We believe there are different types of music lovers. One of the types has people who prefer keeping their music or playlist to themselves, as in private. Now, it does not necessarily mean they are selfish, it just means that maybe that is how they are comfortable. That’s all. So, in this article, we’ll precisely tell you How To Make A Private Playlist On Spotify?
Spotify has no wonder sorted our lives and helped us stream music for hours without any interruptions. Now, Spotify happens to be one of those apps that values and respects our privacy and gives us the choice to make our playlist public or private. Nevertheless, you have to make the decision for each of the playlists depending on your liking.
The online audio streaming application not only offers millions of songs but has a major collection of different types of podcasts. Without wasting any more time, let’s get into the details on how to make a private playlist on Spotify.
How To Make A Private Playlist On Spotify? Let’s Find Out!
Primarily we’ll tell you all the necessary steps in which you can make a private playlist on Spotify from both your smartphones and your computer. So, keep on reading, here it goes.
How To Make A Private Playlist On Spotify From An iPhone?
Follow the steps below carefully to make a private playlist on Spotify from your iPhone:
- Open the Spotify app, and sign in to your account.
- Tap on Your Library at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to the Playlists option, and open the playlist you want to make private.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on Make Private.
Yes, it was that simple of a task. This is how you make a playlist private on Spotify from an iPhone.
How To Make A Private Playlist On Spotify From An Android Device?
Follow the steps below one at a time to make a private playlist on Spotify from your Android device:
- Launch the Spotify app and log in to your account.
- Go to the Your Library option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the Playlists option to view your playlists and select the one you wish to make private.
- You’ll notice the three dots at the top right corner of your screen, tap on them.
- Then tap on Make Private.
This is how you make a playlist private on Spotify from your Android device.
How To Make A Private Playlist On Spotify From A Computer?
Spotify does not only let you make a private playlist from your smartphone but also a computer. Follow these steps, and you’ll be good to go.
- Open the Spotify desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Select the playlist that you wish to make private from the left sidebar. You’ll be able to see all your playlists under the Playlists option.
- You’ll notice a profile icon at the upper right corner of the screen, click on it.
- Then click on Private Session to make the playlist private.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
This section will answer a couple of your other questions regarding playlist privacy settings on Spotify.
Why Am I Not Being Able To See The “Make Private” Option While Trying To Make A Playlist Private?
This can be a common issue faced by several Spotify users. There may be times when you will only notice the Make Public option while trying to make a playlist private.
This happens because the playlist is already in private mode, and you can only turn it public. Hence you see the Make Public option in the first place.
What Does A Private Playlist Mean On Spotify?
If you make a playlist private or your playlists are private from beforehand, then no user in your Spotify profile can view that particular playlist. Turning a playlist private will certainly not make any difference in how you view your playlists.
Nevertheless, if you happen to share a private playlist on any social media or via direct message, then the receiver on the other side will have access to see, play, and share it. Moreover, if any of your private playlists have any followers previously, in that case, they can display it on their profiles.
Is It Possible To Make A Collaborative Playlist Private?
Well, on Spotify, you can certainly turn any playlist private, even if it happens to be a collaborative playlist. If you turn a collaborative playlist private, it will no longer be displayed on your profile, and no other user can see it. But having said that, keep in mind that the playlist will continue to be visible in the other user’s profiles, and they will also have the option to edit it.
Is It Possible For Other Users To See Which Playlists I’ve Played On Spotify?
Spotify, by default, lets all users see your public playlists and your recently-played playlists as well. If you want to conceal any of your recently played songs or playlists, all you need to do is turn on the Private Session.
How To Turn On A Private Session On Spotify?
Follow these steps to turn on a Private Session On Spotify from your smartphone:
- Open the Spotify application.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen to access the Settings option.
- Scroll down slowly to the Social option.
- Switch the toggle button next to the Private Session. If it’s green, then the Private Session is on.
Also, Read | How To Repeat Songs In Spotify? 4 Best Ways!
Well, now you’ll be able to make a private playlist on Spotify whenever or from wherever you feel like. All the above-mentioned steps are meant for both your smartphone and your computer. So you do not need to worry anymore. Let us know if the article helped you and if it was informative enough. And also, do not forget to give us your feedback if you think we missed out on something. Good suggestions are always welcome.