Are you wondering about how to save Instagram reels to camera roll iPhone or how to save Instagram reels to camera roll in general? Ever since everyone’s favorite entertainment social media application Instagram moved past the plain old image sharing feature and introduced everyone to trending Instagram reels, no one has been able to keep their hands to themselves. Due to their growing popularity, now everyone seems eager to learn how to save Instagram reels to camera roll?
In an attempt to win the popularity competition against fellow entertainment and social-media platform TikTok, Instagram launched the reels feature a while ago. To say that the platform gained the upper hand would be an understatement because not only did Instagram downloads go up instantaneously, the platform also managed to put the future of TikTok to a big threat.
There isn’t a big difference between the Instagram reels and the TikTok videos. Still, since the latter does not offer multiple features, it can never match up to the standards of the Facebook-owned platform. Recently, you may have seen your friends, and even yourself spend most of the time watching and recreating these fun Instagram reels. However, recreating a reel, especially with a trending Instagram song reel, isn’t easy because it takes a lot of time (and data) to learn the steps, but worry not because you can save the Instagram reels to your camera roll so, that you can watch them any time of the day without having to worry about your data.
Did you know that there are multiple different ways to save Instagram reels to your camera roll starting right from third-party applications? If it’s a NO, then scroll below and learn each and every method available out there.
What Is An Instagram Reel? What Is The Fuss About?
Before jumping to technicalities of how to save reel to camera roll or how to save Instagram reels to camera roll iPhone, we need to know the basics first. What are Instagram reels? Instagram reels is one of the most used features of Instagram app.
Instagram reel is similar to TikTok videos. The Insta users can create or upload 15-second or above video clips and add music, songs, beats, effects, etc to them. Such videos are called Instagram reels.
One can use them on their stories post, Explore Feed tab, and Reels folder. So, you get TikTok like media entertainment on Instagram! Instagram reels are available in more than 50 countries across the world.
Instagram also allows you to watch reels across the globe, sponsored reels, reels of celebrities, reels of trending Instagram accounts, reels of people you have followed, and reels related to whatever you search on the Instagram Explore feed.
How Instagram Reels And TikTok Reels Are Different?
One of the most curious things that users search for online is what’s different between the Instagram reel and TikTok reel. Well, the major difference is the ability of these respective platforms’ algorithms to show and generate reels.
- On Instagram, you can watch reels of trending accounts, viral reels, as well as reels of your followed people, celebrities, pages, etc. However, on TikTok, you have an upper hand. It follows the pattern of your searched choices and most-watched videos, and then it will show you content related to your taste and interests.
- Secondly, TikTok’s algorithm shows those new videos who has gained positive responses regularly. So, it helps new TikTok users to get a public platform on a broader scale. However, you will have to wait for more followers to get viral on Instagram reels.
Why Isn’t My Reel Saving To My Camera Roll?
Reel not saving into camera roll? Are you unable to download Instagram reels? Well, it is imperative to know about downloading them because of two reasons-
- You cannot download reels of other users directly to our camera roll. It is not allowed on Instagram. For such purpose, you will have to follow a complete process (that’s have been covered in this article in a detailed manner!)
- You cannot download your own uploaded Instagram reels effectively as well. If you try to download it, there will be no background sound, music, or the voice of the reel.
So, irrespective of anything, either you will have to follow a complete download process of the Instagram reel on your devices or go for third-party apps to make your task easier.
How To Save Instagram Reels To Camera Roll? 4 Quick Ways Instagram Users Should Know!
Maybe you are running late, and you don’t have the time to watch the entire reel, or your data connection is giving you a tough time, then you don’t have to worry about missing the revolution because you can save it. It’s just a matter of clicks until you save the video and then watch it later without any interruptions.
#1 Save Instagram Reels To Instagram Collection
Instagram Collection works like Instagram’s personal bookmark, where you can save all the content, including pictures, reels, and IGTV videos that you want to watch later. The best feature of the Instagram collection is that you can organize your saved posts using different labels so you can easily find them later. Here are the steps you can follow to save an Instagram post to your collection.
- Go to the Instagram app on your android/iOS device and navigate to the post you wish to save.
- Select the bookmark icon present at the bottom-right corner of the post to save it.
- If you haven’t divided your collection into different labels, the post will get saved automatically.
- If you have created different folders, tap on the bookmark, then select the label where you want to save the post.
- Once you have saved the post, you can go to your profile by selecting your profile icon.
- On your profile page, select the three horizontal lines present at the upper-right corner.
- Tap on Saved, where you will find all the content you have saved.
#2 Save Instagram Reels On Android Device Using InGramer Website
Now is your chance if you always wanted to recreate those fun dance reels but you couldn’t because you take a lot of time to learn the steps. By following the quick steps below, you can easily download the Instagram reels with music in your gallery and watch them on loop to make the perfect reel for your account. Before you proceed, please note that to download more than one video, you will be required to sign up using an email account.
- Log in to your Instagram account on your device and go to the video you want to download.
- Select the three dots present at the right-hand side of the screen.
- Tap on the copy link option so you can use the video link to download the video.
- Now open the InGramer video downloader by going to their official website using a browser.
- Paste the link you have copied in the dialogue box and hit the search button.
- Once the website redirects the preview after searching, tap on the download button to save the Instagram reel to your gallery.
