Do you know how to see whos online on Instagram? If you want to talk to someone in your Instagram DMs, but you do not know whether they are online or not, then you can check their online status. The social media app allows users to hide or show their Activity Status, which tells users when they are online.
Do you know you can hide your online status on the app Instagram? If you are not very active on Instagram and do not know how to see whos online on Instagram, you can follow the steps mentioned below. You should also know that to follow the steps mentioned below, your Activity Status should be turned on.
We will be explaining steps on how to see whos online on Instagram with the help of the Activity Status feature. You might also want to know how to see who favorited your post on Instagram and how to find the meaning of Instagram DM suggestions order.
Table of Contents
How To See Whos Online On Instagram?
If you do not know how to see whos online on Instagram, you have come to the right place. Other than that, you can also check out how to see the first message of a conversation in your Instagram DMs and how to get purple messages for Instagram DMs.
Without any further delay, let’s take a look at these steps on how to see whos online on Instagram with the help of the steps mentioned below.
How To See Whos Online On Instagram Through Activity Status?
If you are curious about how to see whos online on Instagram, then you can follow the steps mentioned below on how to see whos online on Instagram. You should keep in mind that you can see Activity Status for accounts that follow you or have a conversation going on with you already. Similarly, the user’s Activity Status should be turned on, as well as your Activity Status should be turned on.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, and check whether your Activity Status is turned on or not.
- Go to your Instagram settings, select Privacy, and turn on Activity Status.
- Once you have ensured that your Activity Status is turned on, go to your Instagram home page.
- Now tap on the DM icon provided on the top right corner of the homepage to access your Instagram DMs.
- Now tap on the Active tab provided at the top of your Instagram DMs, so that you can see all the users who are active at the moment.
- You can message any person from the Active tab if you want to have a conversation with them.
It is also notable that the Active tab feature is still not available for Android users and is only exclusive to iPhone users.
How To See Whos Online On Instagram With The Help Of IG DMs?
Now that you know how to see whos online on Instagram through the Active Tab, here’s how to tell when someone is online if their Activity Status is turned off. Mentioned below are steps on how to see whos online on Instagram with the help of Instagram DMs.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tpa on the messenger icon provided on the top right corner of your Instagram home page.
- Once you are on the DM page of your Instagram, find the person whose online status you want to know.
- If the activity status of the person is turned on and they are online, you will see a green dot beside their profile pictures in the chats.
- If the green dot is not available, tap on the chat.
- Once the chat is open, you will be able to see if the person is online beneath their username. You can also find when was the last time they were online if they are not online at that moment.
We have covered all the steps on how to see whos online on Instagram. If you want to know how to archive highlights on your Instagram or how to access the new feature on Instagram to see most posts first you can find more reads by us.
Besides that, we have also covered how to organize your following list on Instagram and how to blur sensitive content on your Instagram posts. You can stay tuned with us to find answers to all your latest Instagram queries.
Can people see me online if my active status is off?
No, if your Activity Status is turned off, then users will not be able to tell when you are online on Instagram. However, the feature will not be usable if you are accessing the Instagram website. The feature only hides your online status if you are using it on the mobile or PC app and not the website version.
Does Instagram show everyone who is active?
No, Instagram doe snot show you everyone who is active, even if your Activity Status is turned on. You can only check whether the people who follow you or people who you have been talking to recently are active or not. You can not see the Activity Status of accounts that you do not interact with.
How can you tell if someone is offline or online?
If someone’s Activity Status is turned off, then the best way to check whether they are online or not is by sending them a message. If you receive a reply or if you can see that they have seen your message, then that means the user is online at the moment.
Did Instagram stop showing other people’s activity?
Yes, Instagram has stopped showing the specific Following Activity tab for users. The feature allowed your followers to check out all your recent interactions with other accounts. However, the feature has been removed. Now users can check out your most recent posts, some of your recent comments on Instagram, and any other information hidden from your followers.
Can someone see if I’m online on Instagram?
Yes, if the Activity Status for your account is turned on, then all the people you have a conversation with on Instagram DMs can see when you are online. It is also notable that if you do not want people to know when you are online, you can turn off your Activity Status. But once you do that, you will not be able to see other people’s Activity Status as well.
Why can’t I see who’s active on Instagram?
If your Activity Status is turned on and you are unable to check whether someone is online or not, it is because they have turned off their Activity Status. There is no way for you to know whether the said person is online or not because they have turned off their status visibility for other users.