Do you want to go back to old Instagram or in other words want to un update Instagram? Well, I guess there’s some issue going on with your Instagram app, and that’s why you have decided to do so. Don’t worry because here’s a helpful guide for you that talks about how to go back to old Instagram!
I know whenever you see a new update on Instagram, you get jubilant about it. But you’ll be astonished to know that not all users find these updates pleasing. That’s because sometimes, updates lead to the entry of bugs or some other issue. If you are also facing the same issue, better to look carefully at how to go back to old Instagram.
Getting back to old Instagram is not as tough as understanding the new Instagram web interface update. So, let’s start figuring out how to go back to old Instagram!
Table of Contents
How To Go Back To Old Instagram? Get The Old Version Right Now!
Before we proceed, I would like to suggest having a backup of your Instagram account. It’s important these days and doing this does not require you to go back to previous versions of the social media platform.
As of now, let’s get back to the point and learn how to go back to old Instagram!
How To Go Back To Old Instagram?
If you are no longer interested in using the latest version of Instagram to remove made with effect or etc., here are some steps to guide you to get back to old Instagram.
- Start by uninstalling the current version of Instagram on your phone. After doing this, you can easily download any version of it.
- Now, the next step is to download Instagram, which is not possible from Google Play Store. Rather, you need to look for the apk file of a previous version of Instagram.
- Up next, you need to download the previous version of Instagram manually. For this, you need to move the file to the storage of your phone.
- Now, you need to run the file and permit it to install an unknown APK.
- Finally, you will see the downloaded app. You need to click on it to check and start using the app.
Meanwhile, you may get messages from Google Play to remove the old version. But you can get rid of this by disabling messages on Google Play.
How To Go Back To Old Instagram To Recover Messages?
Recovering messages is easy in comparison to any other activity on Instagram. For this, you need not downgrade your Instagram or take assistance from third-party software. Rather it can be done by ones’ ownself in the blink of an eye!
Just like you can recover deleted Instagram accounts, you can recover messages from old Instagram. So, just stop wondering and note down these helpful steps:
- First, open the Instagram app and then go to your profile section.
- Now, open the settings section and click ‘Continue’ to tap on ‘Download your data’.
- After this, you need to fill in the email and password of your account.
- Once the verification is done, you’ll receive an email where you need to click on ‘Download information’.
- Once again enter the asked details of your Instagram account and tap on ‘Download information’.
- The next moment you’ll be able to see a Zip file which you need to unzip and click on the ‘Chat’ section.
- Finally, you’ll get all the chats in front of you.
Now, you can save all the chats you wish.
Why Has Your Instagram Layout Changed?
If you are witnessing a change in the layout of Instagram, it indicates that a new update has rolled out.
Interestingly, whenever there is a change in the layout, it happens because of the experimental changes in the new update. But usually, layout changes are experienced by those who sign up for the Instagram beta program. After everything goes well, the update gets implemented for normal Instagram users.
If you have understood all about how to go back to old Instagram, you should start executing the steps from now onwards. Also, don’t forget to share the word about the same topic within your peer group. Your friends may also find these steps helpful!
Apart from this, you can also read out articles on how to block someone from seeing your post and how to change the location on Instagram business profile.
Why Did My Instagram Go Back To The Old Version?
If your Instagram is going back to the old version, then it means there’s a new update that you need to download.
How To Update Instagram?
Well, updating Instagram depends on the device you use. Some devices take time to reflect the update whereas others show it immediately. But some common steps that you can perform are:
Launch the Instagram app.
Now, click on the three small lines on the top of the screen.
Up next, click on settings and press the update button.
Why Am I Not Getting The Latest Version Of Instagram?
If you are unable to get the latest version of Instagram, you should know that it’s available on the App store and Google Play store.
Can I Use An Old Version Of Instagram?
Yes, you can use an old version of Instagram but it may not work well in comparison to the new version of Instagram.
How To Get My Instagram Back To Normal?
If you are facing an issue while logging in to your Instagram account, better try these steps:
Consider resetting your Instagram password if you are unable to recall it.
Clear all Caches and cookies.
Reset the settings of your network.
If nothing works for you, try some other device or a different browser.
Can I Download An Older Version Of Instagram iOS?
Yes, you can download an older version of Instagram iOS from the Apple store.
Can I Install Previous Versions Of Other Applications As Well?
Just like you get back the previous version of Instagram, you can use the same method to get old versions of any other app. But you should remember that by doing this you get access to limited functions. As a result, you might not be able to use the recent filters and aesthetic visuals.