We all like to think that we’re uber-cool on social media platforms. We like to believe that posts we put are the best, the coolest things on Instagram. But are they really? Is there any way to find out if people actually like your posts or if they just double-tap them for the heck of it? Well, there’s a way out of this confusion. And it lies in learning how to see who favorited your post on Instagram. So, read this article till the end!
Now, understanding how to see who favorited your post on Instagram becomes even more important if you’re an Instagram influencer with tons of followers. Because if you don’t know who likes your posts and who doesn’t, how are you going to work on your content? And, if you don’t improve, how are you going to become even more successful and generate more engagement?
Because let’s be honest, Instagram is a highly competitive space and if you don’t do something, then someone else definitely will and get ahead. So, it’s important that you find out how to see who favorited your post on Instagram. Plus, once you know the answer to that, you’ll be able to thank all those people who derive value from your content, thereby opening space for meaningful conversations and building a stronger community!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To See Who Favorited Your Post On Instagram | Methods You Really Need To Know!
I know I’ve been going on and on about how important it is to know the answer to how to see who favorited your post on Instagram. But, I’m afraid the answer is the most anti-climatic thing ever. It’s not as straightforward as you want it to be. Plus, it will leave you disappointed. Because there’s no way, you can see who favorited your post on Instagram.
How To See Who Favorited Your Post On Instagram Via Stories?
So, if you want to know who favorited your post on Instagram, then asking your followers directly is your best bet. Now, you may be wondering how to do that. Well, it’s fairly simple. You can post an Instagram story with a screenshot of your post and ask them if they saved it.
Here are the steps for the same:
- Open Instagram.
- Go to your profile section by tapping the icon at the bottom right.
- Then, scroll till you locate the post in question.
- Take a screenshot of the post.
- Go back to your home feed.
- Slide right from the home screen to open the camera. Alternatively, you can tap the plus icon where the Stories option is located.
- From there, upload the screenshot you’ve just captured.
- Next, tap the Text icon, and type in a question asking your users if they saved your post.
- Tap ‘Done’ when you’re finished adding text.
- Lastly, tap on “Your Stories,” present at the bottom right, to post the story.
And that’s it!!
Also, these days, a lot of people have anonymous accounts, so you, too, can put up an anonymous Instagram sticker just to honor their love for privacy. Viewers can reply to that story sticker and let you know that they saved your post.
How To See How Many People Favorited Your Post On Instagram?
Now, you may not have found an acceptable answer to how to see who favorited your post on Instagram. But you can still find out how many people favorited your posts on Instagram. This method will not give you the name of the followers. Instead, it will provide you with a number.
I know that numbers can be a vague metric, but at least you’ll derive some value from that information. So, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Instagram on your device.
- Tap on the profile picture icon located on the bottom right of the screen.
- Then, tap on the three horizontal bars present on the top right.
- A menu with various options will appear.
- From there, choose ‘Settings’.
- When the ‘Settings’ section opens, scroll till you find the ‘Account’ option.
- Then, tap on it.
- From there, select the “Switch to business account” option.
Ahh, yes. You’re right in thinking that we’re switching to a business account. Because Instagram doesn’t let users see post insights for personal/ private accounts. So, after you’ve converted to a business account, follow these steps:
- Go back to your profile page.
- Scroll till you locate the post that you want to see insights about.
- Tap on the post and then tap on “View Insights.”
- Some data about your post will appear on the screen.
- The number that appears below the bookmark icon will show how many times someone has saved your post.
Alright, people! We’ve reached the end of today’s article, and by now, I hope you know how to see who favorited your post on Instagram!! In this article, I’ve mentioned one easy way of doing so, and I’ve also told you how to see how many people favorited your post! So, follow these methods and understand your audience’s preferences better!
Oh, and if you’ve got an influencer friend, then share this article with them! Once they know how to see who favorited your post on Instagram, they will be able to work on their content even better as well!
Why Are My Instagram Insights Not Showing?
Your Instagram insights may not be showing because you’re still using a personal/ private account. Try switching to a professional account and check again.
Can Someone See If You Favorited Their Post?
No, if you save someone’s post, they will not be able to see your name. Although, they will still be able to see that ‘someone’ saved their post.
Are Favorites Public On Instagram?
The favorite list that lets you add up to 50 people at a time is private to you, just like the Close Friends list is. Other accounts will not be notified if you favorite or unfavorite them.