Social media platforms have emerged as the top mode of communication, especially for GenZ. But, most of the time, we get so lost in scrolling through memes or those viral reels that we completely forget to reply to messages. The result is a mountainous pile of unread DMs and message requests. But, once you know how to see first message on Instagram without scrolling, your life can become a bit easier.
How is it going to make your life easier, you might ask? Ahh well, how do you feel when you text someone and they don’t even open your message for days? While you keep waiting for their reply? I hope you get an idea. Also, I’m full of guilt as I admit that I’m a part of the didn’t-see-your-message squad as well. But, it’s time to learn how to go to the first message on Instagram without scrolling and change that for good.
Here’s How To Go To The Top Of Instagram DMs | 2 Best Ways You Need To Try!
However, I can’t deny that making your way through those hundreds of messages from tons of followers is quite difficult, if not impossible. I mean, how do you prioritize which one to open first? How do you make sure that you don’t accidentally leave someone’s text, again? Well, an ideal solution is to start from the bottom i.e. the oldest or the first message.
How To See First Message On Instagram Without Scrolling Using Search In Conversation Feature?
It’s not just about getting your hands on the oldest message. Sometimes, you might want to reread your old conversation with your loved ones. If so is the case, instead of manually searching for something that happened ages ago, you can use Instagram’s built-in conversation feature. Just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the messenger icon to reach the chat section.
- Tap on a conversation you like.
- Then, tap on the “i” icon located at the top next to the username.
- Here you’ll find the “Search in Conversation” option. Select it.
- A Search bar will appear.
- Here you can type a few words of whatever you remember of the conversation and hit search.
- All the messages that include your search query will appear on the screen.
You can use this method if you want to get on top of a conversation as well/
How To See First Message On Instagram Without Scrolling Using Third-Party Apps?
So, there are plenty of third-party apps that will allow you to see first message on Instagram without having to scrolling on iPhone endlessly. These apps can be used when you want to get on top of a chat but don’t remember what the first conversation was about as well.
One such app is the Auto-Scroll app. However, at the time of writing, it is only available for Android users. They can download it from the Google Play Store.
Using the app is pretty convenient too. Once you launch the app after installing, all you have to do is to grant the required permissions from the Settings app. You can also adjust the scrolling speed the way you want. And, the best part is, the Auto-Scroll app not only works for Instagram but for other platforms as well!
Anyways, once you’re done with setting up the app, head to Instagram and DMs, and the app will do the rest. Also, make sure you’ve got a stable internet connection, otherwise, the app won’t work well.
How To See First Message On Instagram By Downloading Instagram Data!
If you have some time up your sleeve, downloading Instagram data is the most efficient way to see the first message on Instagram without scrolling. The only thing you need is a desktop or PC. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open your account on the official Instagram website through a PC or desktop by logging in with your personal details.
- Tap on your Profile Image, and navigate to Settings.
- When on Settings, click on Privacy and Security, and scroll down to Data Download.
- Click on Request Download to download all your Instagram data in your email.
- However, if you wish to download your data in an alternate email, you can change your verified email address by navigating back to your profile, which will take you to Edit Profile, where you can change your personal credentials.
- Select the format you want your emails to be downloaded in. The two options available will be JSON and HTML.
- We suggest you download the data in HTML, as it will have better readability. However, if you wish to download your Instagram data in JSON, make sure you are able to convert the data to a human-readable format or else it won’t be of any use.
- After selecting your preferred download format, click Next, enter your Instagram password for verification, and click Request Download.
- Since all your Instagram files will be downloaded at the same time, this method might take some time. However, when done with downloading your data from the email, enter your Instagram email and password for further verification.
- To finally access the data, you will receive a 2FA code on your linked and verified phone number. After entering the code, you will be able to access your Instagram data in your selected format.
So, this was how to see first message on Instagram without scrolling! I hope you understood the methods and the steps mentioned above! You can choose whichever method works best for you! If you’re not comfortable with third-party apps, then the search-in-conversation feature will be your bet!
If you’ve got a friend who likes to read old conversations as well, or sucks at replying to messages, please share this article with them! Understanding how to see first message on Instagram without scrolling will make their work easier!
Can You Look Up Instagram Messages By Date?
As of now, you can’t search Instagram messages by date.
How Far Back Does Instagram Keep Messages?
Instagram keeps a copy of your messages for up to 90 days in its backup storage. Sometimes, it is kept for longer for things like legal issues, terms violation, or harm prevention.