Social media inter sharing is nothing new. You can see a meme on Reddit and immediately want to share it on Instagram. Sometimes you see something funny on Instagram, and immediately flock to share it with your best friends on WhatsApp. So, if there’s an Instagram reel that you like, you might want to share it on Snapchat. But wait, can you share Instagram reels to Snapchat story? Well, if you know how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story, you can. So, in case you don’t know how to do that, read this article to find out.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Share Instagram Reel To Snapchat Story | Simple Methods For Quick Sharing!
Learning how to share reels on Snapchat story is easy. In fact, you get two ways of sharing your Instagram reels on Snapchat. For example, you can copy the link to your reel and add it to your Snapchat story. People who see your story will be able to see the link and tap on it and see your reel. The second option you’ve got is to screen record the reel, save it to your gallery, and then upload it as a story to Snapchat. Both options work equally well and you can pick either of them to get the job with great ease.
But, if you want to know how to share reels to Snapchat story in a bit more detail, read this article till the end.
How To Share Instagram Reel To Snapchat Story Using Links?
The easiest method to share reels on Snapchat is by copying their links and then adding them to Snapchat story. Because conveniently enough, Snapchat allows you to post links to stories as well. However, if you have a personal profile, only your friends on Instagram will be able to see what’s in the link. If you have a public Instagram account, or you’re sharing a reel from a public account, then this shouldn’t be an issue for you either!
Another thing to note here is that a link to the reel will not show the reel on Snapchat. Instead, it will open in a web browser or Instagram.
Now, to know how to add reels to Snapchat story, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or your Android . The method works the same for both operating systems.
- Choose the reel from Instagram that you want to share. Alternatively, you can choose a random reel from the Explore page or anything from a public account.
- To choose a reel from your profile start by tapping on your profile picture on the bottom right of your screen.
- Swipe left to land on the reels page of your profile.
- Tap on to the reel to open it.
- Now, tap on the paper plane icon located at the bottom right.
- From the menu that appears, choose the “Copy link” option at the bottom. The link will be copied to your clipboard.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone. The home screen with the camera will open.
- Take a picture or a video to post a snap. It can also be a blank snap.
- From the vertical menu on the right, tap on the link attachment icon. Here you need to post your link. The link option will be flashing, indicating a copied link.
- Tap on the ‘Attach to Snap’ option and you’re done! Tap on the blue arrow to send the snap to your story!
And, that’s it! Now everyone on Snapchat who views your story will be able to see the link to the reel you shared. On clicking the link they will be taken to the reel on their Instagram app and they will be able to watch it. If it’s your own reel, you will see the engagement numbers rise.
How To Share Instagram Reel To Snapchat Story Using Screen Recording?
If you don’t want to link a reel, you can also use the method of manually sharing an Instagram reel to a Snapchat story. This alternative is good if you don’t want people to go directly to your profile or if your profile is locked. If the reel you shared is from someone only you follow and your friends don’t, then this method works too.
So, to know how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or Android, open the Instagram app.
- Select the reel which you want to share on the story on Snapchat.
- Here, take a screen recording of the reel and save the video to your device. Make sure to edit out the beginning and the end bits which are not relevant to the reel.
- Go back and open the Snapchat app.
- On the home screen, instead of tapping the camera icon to take a snap, tap on the gallery icon.
- Choose the option Camera Roll and select the video that you just recorded.
- At the bottom of the screen tap on the blue arrow and then send the reel to your story.
Your followers will now be able to see the reel as a video story. If you have kept the audio available, they will be able to hear the audio too. Also, if you have an iPhone, the recorded video will have a red recording tag on top. So people will be able to tell that the video is a screen recording!
So, there you have it, folks! This is how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story. In this article, I walked you through two easy methods of sharing Instagram reels on Snapchat. And so, I hope you found this article informative and useful. In case you did, pick and follow any of the above-mentioned methods to share your reels with your Snapchat friends! And in case you get stuck at any point while doing so, feel free to ask for help in the comments!
Can you share Instagram reels with the Snapchat story?
Yes, you can share Instagram reels to your Snapchat story.
Can someone play my reels on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, when you share your reels on Snapchat they won’t be played. Instead, a link to the reel will be shared.
Why can’t people open my reels on Snapchat?
If you have a private account on Instagram, people who don’t follow you there won’t be able to play it from Snapchat!