Do you know how to make a private story on Instagram, even if you have a public account? If you do not already know, you can limit who sees your Instagram story on the social media app with the help of some features. So if you want to know how to make a private story on Instagram, you have come to the right place. We will help you make your IG stories private with the help of some easy steps.
Even though the close friends list and the hide story option have been available on the app Instagram for quite some time, not a lot of users know about them. If you have a public account on Instagram, you might have to think a lot about uploading something on your stories because you do not want to upload content for all users. If you are facing the same issue, then you should know how to make a private story on Instagram.
We will be discussing how to make a private story on Instagram with the help of two quick and effective ways. You can also check out how to flirt on Instagram with the help of some sneaky tricks and how to get rid of comments on your Instagram live.
Table of Contents
How To Make A Private Story On Instagram?
If you have no idea about how to make a private story on Instagram, then here are some steps on how to make a private story on Instagram for you to follow. You might also want to know how to make Instagram stories longer with Music stickers and how to know if someone declines your message request on Instagram.
But before you go on to explore these tutorials, let’s take a look at how to make a private story on Instagram in two easy ways.
How To Make A Private Story On Instagram | Close Friends List!
If you are curious to know how to make a private story on Instagram, then here are steps on how to make a private story on Instagram with the help of the Close Friends list.
- Open Instagram on your device, and tap on the profile icon on the bottom left of the Instagram home page.
- Once you are on the profile page of your Instagram, tap on the three horizontal lines provided in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the Settings option from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Select the Privacy option from your Settings page.
- Find the Stories tab and tap on the Close Friends option.
- Now you can add the people that you want to add to your close friends list and tap on done.
- You can now tap on the plus icon on the Instagram home page and tap on Story to create a story.
- Once you have edited the story, select the Close friends option rather than the Your Story option, and your story will be uploaded for your close friends.
- The people who are not on your close friends list will not be able to see the story.
How To Make A Private Story On Instagram | Hide Story!
Now that you know how to make a private story on Instagram by uploading it for specific people. Here are some steps on how to make a private story on Instagram by hiding your stories from specific people on your Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the Plus icon provided on the home page of your Instagram.
- Select the story option to start creating a story.
- Once you have created the story, tap on the Your Story option to upload it to your account.
- After uploading the story, tap on your story to view it.
- Tap on the three dots provided at the bottom of your story and select the Story Settings option from the menu.
- Once you are on the Story Settings, tap below the Hide Story from section, and add the people you want to hide your story from.
- Once you have added the usernames that you want to hide the story from, simply go back, and you can upload as many stories as you want without wondering how to hide them from specific people.
We have covered everything about how to make a private story on Instagram so that you can upload IG stories for selected people. You can also learn how to turn off shopping notifications on Instagram and how to do the symmetrical challenge on Instagram stories and Reels.
We have also covered how to pin chats on Instagram DMs and how to do video selfie verification for your Instagram account. You can also stay tuned with us if you want to know more about the latest Instagram features and updates and how to access them on your account.
What happens if you share a private Instagram Story?
If you share a private Instagram story only the people that you have approved from your followers will be able to view the story. It is also notable that if you do not use hashtags on your stories, other people who do not follow you will not be able to view your story until and unless they visit your profile.
Can you secretly look at someone’s Instagram story?
Even though there is no direct way to watch someone’s story on Instagram anonymously there are sneaky ways to do it. The best way is to open the Instagram app and find the account of the person whose story you want to watch anonymously. Now turn on the Airplane Mode o your phone, and you can now view the Instagram story of the person without notifying them.
Can you tell if someone searches you on Instagram?
No, you will not be able to tell if someone searches your username on Instagram. Instagram doe not notify users if someone views their profile or posts. Users can only check if someone has viewed their story after uploading it.
Who can see Instagram stories in a private account?
If you have a private account then your stories are only visible to the people that follow you. It is also notable that you can create close friends list as well as you can hide stories from your followers if you want to as well. These features are also available for public accounts on Instagram and they can also hide their stories from people if they want to.