Do you want to make your Instagram profile look aesthetically pleasing? If yes, then after you’ve taken care of your feed posts, you need to ensure that your highlights are nicely arranged too. And by nicely arranged, I mean, you also need to give your highlights beautiful covers that are consistent in fonts, color, and style. And, for this, you need to know how to make your own Instagram highlight covers. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Make Your Own Instagram Highlight Covers | Read This To Make Aesthetic Covers With Ease!
Also, having your own highlight covers isn’t just about aesthetics. In fact, they aren’t necessary either. But, if you run a business on Instagram, then highlight covers can be a great way of showing off your brand color palette, brand fonts, and overall brand tone to your followers. Plus, a visually appealing cover will always encourage your profile visitors to actually tap on the highlight and go through its content.
You see, there are numerous benefits to making your own highlight covers. And that’s why, you need to keep reading this article to know how to make your own Instagram highlight covers.
How To Make Your Own Instagram Highlight Covers?
Your Instagram highlight covers can be of a variety of styles, designs, or colors. You can choose anything that appeals to you, but you need to make sure that you maintain consistency with the fonts and colors you use.
So, if you want to make Instagram highlight covers that will light up your profile right from scratch, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Steps To Create An Instagram Highlight
Here, I’ll first tell you how to create an Instagram highlight. In case you already have one, you can proceed to the next section.
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right of the corner to visit your profile page.
- Right above your profile grid, you will have your highlights section.
- If you don’t have any new highlights, tap on “New” with a circle and a plus sign inside it.
- Your story archives will open. Scroll through them to select the stories that you want to be a part of your highlights.
- When you’re done selecting stories, tap on ‘Next’ at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, give a title to your highlights.
- Right here, you can tap on ‘Edit cover’ in blue to edit your highlight cover. Instagram picks one for you by default, but you always have the option to change it. You can do it now. Or, you can come back later and do it then.
- Then, tap on ‘Add’ at the top right corner of the screen.
And, that’s it! Your highlight will now be available on your page.
How To Make Your Own Instagram Highlight Covers Using Canva?
There are plenty of ways you can make your own Instagram highlight covers. You can download customizable templates from the net and then edit them according to your need. Or, you can make covers for yourself right from scratch. There are a variety of tools (design apps and software) that you can make use of to do this.
If you want to make your own Instagram highlight covers using Canva, one of the most user-friendly designing tools known to mankind, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Go to Canva.com. Canva has both free and paid versions. You can make use of the free one to design covers of your own, but you’ll still need to sign up or log in.
- In the search bar located at the top right corner of the screen, type “Instagram story highlights”. This will show you thousands of premade templates that you can edit.
- Now, browse through the list of thousands of templates and pick the one you like the best.
- The template will open in a separate screen.
- Here, you will find the option to edit the text, elements, and color of the template that you chose. Canva has tons of fonts, graphics, and color options that you can choose from. So, browse through whatever you’ve available and select what you think goes well with your profile. Also, this can take a while; making the “perfect” highlight cover is a lot about trial and error. So, remember to be patient.
- Once you’re done with the cover that you’ve made, click on “Share” located at the top right corner of the screen.
- A menu will appear on the screen, choose “Download” from it.
- You can download the images as PNG or JPG.
- If the template that you’ve chosen has multiple pages, you can select the pages that you want, and only download them.
- After that, click on “Done” in purple.
And, that’s it! The design that you’ve made will be saved to your phone’s gallery. Now, if you want to use the image that you’ve made as your highlight cover, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the highlight you wish to edit the cover of.
- Tap on the three-dot icon that stands for ‘More’.
- Then, select ‘Edit highlight’.
- Then, tap ‘Edit cover’.
- Tap the photo icon located at the beginning of the photos that appear at the bottom. From here, you will be able to choose a new image.
- Now, chose the new highlight cover from your gallery.
- And then, tap on ‘Done’.
And, that’s it! Your aesthetic Instagram highlight cover is now live!
Alright, everyone! This was how to make your own Instagram highlight covers! In this article, I walked you through everything you needed to know about highlight covers! So, I hope you will be able to make use of the methods and steps mentioned in this article to make your profile a bit more visually appealing. In case you get stuck at any point, feel free to reach out for help via the comments section!
What app to make Instagram highlight covers?
One of the easiest apps to make Instagram highlight covers is ‘Highlight story cover maker’. It lets you create highlight covers for your Instagram stories in a few simple clicks and helps them stand out from the rest.
Is there a free app to create Instagram highlight covers?
There are plenty of free Instagram highlights covers apps for iPhone and Android. For example, you can use Canva, PicsArt, Mojito, Adobe Spark Post, StoryLight, StoryArt, Story Highlights Icons, etc.
What size is Instagram highlight thumbnail?
The ideal size for an Instagram Highlight thumbnail is 110 x 110 pixels.
What size are Instagram highlights icons?
The ideal dimensions of Instagram highlight covers are the same as that of Instagram stories. This means they are about 1080 x 1920 pixels and have an aspect ratio of 9:16.