A fresh set of long acrylic nails is enough to give a massive confidence boost to anyone who wears them. Do you beg to disagree? Sorry, my opinion hasn’t changed. But, after a time, it becomes necessary to remove them. Prolonged use of acrylic nails can be damaging to your original ones. So, do you know how to remove acrylic nails with hot water?
When you want to get long pink clear nails but can’t wait for your natural nails to grow that long, you have the option of getting acrylics. Apart from extra shine and beauty, they bring glory to the wearer. But just like all good things in life, time with acrylic nails must also end. If your acrylic nails have started to peel off on their own and you don’t have the time to go to a salon, you need to take matters into your own hands.
To remove acrylic nails at home, fill a big bowl with hot water and add a spoon of shampoo or your favorite body wash to it. Give it all a good mix. After that, rest your hands in the water for around 20-30 minutes. This time will be enough to let the glue dissolve in the water. You’ll notice that your fingernails have started to swell. It’s a sign that they are coming off. So, take a pair of tweezers or any sharp object to remove them finally.
Wasn’t it so easy? But, this is not the complete process. There are several things that you need to know before you start the process. After that, there are certain things you need to do to take care of your original nails. They become worn out by the extended use of acrylics. Is all of this sounding overwhelming? Don’t worry! I’ve added everything you need to know about the process in this article!
Find Out How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Hot Water Here! 3 Easy Methods Here!
You might be wondering why to bother using hot water to remove acrylic nails at all. Because acetone does the job so much quicker. Well, I’ll be explaining the reason below. But, while you wait for hot water to do its job, you can always put on some teen drama movie like Thirteen in the background! The intriguing and unpredictable storyline of the movie will keep you engaged and help you kill time.
Also, Read | How To Get Nail To Reattach To Nail Bed? Tips To Deal With Your Painful Situation Here!
1# Why Is Hot Water A Good Way To Remove Acrylic Nails?
Water is one of those ingredients that can never cause you any harm while removing acrylic nails. The layer around your nail cuticles is soft and delicate. Harsh chemicals like acetone can prove to be damaging. In fact, they are one of the reasons why nail detaches from the nail bed. Apart from that, it results in skin dryness, itching, and hypersensitivity. It can also cause skin corrosion which in turn causes irreversible damage.
You might be tempted to remove your acrylic nails using acetone. After all, it is one of the fastest methods of removing nails. Because acetone helps the chemicals to dissolve in it quickly. But it is still inadvisable. So, it’s better to take some time and use something natural like hot water to remove your acrylic nails. It will benefit you in the long run.
2# Things To Remember While Taking Off Acrylic Nails
I hope you’re convinced that it’s better to use hot water to remove acrylic nails. But before you begin the process or read this article any further, here are some things you must know.
- Never tug or pull at your nails strongly or forcefully.
- If you face difficulty removing your nail even after soaking it in hot water, do not force it. Put your hand in the warm water again. Let it stay there for five more minutes. It will become easy to remove the nail after that.
- Acrylic nails are composed of chemicals that can hamper the growth of your natural nails. So, it’s better to give your nails sufficient time to rest before you get acrylic nails again.
- You can use nail strengthens to prevent your nails from becoming weak and brittle. But it is injudicious to use them too much.
- Make sure that your diet is nutrition-rich. If you’re not able to get a sufficient amount of calcium from your diet, consider taking supplements.
- Using artificial nails and harsh chemicals can strip your nails of natural oils. So, nourish them using cuticle oil, tea tree oil, etc. It will provide them with the moisture they lack.
3# Method 1 Of Removing Acrylic Nails With Hot Water
The safest way of removing acrylic nails at home is using hot water. If you want to use this method to take off your acrylics, follow these steps:
- Trim your acrylic nails. Make sure to not trim your natural nails along them.
- Fill a bowl with hot water. But make sure it doesn’t burn your fingers.
- Dip your fingers in the bowl.
