Did you recently buy Onn headphones? Or, are you already using Onn headphones? I know that you’re reading this article because you’re either of the two. And, you might want to know how to pair Onn headphones. And, if you’re an old user-facing pairing issue, this article has your back.
Onn is a pretty affordable headphones and earphones manufacturing brand. They have received mixed reviews from the users. Some consider them far better than their budget competitors like iLive or JLab. On the other hand, some users do not think the same. The most common issues that users face with these headphones are Bluetooth connectivity. They come with 6-8 hours of battery life that users think should be improved.
So, to pair Onn headphones, you first need to put them in the pairing mode using the power button. Then, for pairing, you must search for them on your device. The process for doing so varies across different devices. Once you’re done with the pairing, you need to check if it’s done properly. If the blue light is no longer blinking, then it means that the pairing was successful.
That does seem simple. But, you might have several questions. Like, how to pair your Onn headphones to a Mac? Or a Windows? And, what if you run into issues while pairing your Onn headphones to a device? Don’t worry, I’ll be answering all your questions in this article! Just keep reading!
Here’s How To Pair Onn Headphones | Read Pairing Method And Troubleshooting Techniques!
If you’ve just bought Onn headphones, you might be excited to start binge-watching high school and college shows using them. But before that, you will need to pair your Onn headphones to a device. Do you know how to do that? It’s very simple and can be done in only 3 steps!
Keep scrolling this article to find out those three steps and pair your headphones!
1# Step 1: Enter Pairing Mode
The first step in connecting Onn headphones to an audio device is to enter pairing mode. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on your Onn headphones. This button also functions as a pairing button.
- After 5 to 10 seconds, a LED light will start blinking on your headphones.
Now, your Onn headphones have entered the pairing mode.
2# Step 2: Search For Onn Headphones On Your Device
After your device has entered the pairing mode, you need to work on your audio device. Before you start, ensure that your device and Onn headphones are kept close to each other. The process of looking for your Onn headphones differs across various devices.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- The Bluetooth option will be present there.
- If the Bluetooth is off, turn it on using the toggle button.
- In the Bluetooth option, there’ll be a list of already paired devices.
- The ‘Other devices’ section will be located below it.
- Your Onn headphones should be present there.
- Tap on their name to pair them with your iPhone.
On your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- If the Bluetooth is off, toggle it on.
- Once you turn the Bluetooth on, the name of your Onn headphones will show up in the list of Available Devices.
- Tap on your Onn headphones’ name to connect with them.
If the name doesn’t show up, you can tap on the ‘Search for New Devices’ option.
3# Mac OS
On your Mac OS, follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple icon located in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on the ‘System Preference’ option.
- When the System Preference window appears, click on the Bluetooth icon.
- The Bluetooth window will appear.
- There will be a list of devices that you can pair with. Your Onn headphones will be present on the list.
- Click on them.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button.
Now, your Onn headphones have paired to your Mac OS.
On your Android device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the Bluetooth option.
- If you can’t find it, search for it in the search bar.
- Turn the Bluetooth on.
- Click on ‘Add Bluetooth or Other Device.’
- A new window will appear.
- In this window, click on ‘Bluetooth,’ and a list of available devices will show up.
- Your Onn headphones will be present in the list.
- Click on them to pair.
This was how to pair your Onn headphones on various devices. Wasn’t it simple? If you follow the steps exactly how they have been given, you won’t have any problem. Just ensure that your headphones are in pairing mode before you start.
3# Step 3: Confirm That Your Onn Headphones Have Paired Properly
A very simple way to check if your headphones have paired to your device properly. All you have to do is see if the LED light is still blinking or not. If the light stops blinking, it indicates that your headphones have paired successfully. Whereas, if the light is still blinking then it means that your headphones haven’t completed pairing yet. So, go over the steps to see where you’re going wrong.
4# Different Pairing Problems And Their Solutions
However, even after backtracking all your steps, if you can’t pinpoint what the problem is, then this section will help. It’s possible that your headphones are already paired to some other device, and that’s why they can’t pair to the current one. You can try unpairing them and then trying again. Apart from this, I’ve listed some common problems that arise while pairing and how to solve them. So, keep reading!
1# What To Do When Headphones Are Not Turning On?
If your headphones are not turning on then it’s possible they’re out of battery. Make sure to charge your headphones are properly charged before you try pairing them with a device. Most headphones come charged, but if your new ones aren’t, then it doesn’t necessarily mean they are damaged. You can try charging them first.
2# What To Do When Your Phone Isn’t Detecting Onn Headphones?
Your phone will only detect your Bluetooth headphones if they’re in pairing mode. So, if your phone isn’t detecting your Onn headphones, check whether you’ve first put them in the pairing mode or not. There’s a simple way to do so: the blue light on your headphones should be blinking.
But if your headphones are already in the pairing mode, try deleting the existing Bluetooth pairings on your phone and try again. If that doesn’t work, you should restart your phone and headphones.
3# What To Do If Headphones Are Unable To Connect After Pairing?
If your headphones are unable to connect after pairing, check if their battery is not below 50%. Also, your headphones should be kept within 10 meters or 30 feet of your phone. If they are not, move the two gadgets closer to each other.
4# What To Do When You Can’t Hear Anything After Answering A Call?
If you’re using your headphones to answer a call, but you can’t hear anything, check if the answering mode is Bluetooth headphones. Because if it is set to ear speaker or loudspeaker, you won’t be able to hear anything through your headphones.
You should also try checking the phone’s Volume. If it is low, use the Volume Up button to raise it to a sufficient level.
5# What To Do When You Can’t Hear Anything While Listening To Music?
Again, this might be a volume issue. You can try raising the volume level using the Volume Up button. If your Onn headphones are a little old, their audio quality might have diminished over time. However, there are several ways you can make your headphones louder.
6# What To Do When Onn Headphones Can’t Be Charged?
If your Onn headphones are not charging properly, examine the charging cable. Ensure that it works well. Then, check if you’ve connected your headphones to the charging cable properly. If the two things are loosely connected, then your headphones will not charge. Also, check your power source. If you’ve connected them to a PC that’s in sleep mode, you need to turn it on for the headphones to charge.
5# How To Reset Onn Bluetooth Headphones?
If you’re facing some connectivity issues on your Onn headphones, then resetting them can be the solution. These issues can show up in various ways, like:
- Your Onn headphones are not connecting with your phone or laptop.
- Your phone can’t find your Onn headphones.
- Your device can find your Onn headphones, but it can’t pair with them.
- Your Onn headphones can keep disconnecting from your device.
- There’s a delay in audio on your Onn headphones.
- Even though your Onn headphones are properly paired and connected, no sound comes from them.
These issues do not necessarily indicate that your headphones are now damaged or have some hardware issue. These connectivity problems can be fixed by performing a reset. Follow these steps to do it:
- Turn off your Onn headphones using the power button.
- Press and hold the power button for around 10 seconds.
- The red and blue LED lights should start to blink.
- After that, you can pair your headphones to a device again.
Alright, guys! This was how to pair Onn headphones! I’ve shared pairing techniques for different devices. Oh, so kind of me! I’ve also included several troubleshooting tips in this article.
If you happen to run into some problem, these tips will guide you. And if you’re an existing user, and facing issues with your Onn headphones, try out these tips before deciding to buy new headphones!
If you found this article, do let me know in the comments! Also, feel free to add more troubleshooting techniques, in case I missed any!