#3 Save Instagram Reels To iPhone Using Screen Recorder
One of the best ways to download Instagram reels on iPhone is by making use of the screen recorder. Using the screen recorder, the reels will get saved directly to the Photos folder on your iOS, so you don’t have to go through the process of uploading them to your drive.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone and select your profile icon (if you have saved the reel to Instagram collections).
- Select the three horizontal lines present at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Go to your Instagram collections and select the video you want to save to your camera roll.
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open the control center.
- Select the two concentric circles (screen recorder) to start the recording.
- Once you are done with the recording, tap on the red-label present at the top of the screen to stop.
- Confirm by selecting Stop Screen Recording.
- Open the Photos folder on your device to see the recording.
#4 Save Instagram Reels To iPhone By Using InSaver For Instagram
How to save Instagram reels to camera roll iPhone? For safety reasons, iOS users cannot download third-party applications like android users on their devices. So, you have to make sure that you are using an available application on the App Store. InSaver is one of the many downloader applications known for its reliability and downloads the Instagram reels easily on your iPhone.
- Once you download the application from the App Store, log in to your Instagram account and play to the video you want to download.
- Select the three dots present on the screen to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap on the copy link option.
- Now, go to the InSaver application and paste the link in the address box.
- Tap on Watch It and then select Options present at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on Share and then hit Save Video.
- Once the download is complete, you can find it in the local storage.
- You can also upload the video to your Google Drive (if you can’t find it in local storage) and make it available for offline use.
How To Save Instagram Reels To Your Android Gallery Using Third-Party Apps?
Reel not saving to camera roll? If you want to save the trouble of going to the website 100 times a day to save Instagram reels, you can always install a third-party app on your device to save time. You can download Instagram reels easily and save them to your device’s internal storage by installing this application. One of these apps that everyone trusts the most is Video Downloader for Instagram, and it does the work effortlessly.
Saving Instagram reels on your camera roll has now become an easy peasy task, just like squeezing the lemons for your tequila. Ain’t that, right? Well, keeping the tequilas aside, let’s focus on how you can use different third-party apps across different platforms for saving Instagram reels to your camera roll.
1# Instagram Video Downloader
Note: You can download the application on your android device by using a web browser. All you need to do is type the name of the application followed by APK and hit enter. Open the first link you see and tap on download.
- Launch Instagram on your Android device and log in to your account.
- Open the Instagram reel you want to download.
- Tap on the three dots present on the screen and then select copy link.
- Now, go to Downloader for Instagram and paste the link in the address box.
- The application will automatically search the video and start the downloading process.
- Once the download is complete, you can easily find the video in your gallery.
- All you have to do is tap on the folder labeled InstaDownload.
If you want to give the editor inside you a chance, you need to know more about the online video editor Kapwing. Once you download the reels to your camera roll using the editor, you can just make use of the other features of this amazing platform and edit the videos. So, before anything else, let’s look at the steps you need to follow to download the reels to the camera roll.
- First, open your Instagram account and go to the reel you want to download.
- Click on the three dots present on the right side of the screen.
- Tap on the three-dot menu and click on the copy link.
- Go to Kapwing’s official website and sign in with your Google Account.
- Once done, click on the Get Started and then move to Create A New Project.
- Open the text box that says Paste a URL and then paste the link.
- Once the editor fetches the video for you from the link, tap on the video to load it.
- Next, tap on Export from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- After the processing, tap on Download File and save it to your camera roll.
3# InstDown For Instagram Reels
If you don’t want to use an online video editor and wish to make things easier with a third-party application, try downloading InstDown for Instagram Reels on your device. Once you have downloaded the application, you can follow the steps below and save the Instagram reels to your camera roll.
- After downloading the application on your device, go to Instagram and open the reel you want to download.
- Tap on the three dots present at the bottom right corner and copy the link.
- Now open the application and paste the link to the video.
- Now, tap on the generate button present at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Once you click on generate, the video will be added to a queue for download.
- If you wish to check the download status, click on More from the toolbar.
- After the download is complete, the video will be automatically added to your camera roll.
Benefits Of Repurposing Instagram Reels | Revamp Your Timeline With Twists!
You can save Instagram reel to camera roll for not just the sake of fun but for a lot of reasons. For example, revamp your timeline with new flavors! Yes, there are many benefits of repurposing Instagram reels.
- You can save Instagram reel to camera roll and upload them to Instagram Highlights and other social media platforms like Snapchat, Pinterest, Facebook, etc. It will add to the creative content of your social media accounts.
- You can use your old reels to repost them on your timeline daily and engage your audience on a daily basis.
- It also enhances your profile’s visibility because of Instagram’s algorithm. Your old content might have relevant SEO keywords in today’s time. So, it will boost your post on several specific keywords.
- It will help you backlinking your creative content on different platforms. Thus, you will have a wider reach to the audience.
- The presence of the same content on different pages, platforms, and accounts helps you to repurpose your ideas and thoughts more effectively. Thus, it will make you look like a pro in your respective industry.
Now, you don’t need to worry about how to save reels to camera roll or Downloading and saving an Instagram reel to your camera roll isn’t a tough task and can be done in two minutes if you know about the right application for the job. We hope that with the methods discussed above, you won’t find any difficulty saving the Instagram reels to your gallery for offline purposes.