Have you ever wondered how to see your TikTok view history? It might have happened after such frustrating problems: “That was such an entertaining video!” But you lost it forever. “That video was so funny!” But the page got refreshed, and now you can’t find it. “That video was literally about me! It was so relatable!” Boom, you unknowingly refreshed your “For You” page and then lost the video before you could share it with your friends. But no more. Because in this article, I’ll be telling you how to see your TikTok watch history!
The app is designed in a way to keep videos with crazy songs, trends, and conversations coming hard and fast. Their point, according to me, is, why bother with what’s gone when so much new and better is coming your way? Little do they understand that some videos are irreplaceable.
But, thanks to TikTok’s newest feature, “Watch history,” nothing untoward will happen if you press any wrong button while watching TikTok. That is, there will be no more losing funny, interesting, and relatable videos.
How To See Your TikTok Watch History | Reconcile With Your Lost Videos!
I’ll help you in finding that video you lost. The two methods that I’ll share are going to ensure that you never have to lose a video again. No more pain going through the same pain and aggravation.
Also, Read | How To Get Rid Of Captions On TikTok! Find Out Here!
1# How To See Your Tiktok View History Of Up To 7 Days!
The “Watch history” is Tiktok’s newest feature launched by the end of March 2022. This feature enables users to keep track of the past seven days of content they have watched on TikTok. The steps involved in browsing your previously watched videos are pretty simple. TikTok has a dedicated tab for doing so in the settings.
Follow the steps given below to find out everything you’ve watched in the past seven days:
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Go to your TikTok profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings and privacy.”
- In “Settings and privacy”, tap on the “Content & Activity” section.
- When that opens, tap “Watch History.”
Viola! There you have all the content you’ve watched in the past seven days.
Also, it seems like not all people can use this new feature currently. It’s unclear how long it will take for TikTok to roll it out for everyone. If you’re someone who doesn’t have this feature, don’t worry! The second procedure mentioned below will help you.
2# How To See Your Tiktok View History Of Up To 7 Days & Months, Years Before!
This method involves a few more steps. In this procedure, you have to request your full TikTok timeline as a data file from TikTok. This file will contain information about your account–like comment history and a list of videos you’ve watched, i.e., “video browsing history,” etc.
It might sound a little complicated, but I’ll be making it simpler and easy to understand for you. Also, the entire process takes some time–anywhere between 24 hours to a couple of days. But the detailed results are going to be worth it. So, be patient!
Follow the steps below to request your data file and see your TikTok watch history of up to 7 days, months, or even years before!
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Go to the profile section.
- On the top-right corner, tap the three horizontal lines.
- Tap “Privacy” from the range of options that appear.
- From the results that appear, select “Personalization and data.”
- Now, select “download your data.”
- Select the file format you want your data to be in. There are two options: a TXT file or a JSON file.
- You may opt for a .txt file as it is easier to open than a JSON file.
- After selecting your format, tap the “Request Data” button to confirm your data request.
- Go to the “Download data” tab to check the status of your request.
- The request would be showing “Pending,” — which means that TikTok is processing your data request.
Once your data request is processed–it should take no more than four days. The duration depends on how long you’ve been using TikTok. You’ll get a message from TikTok once the process is done.
- In the “Download Data” tab– the status of your request will change after your file is available for download.
- It should show “download .”Click on it.
- It will redirect you to your browser.
- To verify your identity, you’ll have to log in to your existing TikTok account.
- After your profile is verified, the zip file can truly be yours.
- Tap on “Download” one more time.
- Open the zip file and go to the “Video browsing history” option.
- The “.txt” files can be opened in several ways. If you’re an iOS user, you can open it using “Files,” but it may take a while.
- Android has a similar option to open zip files.
- Alternatively, you can send it to yourself on your computer using email, WhatsApp, or Google Drive and open it there.
- In the file, you can look up all related information to your account like activity, Ads and data, App settings, comments, etc.
- But, we want to access our watch history. So, head over to ‘Activity.’
- In “Activity,” there will be a lot of things like followers, following, likes, and login history.
- Scroll down to the “Video browsing history.”
- There you will find ALL of the videos you’ve ever watched–with the date and time.
- Now, please copy and paste each video’s URL into your web browser to watch it.
- Any browser can be used for watching the videos– Chrome, Safari, Edge, etc.
Note that the requested data will be available for download for up to four days. If you fail to do it in that time, the session will expire, and you will have to request your data file again.
I hope you found the above steps useful. Following these steps, you’ll never have to lose a TikTok you’ve unintentionally clicked away from. TikTok has been pretty considerate by introducing the “Watch history” feature. And, I have been friendly and charitable by telling you all how to see your TikTok view history. It’s okay, though. Thank me later.
Till then, please stay connected with us for more such handy and profitable content!