Do you know how to see previous usernames on Instagram 2023 for your account? Are you aware that you can also check old usernames on Instagram for someone else’s account if you want to? If not, then what are you waiting for? Here’s all that you need to know about how to see old usernames on Instagram so that you can repurpose your usernames on the social media app.
There are multiple reasons for users on the app Instagram to change their Instagram usernames. A lot of creators try to make their account usernames easily memorable so that they are more discoverable on the platform. But what if you want to reuse your old usernames on Instagram? If you don’t know how to see old usernames on Instagram then you should continue reading further.
We will be discussing how to see previous usernames on Instagram 2023 for your account. If you are new to Instagram you can also learn how to draw on Instagram photos and how to add Instagram to your Google My Business page.
How To See Previous Usernames On Instagram 2023?
If you do not know how to see old usernames on Instagram then you have come to the right place as we will discuss steps on how to see former usernames Instagram. You might also want to know how to make your Instagram account discoverable on Google Search and how to get more female followers on your IG account.
But for now, we will be taking a look at some steps on how to see previous usernames on Instagram 2023 easily.
How To See Old Usernames On Instagram For Your Account?
If you are wondering how to see old usernames on Instagram then here are all the steps that you can follow to learn how to see previous usernames on Instagram 2023 for your account.
- Open the Instagram app on your device, and tap on the bottom right corner of the Instagram Home Page on the Profile icon.
- Once you are on your Instagram profile page, tap on the three lines provided in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings option from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Once you are on the Settings page of your Instagram account, scroll down and tap on the Account option.
- From the Account section tap on the About Your Account section.
- Scroll down in the About Your Account section and tap on the Former Usernames option.
- You will be able to see all your previous usernames in the section. However, if your account is very old, some of your older might be erased due to changes in Instagram features, policies, and updates in the app.
Now that you know how to see previous usernames on Instagram 2023 for your account, let’s explore some ways to see previous usernames of other users on Instagram.
How To See Old Usernames On Instagram For Someone’s Account!
If you do not know how to see former usernames Instagram for someone’s account, then here are the steps that you need to follow. Mentioned below are steps on how to see former usernames Instagram for someone’s account.
The way to find the previous usernames of any other account on Instagram is quite similar to that of finding the previous usernames of your own Instagram account. So you can follow these simple steps mentioned below to find out how to see former usernames Instagram for somebody’s account.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the search icon provided at the bottom of the Instagram home page.
- Now tap on the search bar and type in the username of the person whose previous usernames you want to see.
- Once you find the account, tap on it to view their Instagram profile.
- Once you are on the profile page of the person, tap on the three lines provided in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the About This Account section from the menu that appears.
- Now you can scroll down and find the Former Usernames sections and tap on it.
- You will be able to see all the previous usernames of the Instagram account.
This was all about how to see former usernames Instagram for your account as well as someone else’s account. You can also check out how to post on Instagram from Google Photos and how to use saved audio on Instagram stories with us.
Besides that, you can also learn how to check who saved your Instagram post and how to write an interesting bio for your Instagram account. You can stay tuned with us if you want to know more about the latest Instagram features and any new updates on the app.
What characters cannot be used in an Instagram username?
You should keep in mind that you can only use lowercase alphabets, uppercase alphabets, periods, and underscores for your Instagram username. Other characters like apostrophes, ampersands, commas, brackets, etc. are not allowed. It is also notable that you can not use more than one period continuously without any other character in between.
Do Instagram usernames expire?
Yes, Instagram usernames expire if the account is inactive for too long. Usually, such usernames get available soon if the account does not have a lot of posts and the user has not logged in to their account for a long time. Similarly, if you change your username your previous username can be taken by anyone else.
Do Instagram usernames matter?
Yes, your Instagram username is very important for your Instagram account. So you should put a lot of thought into making your Instagram account username easily recognizable. Having the perfect username for your brand will help you in increasing the discoverability of your username.
Can someone else take my Instagram username?
Technically, no user can take the username of some other user until they change it. Instagram usernames are available on a first-come first served basis. However, if you think that a username is perfect for your account, your country to contact the owner of the username and request them to change their username.
What are the rules for Instagram usernames?
There are some simple rules for Instagram handles. Your Instagram username can not be more than v30 characters. It can’t contain special characters other than periods and underscores. No two usernames can be the same, and you can not offensive words in your Instagram handle.