Going live isn’t just for apps like Twitch or Instagram. You can easily go live on Twitter as well. This is possible on the Twitter mobile app and supports both iPhones and Android. There is no way to go live on the Twitter desktop, though. So if you want to know how to go live on Twitter, this guide should be handy for you.
Twitter is hands-down one of the best sources for everything. You can get any knowledge and relevant information and connect with new people on it. Everyone of significance is on Twitter. Celebrities, influencers, politicians, and any other kind of change-maker – you name it. If they are famous, they probably have a Twitter account. This presence of people makes it a great place to exchange ideas.
This brings up knowing how to go live on Twitter. You can go live on Twitter through the camera option in the Twitter app on your phone. You can broadcast all the important information along with the video. Twitter also allows you to add other people to the broadcast, make it just an audio broadcast, and much more.
If you want to hop over to Twitter in the hopes that you can connect with your followers, then going live is a great place to start. Twitter is not interactive and polished as other streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube. Another important thing to know is what Twitter loses out in features, it gains in followers. If you want to be heard and already have an audience on Twitter, then going live on Twitter is the best option for you.
How To Go Live On Twitter? A Step-By-Step And Easy Guide!
Live broadcasts that we most commonly see on Twitter are news channel broadcasts. There are breaking news broadcasts as well as live happenings of events. Going live on Twitter has also been picked up by sports teams. While there is no direct telecast of the gameplay of matches, ‘watchathons’ and live score broadcasts are quite common.
Twitter is also pumping out new features to keep its audiences hooked. To match the competition of online audio services like Clubhouse, it rolled out the Spaces feature. You also have lots of privacy options to keep your account safe and options to Mute things on Twitter if you don’t like them. You can do a lot as you please, and going live is one of them.
How To Start A Live Video On Twitter? How To Go Live On Twitter?
As previously mentioned, one key thing about going live on Twitter. Normally you can only do that from your phone. Follow the steps below to start your first live broadcast and engage with your followers.
- On your iPhone or Android phone, open the Twitter app. Your homepage will be the first page to open.
- On the bottom right corner, you will see a compose Tweet button. Click on the button.
- In the new window that will open, you will see various options. There will be a Camera, Gallery, etc. Click on the camera button.
- If you haven’t given Twitter permission to access your camera, the app will ask permission to access your device’s camera. Note – to start a live stream, you need to give camera and mic access to the Twitter application.
- After giving permission, Twitter will open its camera viewfinder.
- On the bottom right, you will see the option Live. Swipe right to access the Live option.
- On the new screen, you will have a lot of options to configure your Livestream before you start. In the What’s Happening section, you can add the title to your live broadcast. This will be the Tweet to your Livestream. You can also switch the Livestream from an audio and video stream to just audio. You will also have the option to flip the camera to the back view. Finally, you can add a live location to your Livestream if you want.
- After configuring your broadcast, press the Go Live button to go live on Twitter.
And that’s it. You’re done! Your broadcast will appear on the top of the feed of everyone following you. You can also schedule a Livestream in advance. This will ensure there is an audience present to witness you. You can now interact and build your online presence in a much more active and seamless way.
Invite Guests To Your Twitter Livestream | How To Go Live On Twitter?
Inviting guests to your Livestream is a great way to leverage an audience. Before you press the Go Live button, you can invite people to be on your stream. They will get a DM and a notification asking to be a part of your Livestream. Search for the person’s username, tap on send, and that’s it. As long as they follow you, they will get a request from your side to join.
After you are done with going live on Twitter, another important aspect is to end the Livestream. Luckily that is just as easy as starting it. On the top left corner of your Livestream on Twitter, you will see an option that looks like a cross. Tap on the button, and Twitter will ask for confirmation. Tap on Stop Broadcast, and your Livestream will come to an end. You can then view your stream’s stats, edit it, and post it as a Tweet for those who missed it.
Knowing how to go live on Twitter could not have been easier than this. The process is straightforward. It might feel intimidating for someone who has never done a Livestream before. Once you become familiar with the process, it’s as easy as composing a Tweet or unrolling a Twitter thread. What else on Twitter do you need help with? Let us know in the comments below, and we will try our best to help you!