Facebook, now Meta, has played a major role in bringing people closer and making the world nothing but a huge village. However, no amount of positive changes and effects can make us discount the fact that there comes a threat to our privacy and security by putting out ourselves and having the best profile on social media sites. Anybody can use your personal information against you. However, Facebook has introduced several features like hiding mutual friends, private posts, etc. So, in this article, I’ll tell you how to hide mutual friends on Facebook. Keep scrolling!
So, Facebook allows you to make changes in your privacy settings and hide your friends’ list if you don’t want to put it out for the world to see. In fact, not just this, the social media giant offers you a plethora of options to have full control over your profile and protect your privacy. There are several ways you can do this by. Like, you can hide mutual friends on Facebook.
On a web browser, you can edit the privacy settings of your Facebook account using the Settings option present on your profile’s home page. On an android device, you can do so by going to the Menu option, locating the Privacy and Security heading, and from there changing the setting of Who can see your friends list? option. The steps are similar for iOS users as well. Facebook also gives you the option to hide mutual friends on Facebook using Timeline. However, the latter is time-consuming as you’ve to repeat the same steps again and again.
If you want to know how to hide mutual friends on Facebook using different devices, keep reading. In this article, you’ll find all the methods and steps you can use to attain the highest levels of privacy so that you can post and use social site Facebook worry-free!
How To Hide Mutual Friends On Facebook | Follow These Steps And Protect Your Privacy!
Now, among all the various features that Facebook offers to its users, like downloading photos, and bumping posts, we’ll discuss how to hide mutual friends in Facebook.
How To Hide Mutual Friends On Facebook On Your Web Browser
Well, you can easily hide your mutual friends on Facebook simply by following these steps.
- Open the website and log in to your account.
- On your Facebook profile homepage, tap on the drop-down menu at the top-right corner.
- Among all the other options, select Settings & Privacy
- Then click on Settings.
- Just below Your Facebook Information option, select Privacy
- Scroll down slowly until you see the option Who Can See Your Friends List in how people can find and contact you.
- If it’s on Public, by default, everyone can view your friend list. But to change it, click on Edit.
- Out of all the options that you’ll get, select Only Me. (Selecting Only Me means that you’ll be the one and only person who can view your mutual friends who are on Facebook.)
This is the simple and easiest way to hide your mutual friends from anyone.
How To Hide Mutual Friends On Facebook On Your Android Device
If you happen to be one of those people who use Android and are not sure of how you can hide your mutual friends on Facebook, then these are the simple steps that you need to follow to get your job done.
Here go the Steps.
- Open the Facebook App on your Android device.
- Tap on the Menu bar.
- Scroll down and click on Settings and Privacy
- Tap on Who can see your friends list? Option. You’ll find the option under the How People Find and Contact You section
- Then finally, select Only Me
How To Hide Mutual Friends On Facebook On Your iOS Device
The fight between Android and iOS users will probably never end, but we can at least clarify if there is any confusion regarding any privacy issues. Now, if you are an iOS user, this is how you can hide your mutual friends on Facebook.
Follow these simple steps:
- Open the Facebook App on your iOS device
- Then tap on the Menu bar visible at the bottom right corner of your Apple device
- Now, tap on Settings, which is right at the bottom of the menu
- Then click on Account Settings and then tap on Privacy
- Scroll down slowly and carefully, then tap on Who can see your friends list?
- Select the Only Me option, which will allow you to be the only person who can view your mutual friends.
- Finally, save the settings, and you are done.
Yes, that is how simple and easy the process is.
How To Hide Your Mutual Friends From Your Facebook Timeline
We sometimes have come across people who do not have enough respect for other people’s privacy. So, it is our duty and responsibility to protect it. Now, you might have wondered how you can hide your mutual friends from your Facebook timeline, where much of your information is available publicly.
So these are a few steps that you need to follow to hide your mutual friends from the timeline.
- Open your Facebook account
- Then Go to your Profile
- From there, go to the Activity Log
- Then tap on Friends. Now, select your friends whom you want to hide as Mutual
- Finally, click on Save Settings, and you’re good to go.
Note: This is a process that you need to repeat repeatedly, as Facebook does not let you hide all your mutual friends at once.
So, this was how to hide your mutual friends on Facebook. In this article, we have discussed the steps for the same on multiple devices. You can use whatever method suits you the best and protect your privacy from strangers!