I’ve seen social media influencers lose their tons of followers by getting their Instagram accounts shadow-banned, hacked, and whatnot. Honestly, it’s a pain like no other, for both you and them. They will have to start from scratch again; make engaging posts, and trendy reels on viral songs so you can boost account engagement, gain more followers, etc. But, you know what? The whole of this starting from scratch thing can be avoided if someone knows how to make a backup account on Instagram.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Create A Backup Account On Instagram | A Method That Everyone Should Know!
Now, you may be wondering why take the additional burden of learning how to make a backup account on Instagram. And, why create a second Instagram account when managing the first account can get so hectic at times? And, that’s a valid question.
Well, to put it in the simplest of terms, understanding how to create a backup Instagram account can quite literally make you invincible in the digital space. If you ever happen to lose your main account, you already have a second one to fall back on. On top of that, if you take a backup of the data of your first account, onto the second one, the loss of your main account won’t even affect you one bit.
How To Make A Backup Account On Instagram
Now, the answer to how to make a backup account on Instagram is going to be slightly anti-climatic; it’s not what you’d have expected. Instagram doesn’t really allow you to create a ‘backup account’ as such.
However, what you can do is to create a second account. You can post things on the second account every now and then. You can promote the second one using the first account and ask your followers to give the second account a follow as well. Let them know that it’s a backup account that can be used in case your first one is lost.
Don’t get overwhelmed. Look at the bigger picture, you’ll have two Instagram accounts with a massive following. You can use both accounts to earn money on Instagram and whatnot! That’s just more fun!
So, if you want to know how to create a second Instagram account, follow these steps:
- Go to your main Instagram account.
- Tap on the profile icon located on the bottom right of the screen.
- In the profile section, tap on the three horizontal bars located on the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen. From the bunch of options that appear, select ‘Settings and privacy’, represented by a gear icon.
- In Settings, scroll down till you locate the ‘Add Account’ option and tap on it.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen with two options- Log into an existing account and Create a new account. Here, we will choose ‘Create new account’.
- Now, you will have to choose a new username.
- You can choose something that’s similar to your previous account so that it identifies them, or you can choose something entirely different.
- In the next step, enter a different email address.
- Enter the code sent to the email address that you just entered to confirm that it’s yours.
- Add a profile picture or skip that step for now.
- Then, keep following the on-screen instructions to finish setting up your account.
If you already happen to have an Instagram account, then you may not want to make another one. So, you can simply link the already existing one to the main one. The steps for the same are as follows:
- Go to your main Instagram account.
- Go to the profile section by tapping the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Then, tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up menu will appear on the screen.
- From there, choose ‘Settings and privacy’.
- Scroll down till you find the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Tap on ‘log into existing account’.
- There, add the details of your already existing account and log in.
That’s it! Your two accounts are now linked. You can very easily switch between them and post content on both!
How To Backup Your Instagram Account?
Now that you know how to make a backup account on Instagram, shouldn’t stop you from taking a backup of your Instagram account. So, read this section to do so.
Backup Your Instagram Account Using A Web Browser
If you’re going to use a web browser to take a backup of your Instagram account, then follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on a web browser of your choice.
- Click on Login.
- Enter your credential to log into your account.
- Click on the three-line icon located at the bottom of the sidebar on the left.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen. Choose “Your Activity” from there.
- Then, on the “Your Activity” page, locate the “Download your information” and click on it.
- Now, enter the email address you wish to receive the
- a copy of your information to.
- Select the Information format of your choice– you can choose either JSON or HTML.
- Click on ‘Next’ at the bottom.
- Now, you’ll be required to enter the password to your account.
- After you’ve entered the correct password, click on “Request Download”.
And, that’s it! You’ll get an email from Instagram that creates a link to the zip file containing your data within 30 days!
Backup Instagram Account Using iOS Or Android
If you’re going to use an iOS or Android device to take a backup of your Instagram account, then follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon located on the bottom right.
- Then, tap on the three horizontal bars located on the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear. From the options that appear, select ‘Your Activity’, represented by a clock.
- Here, scroll to the “Information you shared with Instagram” section.
- Tap on the “Download your information” option.
- A page titled ‘Download Your Information will appear on the screen’.
- Enter the email- address on which you wish to receive the link to your folder.
- Then tap on “Request Download”.
- You’ll be asked to enter your Instagram password.
And, that’s it! Instagram may take up anywhere between 48 hours to 30 days, to send you an email that contains a link to the zip folder that contains your data.
So, this was how to make a backup account on Instagram! I hope you found this article helpful and informative! And if you did, I hope you follow these steps and make a second Instagram account, only so that you, as a content creator, can become invincible on social media! Also, don’t forget to share this article with other influencers, who too need to understand how to make a backup account on Instagram! This will save them from suffering a heavy loss as well!
How Can I Transfer Followers From One Instagram Account To Another?
You can’t transfer followers from one Instagram account to another. The only way you can transfer followers is by asking your current followers to follow you on your second account as well.
What Is Instagram Backup Code?
The Instagram backup code is something that will allow you to log into your account in case you can’t access the passcode. You need to save this recovery code in a safe space so that when the need arises, like when your device gets stolen or formatted, you can easily access your account.
Can I Merge Two Instagram Accounts?
Yes, you can merge two Instagram accounts if you can log into both accounts and then, go to Preferences and Privacy, click on performance, then click on the merge accounts option.
What Is The 6 Digit Backup Code For Instagram?
When you add multiple devices to two-factor authentication on a single Instagram account, you’ll get a 6-digit login code from the authentication app on that device. But, before that one device will need to set up two-factor authentication through an authentication app. And, only then other devices can be added.
How Do I Turn Off My Instagram Backup Code?
If you want to turn off your Instagram Backup code, you need to turn off two-factor authentication by going to your Instagram account’s settings.