Thankfully, Instagram allows users to change their usernames as often as they like. It looks like this social media platform understands that its users don’t like to stick to one and would rather try out newer ones as often as they like. But, what if someone wants to go back to one of their old usernames? Well, to do this, they will need to know how to see old usernames on Instagram. So, if you’re someone like that, this article is for you. Keep scrolling so you get a hang of Instagram old username finder online!
Table of Contents
Read This To Know How To See Previous Usernames On Instagram 2023 | Former Usernames Instagram!
Now, even though you want to see your Instagram former usernames, you might be wondering if Instagram username history is available. Or, if there’s some third-party old username finder in the market. Well, you will need no such thing. Because Instagram has an in-built feature available that will help you do the job with Instagram username history checker online with great ease. If you want to know what this feature is, and how to see old usernames on Instagram using it, read this article till the end.
How To See Old Usernames On Instagram For Your Account?
Before you proceed to see the former usernames Instagram for other people’s Instagram accounts, I’m sure you want to know how to see old usernames on Instagram for your account. Well, the steps for the same are mentioned in this section. Follow them and uncover your username history!
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Then, tap on the bottom right corner of the Instagram Home Page on the Profile icon.
- Once you are on your Instagram profile page, tap on the three-line icon provided in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings option from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Once you are on the Settings page of your Instagram account, scroll down and tap on the Account option.
- From the Account section tap on the About Your Account section.
- Scroll down in the About Your Account section and tap on the Former Usernames option.
- You will be able to see all your previous usernames in the section. However, if your account is very old, some of your older might be erased due to changes in Instagram features, policies, and updates in the app.
Now that you know how to see previous usernames on Instagram 2023 for your account, let’s explore some ways to see previous usernames of other users on Instagram.
How To See Old Usernames On Instagram For Someone’s Account!
If you do not know how to see former usernames on Instagram for someone’s account, worry not! The way to find the previous usernames of any other account on Instagram is quite similar to that of finding the previous usernames of your own Instagram account.
So you can follow these simple steps mentioned below to find out how to see former usernames on Instagram for somebody’s account.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the search icon provided at the bottom of the Instagram home page.
- Now tap on the search bar and type in the username of the person whose previous usernames you want to see.
- Once you find the account, tap on it to view their Instagram profile.
- Once you are on the profile page of the person, tap on the three lines provided in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the About This Account section from the menu that appears.
- Now you can scroll down and find the Former Usernames sections and tap on it.
- You will be able to see all the previous usernames of the Instagram account.
And, that’s it about Instagram username history checker online!
Okay, people! This is how to see old usernames on Instagram! In this article, I walked you through two different ways that you can make use of to check username history. Using these methods, not only will you be able to find your old username but also that of other people’s Instagram former usernames! So, go, follow these steps and check old usernames for any account that you want! Although the steps mentioned above are easy to follow, feel free to ask for any help that you may require in the comments!
What characters cannot be used in an Instagram username?
You should keep in mind that you can only use lowercase alphabets, uppercase alphabets, periods, and underscores for your Instagram username. Other characters like apostrophes, ampersands, commas, brackets, etc. are not allowed. It is also notable that you can not use more than one period continuously without any other character in between.
Do Instagram usernames expire?
Yes, Instagram usernames expire if the account is inactive for too long. Usually, such usernames get available soon if the account does not have a lot of posts and the user has not logged in to their account for a long time. Similarly, if you change your username your previous username can be taken by anyone else.
Do Instagram usernames matter?
Yes, your Instagram username is very important for your Instagram account. So you should put a lot of thought into making your Instagram account username easily recognizable. It should be related to your brand and easy to remember. Having the perfect username for your brand will help you in increasing the discoverability of your username.
Can someone else take my Instagram username?
Technically, no user can take the username of some other user until they change it. Instagram usernames are available on a first-come first served basis. However, if you think that a username is perfect for your account, your country to contact the owner of the username and request them to change their username.
What are the rules for Instagram usernames?
There are some simple rules for Instagram handles. Your Instagram username can not be more than 30 characters. It can’t contain special characters other than periods and underscores. No two usernames can be the same, this means, every username that you see on Instagram is entirely unique. Also, you can not use ffensive words in your Instagram handle.