Apart from pictures and videos that depict the happenings of our daily lives, we also like to share memes, reels, and TikToks on Instagram stories, don’t we? Come across something super relatable or super trendy while scrolling through the reel section? Great. Share it with your followers via stories! But before that, you need to know how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022. So, keep reading!
Now, you must be wondering if you’re even going to find an answer to your question, how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022. Because, even though the length of the stories have been increased from the default, 15 seconds, sharing reels on stories is still pretty problematic. If you’re going to share something that’s longer than 15 seconds, then Instagram will only display the first 15 seconds of it.
But hey, you don’t need to think poorly of Instagram for this reason. Because as usual, Instagram, was only looking out the best interests of its users. When you see reels from the reel tab instead of stories, it helps in increasing engagement. And, people who run businesses on Instagram, social media influencers, etc. do need this. Don’t you worry though, we’ll still find out how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Share Full Reels On Instagram Story 2022 | Try This Smart Hack NOW!
After this perfectly valid reason behind Instagram only sharing the first 15 seconds of reels, you might be thinking how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022. Instagram is doesn’t really allow changes to its algorithm or layout. Ahh well, you’re right. But, I’ve got an excellent workaround for you.
According to this method/ workaround, you download the reel that you want to post on your story. And then, you’ll be able to post the whole thing to your story! Now, if you want to know how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022 in a bit more detail, keep reading!
Steps To Share Full Reels On Instagram Story 2022
Above I said that you can download reels from Instagram, and save them to your gallery before uploading. But, Instagram doesn’t allow users to download other people’s reels, does it? So, we’ll make use of a third-party app here. I know, they are not very trustworthy, so, use them at your own risk.
After downloading the reel to your phone, you’ll be able to post it on your story in segments. People who follow you will be able to watch the whole reel in two segments, but that’s okay. The only demerit of this method is that, people won’t be able to tap on the reel that you posted and watch the entire thing by going to the original post.
And that’s why they won’t be able to like or comment on it either. Plus, if they want to share the same thing on their stories, they won’t be able to do so because of the lack of link to the original post.
But, if all of this isn’t a problem to you, then follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022:
- Go to the App Store or Play Store and search for “Repost: For Instagram”.
- The, go back to Instagram and locate the reel that you wish to post on your story.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the bottom left of the reel.
- A menu will appear on the screen.
- From the range of options available, tap on “Copy Link”.
- Now, open the app that you just downloaded.
- The app will have the reel link automatically.
- Tap on the reel when it loads.
- If you want to save the reel to your phone without a watermark, then tap on the “Attribution mark” option.
- From the options that appear, choose “None”.
- Now, tap the share button located at the t corner of the screen.
- From there, tap on “Save Video” to download the reel to your Photos app.
- Android users can tap the ‘Post to Feed’ option to save the reel to their Gallery.
- Tap “Ok” to confirm the process.
- After the reel is saved to your phone, open Instagram.
- Tap on the Plus icon at the top right and select Story from the drop-down menu that appears. Or, you can swipe right from the home feed to open the camera section.
- Then, tap on the small square icon at the bottom left to open gallery.
- Select the video that you’ve just saved. If the reel was more than 15 seconds, then it will be available as different clips. Select all those clips in order.
- You can add text, add stickers, draw something, or even filters to the clips.
- After you’re done editing your story, tap the “Your Story” option to share the reel.
And that’s it! The reel will now be available on your story!
Alright, people! This was how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022! I hope you found this article helpful and the steps easy to follow. In case you did, go, follow the steps and share your saved reels on your stories! And in case you find yourself stuck at some point, ask for help in the comments section!
If you’ve got a friend who, too, wants to share some amazing reels but doesn’t know how to share full reels on Instagram story 2022, please share this article with them!
Can You Promote Reels On Instagram 2022?
Businesses can boost their reels to turn them into ads to reach new audiences and drive engagement. Boosted Reels appear in the Reels tab, Explore, feed and Stories. And that’s how you can promote reels on Instagram 2022.
How Do You Repost A Reel In 2022?
You can repost a reel from an account that’s set to public. To do this, open a reel that’s caught your public. Then, tap on the airplane icon that appears on the left panel. A pop-up will appear that will give you the option to post the reel in your Instagram story. On stories, you can edit the reel and then post it.
Why Can’t I Share A Reel To My Story?
If you can’t share a reel to your story, then go to your profile section and tap the hamburger icon (three lines menu) in the top right corner. Go to Settings -> Privacy. Navigate to Story; then toggle Allow sharing to story to disable it. Once the feature has been disabled, restart your device and enable it again.
Why Can’t I Post A Reel On Instagram 2022?
If you can’t post a reel on Instgaram 2022, then update your Instagram app to the latest version available. This should solve the problem.