake button and the side button.
- Slide right when the screen says, “Slide to power off.”
- Turn your phone on again.
- Go to settings.
- Tap on Messages.
- Toggle the iMessage on again.
- Go back to settings.
- Select the FaceTime option.
- Toggle the FaceTime option on.
4# Method 4
If you’re still facing issues with activation, I’ve one last method to help you out. But, as I said before, if this doesn’t work, I’ll have something then too!
- Go to the settings app.
- Tap on General.
- In General, keep scrolling till you find the “Transfer or Reset iPhone” option. Tap on it.
- Tap on Reset.
- From the bunch of different options that appear, tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
- Enter your passcode.
Note that this procedure will not erase any information from your device except your wifi password and Bluetooth settings. When you log into your wifi network, you’ll have to re-enter your password.
So, this was how to fix an iMessage activation unsuccessful error. But if none of the above-mentioned methods worked and you’re still facing activation issues, then give your iPhone 24 hours to activate iMessage. All these troubleshooting methods may not make iMessages work immediately. They may start working within the twenty-four-hour window.
However, if it is not working even after that, it’s time to contact your cellular service provider or carrier.
Until then, stay tuned with us for more such remedial content!