Today, we’ll discuss a very common problem that we often face while using different apps: instant messaging apps. Snapchat happens to be a widely used online instant texting platform that allows you to send various kinds of content very quickly and easily. But there are also times when the app won’t open or keeps crashing. So, to solve issues like that, we can reboot the app. In this article, we’ll tell you How To Reboot Snapchat?
Snapchat has been serving its massive user base for almost a decade now. It has offered its users a safe platform by taking very seriously care of the privacy and security aspects. The app also offers numerous amazing features and settings that make it a little different from other apps like WhatsApp or Telegram. Snapchat happens to have 332 million active daily users globally.
Snapchat, along with its great features and settings, has its own set of problems, as we mentioned. These issues can occur for several reasons, mostly because of internet bugs or glitches. You can fix it in different ways, but rebooting is preferred. So, without any further delay, let’s get into the details of how you can reboot Snapchat.
Table of Contents
How To Reboot Snapchat? Follow These Simple Steps!
As we mentioned before, Snapchat occasionally goes through certain issues that cause a little trouble for the users. Now those problems occur due to a certain kind of internet glitch or bug. But these are temporary issues and can be solved by simply rebooting or resetting the app.
You can reboot Snapchat from your smartphone’s settings option by following a few of these steps.
- Go to the Settings option on your smartphone.
- Scroll down to the System menu and tap on it. (or a similar option on your device)
- Tap on the reset or reboot option.
- Then reboot or reset all System Settings.
Another way to reboot your Snapchat when it shows any glitches will be to remove it from your device. You can delete the application or uninstall it and then reinstall it. If there could be any glitch or bug, it will be resolved, and your Snapchat will continue to function smoothly.
How To Reboot Snapchat? Why Does My Snapchat Keep Crashing?
Apart from internet bugs or temporary glitches, Snapchat can only crash or stop working for a few reasons. The most common reason is when the application’s data gets corrupted. A specific data segment that is a part of the app’s memory, like cache or non-permanent data, might have got corrupted & thus affected Snapchat’s functional abilities. Now, in such a case, all you need to do is uninstall the app from your device and reinstall it. Doing this will solve your issue.
How To Reboot Snapchat? Why Won’t My Snapchat Open On iPhone?
As we already mentioned, the reason for which your Snapchat crashes or does not open occasionally. Now, let us tell you what you can do to fix your Snapchat on your iPhone when it doesn’t open.
Force Kill Snapchat And Relaunch The App
It is the most common and preferred way to fix the issue. Know how to do it!
- iPhone With The Home Button: To get hold of the App Switcher, press twice on the home button. Then swipe up on the application card to force kill Snapchat.
- iPhone Without The Home Button: To access the App Switcher, swipe up from the residence bar and press along the middle of the screen. Now, do the same thing by swiping up on the application card to force kill Snapchat.
Delete Your Snapchat History
You need to clear the cache if you haven’t for a while. A piled-up cache can cause such problems. Follow these steps to do so.
- Open your Snapchat on your iPhone.
- Go to Your Profile.
- At the top left corner of the screen, you’ll find Setting. Tap on the same.
- There go to the Account Actions option and tap on Clear Cache. You will notice a pop-up window explaining that all the caches will be cleared and Snapchat will restart. But do not worry, all backup in your memories will remain safe.
Note: After you’re done following these steps, restart your iPhone to avoid any remaining bugs or glitches.
Hard Reset Your iPhone.
Following this method will help you rest your iPhone and clear specific caches and non-permanent files, which also fixes usual iOS problems like freezing and crashing. It is one of the fixes that you can opt for when your Snapchat fails to open on your iPhone.
Update Snapchat On Your iPhone
Different types of problems or glitches take place when it is not up to date. Updating the Snapchat app on your iPhone will solve several temporary issues. You can do it by following these steps.
- Open App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on Profile at the top right corner.
- Then Tap on Update All option.
- Look for Snapchat and tap on the Update button beside it.
How To Reboot Snapchat? Why Won’t My Snapchat Open On Android Device?
Now that you know all the methods to reboot your Snapchat on iOS, we will share some other few when such similar issues take place on your Android device.
Restart Your Android Device
This would be the most basic and common way to fix such issues on an Android device. If your Snapchat is not opening and crashing frequently, simply restart your device by rebooting it or just by shutting it down. Most of the time, it works and solves several minor problems.
Update Your Snapchat App
Not updating your application on time can lead to several problems when it comes to the functioning of the application. The same goes for Snapchat as well. You need to check if the app is up to date or not. If it is not, you need to update it from the Google Play Store. Follow these steps.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Then tap on the Apps And Games option.
- From the list of apps, check if Snapchat is updated or not. If it’s not, tap on the Update button beside it. And your app will be updated, solving the issue.
Check The Network Connection And App Permissions
It is another way that you can try to fix your Snapchat problem. First of all, check the network connection and then go through all the permissions you have selected in your Snapchat app to access the internet.
In order to check the permissions, you can follow these steps.
- Go to your phone’s Settings option.
- Tap on Apps.
- From the list, select Snapchat.
- Now in the app’s information section, check for all the necessary permissions.
- Also, make sure your internet is working fine.
Log Out From Your Snapchat App
It is another very common and effective way to fix such issues on the application. Simply, log out from your Snapchat and re-login. Doing this will help you in resetting the app and fixing any minor server issues related to Snapchat.
Reinstall Your Snapchat App
It is certainly one of the most effective methods one can opt for while solving such issues on Snapchat. Remove the application or uninstall it from your android device and reinstall it. It will reset and fix any type of bugs or glitches in the app. It will also help in clearing unnecessary caches.
Well, now you know how to reboot your Snapchat app and are aware of all the methods and steps that need to be followed when your Snapchat is not functioning correctly. Follow the above-mentioned steps carefully on your iPhone and Android device to fix it when your Snapchat crashes or fails to open. We hope that this article sufficed and was informative enough. Let us know your views about the matter. And also, do not forget to give us your feedback if you think something else could have been added.