- Soak your nails in hot water for around 15-30 minutes.
- If you see your nails swelled, don’t panic! It is a sign that the water is in the process of removing your nails.
- After a while, you will feel that the glue has dissolved in the hot water.
- Take a pointed or sharp object and remove your acrylic nails when this happens.
Viola! Your acrylics are now off!
Also, Read | How To Make Your Nails Grow Overnight? 8 Easy Steps To Do The Miracle!
4# Method 2 Of Removing Acrylic Nails With Hot Water
Yes, I know acetone can cause skin damage and irritation. And, it’s unwise to use it for removing your nails. But, wait. Hear me out.
- Trim your acrylic nails.
- Fill a large bowl with water.
- Take some acetone in a smaller bowl.
- Put the smaller bowl on the larger one. This is done so that acetone can heat up.
- Apply a generous amount of petroleum jelly around your nail cuticles. This is done to protect your skin from harmful chemicals.
- Soak your fingers in acetone and hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Then, grab a pair of tweezers and remove the acrylic nails.
- In case they are coming off, do not force them, put your fingers in the water for some more time.
5# Method 3 Of Removing Acrylic Nails With Hot Water
This method will use hot water, dish soap, and vegetable oil to remove acrylic nails. It is quite similar to the other two methods above. It just uses two extra ingredients. Follow the below-mentioned steps to use this method:
- Fill a bowl with hot water.
- Add some liquid dish soap and vegetable oil to it.
- Give these ingredients a good mix.
- After that, soak your hands in the bowl for at least 20 minutes.
- When the glue dissolves in hot water, take a sharp object and remove the acrylic nails.
6# How To Remove Leftover Glue?
After you’ve removed your acrylic nails, you will notice that there is an excess amount of glue left behind. It’s important to remove the glue residue as well. Here’s how you can do it:
- Take a bowl big enough for you to soak your fingers in.
- Fill it with warm water.
- Add a liquid soap or body wash of your choice.
- Take a good quality cuticle oil and put it on your nails.
- Dip your nails in the water for around 15 minutes.
- As soon as the glue softens, you will be able to scrape it off.
- Alternatively, you can use a nail buffer to get rid of the excess glue by buffing.
- You can also use a nail filer to scrape off the glue. Make sure to moisturize your nails after it is done.
7# How To Care For Your Nails After Removing The Natural Ones?
Yes, manicures at a salon feel luxurious and provide one with heavenly bliss. It helps in repairing your skin that is worn out after the long use of acrylics. But, if you don’t have the time to go to one or it is simply not economical for you, then no worries! Because you can give yourself a simple manicure at home! In fact, people have started to do American manicures at home too!
Here are the materials you’ll need:
- A bowl filled with warm water. Make sure that the bowl is big enough for you to soak your fingernails in.
- A spoon of shampoo or body wash of your choice.
- A brush.
- A dry towel.
- A nail filer.
- A cuticle cutter
- A good quality cuticle oil or moisturizer of your choice.
After you’ve gathered the material, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In your bowl of warm water, add a spoonful of body wash or shampoo.
- Soak your hands in it for some time.
- Grab the brush and gently scrub the area around your cuticles.
- When you’re done, dry your hands using the towel.
- Use the nail filer to push your cuticles back.
- Cut off extra skin around your nails.
- Finish it off with cuticle oil or moisturizer.
Also, Read | How Long Does It Take For Nails To Grow Back? Surprising Nail Growth Factors Here!
You might have the irresistible urge to remove your acrylic nails using acetone or other methods. These methods surely do the job quickly. But all these harsh chemicals cause a lot of damage in the long run. So, hot water, a natural and safest ingredient can be used to take off nails. This article talked about how to remove acrylic nails with hot water. I hope you find these methods useful. I also added some aftercare tips that you must follow through after removing your nails. If you’ve any more tips or methods to add, drop them in the comments down below!