Tags and more tags! Yes, the series continues every time we open our Instagram account. Is there any easy way to get rid of these tags? YES! There are a few ways to help you know how to remove a tag on Instagram!
Getting tagged in someone’s story or post might become irritating for many. At least I don’t like it, HUUHHH!!! And telling someone to stop tagging feels very hesitant. So, let’s learn how to remove a tag on Instagram and do the task without bothering anyone!
How To Remove A Tag On Instagram? Pick The Most Suitable Method!
Well, tagging informs other Instagram users about who all are there in the post or video. But the weirdest part is that no one asks whether the other person wants to get tagged or not. Seems like no one cares! Let’s ignore such people and learn how to remove a tag on Instagram!
METHOD 1: How To Remove A Tag On Instagram? Untag Yourself From Someone’s Post Under
With the help of this method, you will know how to manually remove a tag on Instagram. Keep a note of all the steps:
- Tap on the photo you are tagged in. While tapping on the photo, check whether you are tagged in the comment section or not. For this, you can’t do anything but disable comment tagging.
- Now, click on the photo once again to see the options.
- Within various options, you will see “Remove me from post.” Tap on click and do the same to confirm your action.
- Lastly, tap on the Remove button and get untagged from the photo. In addition, the post will also not appear in your list of tagged photos.
However, for some, the process may take a few more seconds. So, don’t panic if it happens to you. It happens because Instagram takes some time to reload the profile.
METHOD 2: How To Remove A Tag On Instagram? Ask To Be Untagged From A Comment
Now, we will cover those steps through which you can untag yourself from a comment on Instagram. Though it’s not possible completely, as discussed above, there are steps for removing the mention.
- Start by finding the comment on which you are tagged.
- Report the comment. Well, this is an optional step. Go to the comment section and look for a chat bubble. After locating it, click on the same and report the comment. Other than this, you might be required to mention the reason. So, be prepared for it!
- In case you don’t have a specific reason for reporting a comment. You can choose the other way to ask the person who has tagged you in the comment to remove you. You need to simply drop a message to the profile from which you have been tagged.
So, you can choose either to report the comment or sort out things with the one who has tagged you.
METHOD 3: How To Remove A Tag On Instagram? Remove Tags From Your Posts
If your post has added tags, and you want to remove those tags, you can do so easily. The steps are the following:
- First, you need to click on the post whose tags you want to remove.
- Next, you need to look for the three dots on the right side of the screen. After clicking on it, you will see a menu.
- Along with other options, you will see an Edit option. Now, click on it and tap on Tag Products.
- Now, click on the tag icon. At the same time, you will see the name of the person tagged on your post.
- Lastly, click on the person’s name, and he will get untagged from your post. Now, you need to click on the checkmark to confirm your action.
Well, it’s not your fault that people are getting tagged in your post. It’s something that is all automatic and is based on other technical things as well.
METHOD 4: How To Remove A Tag On Instagram? Prevent Others From Tagging You
One of the simple ways is to change the settings so that no one can tag you. Check out these steps:
- Start by opening your profile by tapping on your photo on the right side of Instagram.
- Now, look for the three dots on the right side of your screen and click on them.
- Next, search for settings and click on it to see an extended menu.
- Within that menu, you will see a privacy option where you can go through settings.
- Lastly, click on posts, and you will see options like People You Follow, No One, and many more. Click on the one that you think is suitable for you.
From now onwards, you won’t see anyone tagging you in their post.
METHOD 5: How To Remove A Tag On Instagram? Prevent Mentions In Stories, Comments, And Captions
In case you don’t want to get tagged in captions and stories, here are the steps that can help you:
- Like above, click on your profile picture and look for a three-line menu on the right side.
- Now, go to the settings option and click on privacy settings.
- Within settings, go to the mentions tab. Now, you can enter the names of those who can mention you (remember, you need to add the usernames, not the names).
- If you don’t want to add any name, click on No One, and all the mentions will be disabled.
So, this is how you can either let some people tag you or choose to allow no one to tag you.
You must be extremely happy after learning how to remove a tag on Instagram. But if you feel comfortable, you can directly have a word with the one who has tagged you and ask to untag you. Doing so is also one of the ways through which you can remove yourself from a tag on Instagram.