Social media inter sharing is nothing new. We see a meme on Reddit and we immediately want to share it on Instagram. Sometimes we see something funny on Instagram, we immediately flock to share it with our best friends on Snapchat. Along similar lines, today we will show you how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story. So make sure you stick with us till the end!
There are always different friends we have on Snapchat compared to other social media. But thankfully we can bring over friends from one platform to the other. You can share your snapcode with your Instagram followers. You can also share your posts from Instagram over on your Snapchat.
But, how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story? Well, it’s easy. There are two ways to share reels to Snapchat stories. The first is to add a link to the reel to your Snapchat story. Your friends will be able to see the link and tap on it to view it. The second way is to screen record the reel, save it to your gallery and then upload it as a story to Snapchat.
Snapchat stories have a lot of flexibility by default. The first is that you can keep private stories. This means you can share your Instagram reel with only a select few if you want. Then again, if you are a part of someone else’s Private Story, you can leave it as well. Currently, there is no way to view someone’s story without being friends with them. Unless of course, they have a public snap!
How To Share Instagram Reel To Snapchat Story? Simple Methods For Simple Sharing!
If you are a Snapchat creator then it makes sense to share a piece of content across various social media. You can use this strategy to drive traffic from Snapchat to Instagram too. Say you have a much bigger following on Snapchat than you have on Instagram. So you can get more eyes over to Instagram and leverage your audience from one to the other.
Instagram reels are fun to make but they are nothing compared to the filter-filled fun you have on Snapchat. Either way, you should know how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story and get the most views you can! Read on to find out!
Sharing The Link To The Instagram Reel | How To Share Instagram Reel To Snapchat Story
To grow your audience the first and the easiest method to know how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story is by sharing its link. Luckily Snapchat allows you to post links to stories. You can add links to any external website, a Google search result, or another social media profile too. Do note that if you have a personal profile, only your friends on Instagram will be able to see what’s in the link. If you have a public Instagram account, this shouldn’t be an issue for you!
If you are sharing a public reel, then that is not an issue either. Also, a link to the reel will not show the reel on Snapchat. Instead, a link with details will be visible. To share an Instagram reel on Snapchat, follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or your Android phone. The method works the same for both operating systems.
- Choose the reel from Instagram that you want to share. Alternatively, you can choose a random reel from the explore page or anything from a public account.
- To choose a reel from your profile start by tapping on your profile picture on the bottom right of your screen.
- Swipe left to land on the reels page of your profile.
- Tap and hold on to the reel to open it.
- Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the reel. You will see a list of icons pop up.
- From the options choose the link option to copy it. The link will be copied to your clipboard.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone. The home screen with the camera will open.
- Take a picture or a video to post a snap. It can also be a blank snap.
- From the vertical menu on the right, tap on the link attachment icon. Here you need to post your link. The link option will be flashing, indicating a copied link.
- Tap on the ‘Attach to Snap’ option and you’re done! Tap on the blue arrow to send the snap to your story!
Now everyone on Snapchat who views your story will be able to see the link to the reel you shared. On clicking the link they will be taken to the reel on their Instagram app and they will be able to watch it. If it’s your own reel, you will see the engagement numbers rise.
Sharing The Instagram Reel As A Screenrecording | How To Share Instagram Reel To Snapchat Story
If you don’t want to link a reel, you can also use the method of manually sharing an Instagram reel to a Snapchat story. This alternative is good if you don’t want people to go directly to your profile or if your profile is locked. If the reel you shared is from someone only you follow and your friends don’t, then this method works too.
- On your iPhone or Android, open the Instagram app.
- Select the reel which you want to share on the story on Snapchat.
- Here, take a screen recording of the reel and save the video to your device. Make sure to edit out the beginning and the end bits which are not relevant to the reel.
- Go back and open the Snapchat app.
- On the home screen, instead of tapping the camera icon to take a snap, tap on the gallery icon.
- Choose the option Camera Roll and select the video that you just recorded.
- At the bottom of the screen tap on the blue arrow and then send the reel to your story.
Your followers will now be able to see the reel as a video story. If you have kept the audio available, they will be able to hear the audio too. Also, if you have an iPhone, the recorded video will have a red recording tag on top. So people will be able to tell that the video is a screen recording!
So, there you have it, folks! All that you need to know on how to share Instagram reel to Snapchat story. You can also share the reels or their link to Snapchat DMs. In case you want to share something on a group chat on Snapchat, then that works too! If there is any other Snapchat-related issue, then feel free to let us know. We will try our best to help you out!
Can you share Instagram reels with the Snapchat story?
Yes, you can share Instagram reels to your Snapchat story.
Can someone play my reels on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, when you share your reels on Snapchat they won’t be played. Instead, a link to the reel will be shared.
Why can’t people open my reels on Snapchat?
If you have a private account on Instagram, people who don’t follow you there won’t be able to play it from Snapchat!