It can be hard to decide what posts, stories, and reels you want to have on your profile and what you wish to delete. Once you do delete something, after hours of contemplation, it’s normal to want to have it right back on your profile. And well, social media platforms like Instagram do understand this dilemma that users often have.
That is probably why they have the recently deleted section. But wait. Do you know how to go to recently deleted on Instagram? If not, then this article will explain it to you.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Go To Recently Deleted On Instagram!
There are a variety of ways to restore deleted Instagram content. For example:
- You can do it by going to the “Recently Deleted” folder on Instagram in your account’s “Your Activity” section.
- You can visit the “Archives” section and look for your deleted content there.
- Also, if you use an Android, your previous Instagram posts will be in the File Manager.
- If you use iPhone, you can go to the Photos/ Albums section for the same.
Nothing is truly ever lost or deleted from Instagram. Once you know how to go to recently deleted on Instagram in a bit more detail, you can get back all the content you think you’d lost. So, keep scrolling for that!
How To Restore Deleted Instagram Posts Using The In-App Folder?
One of the most straightforward ways to see and restore content you’ve deleted from your Instagram account is to go to the “Recently Deleted” folder present in the “Your Activity” center. To know how to go to recently deleted on Instagram this way, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Instagram app and go to your profile section by tapping on the icon present at the bottom right corner of the page.
- Once you’re there, select the three-line icon situated at the top right side of the screen.
- A menu will open up next. Select the “Your Activity” option represented by a dotted clock now.
- The “Your Activity” section will appear on the screen now. Here, under the “Removed and archived content” section, you will have the “Recently deleted” option represented by a bin symbol. Tap on it.
- And, done. You will now have all your recently deleted content on the screen.
- There will be number of days like “23 days” or “4 days” present at the bottom left corner of each story and post. The content will be permanently deleted after the number of days indicated. You only have until then to restore them if that is what you want to do.
- To restore something, tap on it, and it will appear on your screen.
- Then, tap on the three dot icon present at the bottom right corner of it.
- A small menu will show up at the bottom of the screen. Select “Restore”.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen to tell you what will happen if you choose to restore the story. If you’ve deleted the story in the past 24 hours, it will be restored like normal, and people will be able to interact with it.
- In case you’ve deleted the story from your archives, it will be restored in the Archives only.
- If you agree to this happening, choose “Restore” in blue.
And, that’s it! You now know how to recover deleted content on Instagram!
How To Go To Recently Deleted On Instagram Using The Archives Feature?
Quite often, Instagram users end up getting confused between archiving and deleting a piece of content. So well, it’s possible that, instead of deleting an Instagram post, you’ve simply chosen to archive it. And now that you want to have it back, you will have to visit the Archives section of your profile. Here’s how to go to recently deleted on Instagram using this method:
- Go to the profile section of your Instagram account and tap on the hamburger icon present at the top right side.
- Then, to go to archives, you’ve two different ways:
- You can either select the “Your Activity” option from here and then go to Archives from the “Removed and archived content” section.
- Or, you can simply select the “Archive” option present in the menu itself.
- Selecting either of these will take you to the same place.
- When Archives open, by default, you’re going to be at the “Stories archive”. Tap on the downward arrow you will see at the top of the screen to change this.
- On doing so, you will have a small menu at the bottom of the screen. Choose “Posts Archive” option from it.
- Now, you will get to see all the posts you’ve archived. Tap on the one you wish to restore.
- Upon tapping, the post will appear on the screen. When it does, tap on the three dot icon located at the top right corner of it.
- A small menu will then appear on the screen. Choose the “+ Show on Profile” option from it.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear then. Choose the “Show on profile” option in blue.
And, done! Your post will now be unarchived!
How To Go To Recently Deleted On Instagram Android?
If you use an Android device, then you can go to the File Manager app to look for your Instagram pictures and videos. But, this will only be possible if you’ve got the option to save pictures locally enabled. And in case you’ve done something like this, follow these steps:
- Go to the File Manager app on your Android device.
- Select the Internal Storage option from here.
- Then, scroll down to the “Pictures” folder and tap on it.
- Here, all your pictures will be categorized on the basis of different apps. Select “Instagram” from the list.
And, done. You will now get to see all your Instagram posts here— even the ones you had deleted.
How To Go To Recently Deleted On Instagram On iPhone?
If you use an iPhone or an iPad, then you can check the Photos app to find your Instagram posts. But again, as was the case with Android, this will only happen if you’ve enabled the option to save posts locally. In case you’ve done this, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Photos app of your device.
- Tap on the Albums icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Here, you will find the Instagram folder. Tap on it.
And, that’s it. You will now get to see all of your Instagram posts!
This is how to go to recently deleted on Instagram, people! In this article, I walked you guys through four different methods you can see and restore your deleted posts on Instagram. So, follow whichever of these methods meets your requirements the best and reconcile with your long lost Instagram posts! Oh and, if you encounter any difficulties mid-way, please know that you can always reach out to me via the comments section!