Crossposting across social media apps is fun. You can take a picture on Snapchat, and make it your display picture on Instagram. Similarly, you can post an aesthetic photo on Instagram and can share it on Snapchat as well. So, how to put Instagram post on Snapchat story? Well, read on if you want to find out!
Did you know that not only can you share photos and posts, but you can post snap codes on Instagram too. This helps you get your friends from Instagram as well as Snapchat involved. More friends on Snapchat means better snap scores and more snap streaks. If you’re trying to build an audience and looking to become a Snapchat creator, then it’s great.
So, how to put Instagram post on Snapchat story? There are two ways to do it. The first is to create a link to your post on Instagram and share that on your Snapchat story. The other is by taking a screenshot of your Instagram post or story, and then posting that screenshot on Snapchat.
Both methods work and the method you choose is dictated by your intentions. If you want to get more traffic to your Instagram posts and increase engagement, then posting a link should be your method. On the other hand, if all you want to do is share the same post everywhere, then a screenshot will do too. You can even create private stories on Snapchat if you don’t want to share your private Insta-worthy moments with everyone on Snapchat.
How To Put Instagram Post On Snapchat Story? Quick And Easy Guide!
Optimizing your content on multiple platforms is so much of a hassle. Imagine taking a separate for all the social media platforms that exist. That’s going to be tiring. So it’s nice to know that competing social media websites support crossposting. Sometimes a post is just too good. You look good and the photo just hit right. Everyone should know about it – nay – need to know about it!
So if you’re trying to spice up your Instagram with fun-filled filters, posting them directly to Snapchat makes sense. Also, it might make getting services like Snapchat+ worth it. Whether you do decide to do it or not, let’s see how to put Instagram post on Snapchat story easily!
Sharing The Link To The Instagram Post | How To Put Instagram Post On Snapchat Story
The first and the easiest method if you want to know how to put Instagram post on Snapchat story is by getting a link. Snapchat allows you to post links to its story. You can add links to any external website, a Google search result, or another social media profile too. Do note that if you have a personal profile, only your friends on Instagram will be able to see what’s in the link. If you have a public Instagram account, this shouldn’t be an issue for you!
To share an Instagram post on Snapchat, follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or your Android phone. The method works the same for both operating systems.
- Choose a picture or a video to upload as a post on Instagram. Alternatively, you can simply choose an older post to share as well.
- To choose an older post, go to your profile by tapping on your profile picture on the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap on the post to open it.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the post. You will see a list of icons pop up.
- From the options choose the link option to copy it. The link will be copied to your clipboard.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone. The home screen with the camera will open.
- Take a picture or a video to post a snap. It can also be a blank snap.
- From the vertical menu on the right, tap on the link attachment icon. Here you need to post your link.
- Tap on Attach to Snap and you’re done! Tap on the blue arrow to send the snap to your story!
Sharing The Instagram Post As A Screenshot | How To Put Instagram Post On Snapchat Story
The method of manually sharing an Instagram post to a Snapchat story is another alternative you can try. If you don’t want people to go directly to your profile or if your profile is locked, then this is the best way to share your posts.
- On your iPhone or Android, open the Instagram app.
- Choose the post which you want to share on the story on Snapchat.
- Here, take a screenshot of the post and save the image to your device. You can choose to keep the whole screen or crop out the top and bottom end of the image that are not relevant to the main post.
- Go back and open the Snapchat app.
- On the home screen, instead of tapping the camera icon to take a snap, tap on the gallery icon.
- Choose the option Camera Roll and select the photo that you just took a screenshot of.
- At the bottom of the screen tap on the blue arrow and then send the post to your story.
There you go! You have now easily sent your Instagram post to your Snapchat story!
Now you know how to put Instagram post on Snapchat story! Both processes are almost similar but the motivation behind each method will define which one you would prefer. Posting images and stories across Instagram and Snapchat couldn’t be easier! If there is anything else, then let us know in the comments section below! We will try out best to help you out!
Can you sync Instagram with Snapchat?
No, you cannot sync your Instagram with Snapchat.
How do you add Instagram posts to Snapchat stories?
You can add Instagram posts to Snapchat stories by sharing a link or by sharing its screenshot.
Can you share an Instagram reel to your Snapchat story?
You can share your Instagram reel to your Snapchat story by attaching a link to it on your story.