It’s nice to see the memories you’ve created once in a while. To do this, you can go back to your old photos and videos and have a look at them again. And here, I’m not just talking about pulling out your old dusty albums and flipping through their pages. I’m talking about going through your Snapchat memories.
So, do you know how to go to memories on Snapchat? Because that is what you’ll need to pull off this nostalgic trip down memory lane!! No worries if you don’t know how that is done, just read this article till the end and you’ll find it out!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Look At Memories On Snapchat!
Memories happen to be one of the best features of Snapchat. Snaps are known to disappear as soon as you open them. But hey, so is not the case when you save them as memories. And the best part of the whole is that you can revisit your Snapchat memories– whenever you want to. For this, you only have to open Snapchat and tap on the card icon present to the left of the camera icon.
This sounds fairly simple and straightforward, right? Well, it is. However, you can still choose to learn how to go to Memories on Snapchat in a little more detail. On top of that, by the time you reach the bottom of this article, you will also get to learn how to get Snapchat memories back in case you can’t seem to find them! But, for all of this to happen, you need to keep scrolling till the end!
How To Go To Memories On Snapchat?
You already have a short answer to how to go to memories on Snapchat. And it’s completely okay if this short isn’t sufficient for you. For a detailed guide on the same, follow these steps:
- Start by opening the Snapchat app on your device.
- By default, Snapchat opens to the Camera screen.
- To the left of the round camera button, you will have a card-like icon. Tap on it.
And, done! You now have all your Snapchat memories right in front of you. Here’s an alternate method for achieving the same: Upon opening the Snapchat app, swipe up from the round camera button. That’s it. You now have the memories section open right in front of you.
Also, just from the Memories section, you can keep swiping right to have a look at your saved stories, your camera roll, screenshots you’ve taken, and also the “my eyes only” section.
How To Save All Snapchat Memories?
Now that you know how to go to memories on Snapchat, I’m sure you’re going through all your past memories. And once you do that, there will be some memories that you’ll also want to save to your device. Well, here’s how you can make that happen:
- Locate the memory you wish to save and open it.
- Then, tap on the three dot icon located at the top right corner of the memory.
- A menu will show up on the screen from which you have to select the “Export Snap” option.
- Next, select the Download option.
And, done! Your memory will now be saved to your device. You will be able to see it even when you’re offline! Also, just so you don’t have to save every memory manually from then on, you can choose to have your memories saved to your camera roll as well, directly. Here’s how this can be done:
- After you’ve opened Snapchat, go to your profile section by tapping on your Bitmoji present at the top left side of the screen.
- From there, tap on the gear icon located at the top right side of the page to open Settings.
- When the Settings menu appears, scroll down to the Memories option and tap on it.
- Lastly, from Save Destinations, you have to select the “Memories & Camera Roll” option.
How To Get Snapchat Memories Back?
Sometimes, we can end up deleting/losing our Snapchat memories and then want them back. Thankfully, Snapchat does have a system in place to make that happen. Here’s what the process will look like:
- Go to your profile page on Snapchat.
- From there, go to the Settings menu by tapping on the gear icon located at the top right of the screen.
- Here, you will have the My Data option present at the bottom. Tap on it.
- Enter your username and password when prompted.
- You will now get to see all the kinds of data you can get from Snapchat. Then, enter the email address you want your data to be delivered.
And, that’s it. Snapchat will take some time– anywhere from 24 hours to a couple of days, to send you a copy of your data. From there, you can retrieve your Snapchat memories!
Okay then, people! This is how to go to memories on Snapchat! In this article, we looked at how we can visit our Snapchat memories when we want. Apart from that, we also looked at how we can save our memories to our devices so that we can view them offline. And in case, we end up losing our Snapchat memories for some reason, we discussed how to get them back as well. So, all in all, I hope you found this article helpful!