Do you want exclusive rights over a filter that you didn’t even make? I mean, did you use some fun filter but don’t want others to know about it? Ahh well, it’s okay. You can stop others from finding out the secret filter in question, you can do some things to hide its name from your story. But for that, you need to know how to hide filter name on Instagram story 2023. So, keep reading this article!
Now, you may be wondering if you’re even going to find an answer to how to remove filter name from Instagram story. Because Instagram is one of those social media platforms that are trying to be more and more transparent with their users. In such a scenario, why would the app want to hide the name of some filter? Obviously, it would want more and more users to discover it and use it.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Hide Filter Name On Instagram Story | The Only Method That You Need To Know!
Well, you may be feeling as if nothing will help you with how to hide filter name on Instagram story. However, we live in a tech-advanced world that has a workaround for everything. This means you can use any filter on your Instagram stories, and still not have others find out.
So, keep reading to know how to remove filter name from Instagram story 2023! In this article, I’ll be shaing one easy way of doing so!
How To Hide Filter On Instagram Story 2023?
Instagram has a range of amazing filters. Some of them are super popular and others not so much. Whenever one stumbles upon a unique filter that gives a top-quality picture for Instagram, they want to keep the details of the filter to themselves.
If you’re someone like that too and want to know how to hide filter on Instagram story, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the Plus icon at the top right corner and select the Story option from the drop-down menu that appears. Or, swipe right from the main home feed to open the Camera section.
- Take a picture using any of the filters available.
- You can search a new filter using the search filter option and take a picture using that.
- Now, after you’ve taken a photo, you can add text, different stickers, etc edits to your picture.
- After you’re done, do not share the picture, i.e. do not tap on the “Your Story” options available at the bottom left.
- Instead, you need to save the picture you’ve just clicked by tapping on the download icon located at the top right of the screen.
- After you’ve saved the picture, discard the one that you just took.
- Now, camera will open again.
- Instead of clicking anything new, tap on the gallery icon located at the bottom left.
- Upload the picture that you just took.
- You can edit the picture that you took further if you want to.
- Now, tap on “Your Story” or the green “Close Friends” option located at the bottom to post the story.
And, that’s it! You can view your story by going to the home feed and tapping on your profile picture at the top left. By doing so, you’ll find that the filter name on your story is no longer available.
How To Hide Filter Name On Instagram Reels?
If you are tired after searching for how to hide filter name on Instagram reels and haven’t come up with an answer yet, your search ends here. Once you upload an Instagram, there is no option available that will allow you to remove the filter name from your reels. Though, there is a workaround discussed above on how to hide the filter you used on Instagram story, there is none to hide filter name on Instagram reels.
How Do You Remove Filters/Special Effects From A Reel?
There is a simple way to remove special effects from a reel. However, there is a catch. You can only remove special effects from a reel that you are going to upload and not one that has already been uploaded. Now, to remove special effects from a reel, here are the steps you can follow.
- Open Instagram and swipe left to open the story section.
- From there, you can select the “Reel” option to record or upload a new reel.
- Once you have selected the media that you want to upload as a reel, hit the ‘add’ button, followed by ‘next’.
- After that, if you click on the little stars option present at the top of the screen accidentally, you will be able to add an effect to the reel.
- To remove the special effect, you have to click on the little stars once again and find the special effect outlined with blue from the grid.
- Once you tap on the effect with the blue grid, you will see that the special effect/filter will be removed from the reel automatically.
- Now you can go back to your reel and upload the clip without any special effects/filters.
How To Remove Filters From IG Videos?
You cannot edit out the filters used on an Instagram story. However, if you want to edit the face and hand effects on an Instagram upload, the following are the steps you can follow-
- Open Instagram on your Android or iOS device.
- On your profile section, tap on the top right corner followed by a click on Settings.
- From Settings, select the option Privacy.
- Next click on Face and Hand Effects.
- You can turn the toggle on or off to change the settings of your hand and face effects.
Note: If you can’t find this setting on your Instagram, don’t be disheartened as the option is only available in a few limited regions.
Alright, people! That’s it for today’s post! So, I hope you know how to hide filter on Instagram story! In this article, I walked you through some easy steps of hiding/ removing the filter name from the photos that you post in your story! If you know some other way of doing the same, please share it with us in the comments below!
Also, if you’ve got a friend who doesn’t like sharing the name of the filters they use, please share this article with them! Because knowing how to hide filter name on Instagram story will help them have exclusive rights to the filters that they didn’t make as well!
Can you use Instagram story filters on photos already taken?
Yes, you can use Instagram story filters on photos that you’ve already taken. Upload an image from your gallery by tapping on the small square icon at the bottom left and select an image from your photo gallery. After you have selected the image from the gallery, you can apply a filter to it before posting.
Did Instagram change 2022 stories?
In February 2022, Instagram rolled out an update that enabled users to like stories without sending a DM. This implies that you can ‘like’ an image or video shared as a story and it won’t appear on the user’s DM list. The like notification will appear on their viewers’ list below the story itself. This means, you don’t necessarily have to reply to a story anymore.
Why does Instagram look different 2023?
Instagram looks different in 2023 because of the changed layout of the app. Now, reels take more priority over other kinds of photo and video content.
How to find trending filters for IG reels?
If you are facing difficulties in finding trending filters that other content creators have used on their reels, we are here to help you out with that. To find trending filters for Instagram reels, following are the steps that you will be required to follow-
1. Open Instagram on your device and tap on the “+” icon located at the bottom of your screen.
2. Select ‘Reel’ from the drop-down menu.
3. Once you are on the new screen, select the stars option located at the top right corner of your screen.
4. On the new screen, you will see a grid with different options and filters/ special effects.
5. To find trending filters, tap on ‘Trending’ present at the center of your screen.
6. If you want to save a filter from the list, you can easily tap on it and then click on the ribbon icon present on the left side of the screen.
Can you edit a reel after posting?
Instagram allows you to make minor changes like editing the cover picture or caption of the reel once you have posted it. Besides that, any other changes in the reel video cannot be made after it is uploaded successfully on the platform. If there are any changes you wish to make in the reel video, you will be required to delete the original reel and re-upload it after making the edits.