Did your friend post a high-quality picture on Instagram that you were really interested in? Maybe it was their outfit that evoked your curiosity? And now that you want to know what Instagram small business they bought it from, you discover that they have deleted that very post! Dang it! How will ever get the details now? Well, all hope is not lost. Especially when you know how to see friends deleted Instagram photos. So, keep reading!
Over the years, Instagram has become one of the safest photo-sharing platforms out there. Yes, putting out posts on social media comes with its own fair share of dangers. But again, Instagram has gone out of its way to ensure user safety. For example, it gives its user the option to create anonymous accounts, block people or restrict them, delete comments, call history as and when required, hide & unhide posts, and whatnot.
So, it’s possible that your friend wasn’t okay with the picture they posted and felt more comfortable deleting it. But, at the same time, I understand that you wish to see it again. And, this time, I know that you’re going to put efforts into finding ways to save the post. So, keep reading and I’ll tell you how to see friends deleted Instagram photos.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To See Friends Deleted Instagram Photos
Now, the answer to how to see friends deleted Instagram photos is going to be pretty anti-climatic for you. Because there’s no way, you can see someone’s Instagram photos once they delete it. So, if you’ve been trying to see friends Instagram photos that they have now deleted, please accept the fact that the photo is now gone for good.
So, whenever you come across an amazing post, it’s better to take steps to ensure that you don’t lose it even after your friend has deleted it. Such steps can include taking screenshots of the picture and then saving it to your gallery or Google Photos or wherever you take a backup of your pictures.
You may not have a satisfactory answer to how to see friends deleted Instagram photos, but if you still want to know how to see deleted Instagram photos posted by you, then keep reading. In fact, you can also see the photos your friend deleted using these methods! Just make sure they consent to these methods.
How To See Friends Deleted Instagram Photos Using The Restore Option?
If your friend is okay with you recovering their deleted Instagram photo using their account, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your friend’s Instagram account.
- Tap on the profile icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located at the top.
- From there, tap on the “Your Activity” option.
- Locate the “Recently Deleted” folder and tap on it.
- Select the post you were looking for.
- Then, tap on the three dots located in the top right corner of the screen.
- From there, tap on “Restore”.
- Then, tap on “Restore” again.
- Now, you’ll be asked to enter password to confirm your restoration request.
And, that’s it! The photo will be restored to the profile!
This method is fairly simple, but there’s a catch. You’ll only be able to restore a photo that’s been deleted for 30 days or less. Because once that time period expires, you will no longer be able to use this method.
But, in case that happens, the below-mentioned method will still save the day, so keep reading!
How To See Friends Deleted Instagram Photos Using The Download Data Option?
If your friend is okay with you using their account to download their data and looking for that specific post, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your friend’s Instagram account.
- Tap on the profile icon located at the bottom left of the screen.
- From there, tap on the three horizontal lines located at the top right.
- A menu will appear on the screen. From the options, select “Your Activity”.
- Keep scrolling till you locate the “Download Your Information” option.
- Tap on it.
- Then, enter the email address to which you wish to receive the link to the folder that will contain all your data.
- You can enter your own email address if your friend doesn’t have a problem with it.
- Then, tap on “Request Download”.
- Enter the password to your friend’s account or have them enter it to confirm the data download request.
- When finished, tap on “Done”.
And, that’s it! Instagram will take anywhere between 48 hours to 14 days to send an email to the email address entered in the above step.
Once you receive the email, download the folder that contains all information and look for the folder that contains deleted posts. You will be able to find the deleted photo in that very folder.
That’s it, guys! That’s how to see friends deleted Instagram photos! I’ve mentioned two methods in this article that you can use to recover lost photos from an account! You can use any method that fits your needs and makes both you and your friend feel comfortable! If you still have any doubts regarding any of the methods mentioned above, feel free to drop them in the comments!
Also, remember to share this article on how to see friends deleted Instagram photos with people you think will need it!
Where Is The Recycle Bin Of Instagram?
You can find the content that you deleted on Instagram by going to the Your Activity section on Instagram and then tapping on the Recently deleted tab. However, make sure to do this within the 30-day time period from when you deleted the content piece.
Why Can’t I Post On Instagram?
If you can’t post on Instagram, check your internet connection. Then, ensure that you are not violating any community guidelines with your post. You may be unable to post on Instagram because of some glitch. So, try uninstalling the app to fix the glitches.
How To Save Someone’s Instagram Story Forever?
You can save someone’s Instagram story forever by using third-party apps. However, use such apps at your own risk because they can put your privacy at risk.